Help....Hairline has suffered!

princessdi

I am currently 9 months post relaxer and have been wearing a full wig for the past 6 or 7 months for a protective style. While I must say, I have had great success with hair growth while wearing the wig, my hairline has suffered tremendously. My goal for the next 3 months is to work on regrowing my hairline while continuing to retain the growth I've gained; however, I'm not sure what protective style to wear now because I can't go without something covering up my hairline because it's so thin. I thought about wearing a half wig for the next 3 months, but I've read that they also make the hairline suffer. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do for a protective style and also offer suggestions on what to do to regrow my hairline?

Thank you.

Nonie

When people say half wigs mess the hairline up, is that because the hair is pulled back when they are worn?

I think wearing bangs, even side swept if your hair is too long to hang down straight over your forehead and then a half wig blended in with your own hair, but without pulling you hair back tightly, might work. No?

SelfStyled

I wear half wigs all the time and I have never suffered damage to my edges. Don't pull your hair back hard and use side swept bangs like this.....

Also switch up your protective styles. I rotate half wigs, bunning , phony ponies, french braids etc. Good luck!

l_choice2001

i think that is key is switching it up always do different things i wear wigs for like a week, then i braid and wear a pony tail, then a half wig any strain over too much time can cause problems even with pony tails wear them at different angles and heights as to not cause stress spots

Petite One

When people say half wigs mess the hairline up, is that because the hair is pulled back when they are worn?

I think wearing bangs, even side swept if your hair is too long to hang down straight over your forehead and then a half wig blended in with your own hair, but without pulling you hair back tightly, might work. No?

This is what my mom use to do and her hairline was fine.

princessdi

I wear half wigs all the time and I have never suffered damage to my edges. Don't pull your hair back hard and use side swept bangs like this.....

Also switch up your protective styles. I rotate half wigs, bunning , phony ponies, french braids etc. Good luck!

Thanks. Are you natural. I'm 9 months post relaxer and without heat, I'm not sure how the front of my hair would look. How do you do yours? Do you use heat everyday? It looks really good.

princessdi

Thanks to all of you who responded. It's all good advice and I will definitely work with your suggestions.

SelfStyled

Thanks. Are you natural. I'm 9 months post relaxer and without heat, I'm not sure how the front of my hair would look. How do you do yours? Do you use heat everyday? It looks really good.

Thanks so much Princess Di. I am not natural, but I don't relax bone straight, that is why you can see the texture in that picture. Me and heat do not get along at all. I flat iron once every 8 weeks. The rest I do all airdrying. After I cowash, I put in my leave in conditioner, oil, and a little bit of the fantasia sparkelite gel. I put my hair back in a ponytail with a satin scrunchy, and smooth down the hairline with my fingers and cover my head with a silk scarf. I either air dry or if I have somewhere to go I sit under my ion bonnet dryer on cool for 30 min. The results are what you see in the picture. This method smooths out my hair, but you can still see the texture. Try the scarf method and see if that works for you. Can you cornroll? Sometimes with half wigs I will cornow the front going back and then put on a head band.