HELP: Herbal Hair Rinse

tailormade84

So I read on a site that to make a rinse you add 2 TBS of dried herb per cup of water, but i dont know how many tea bags will give me 2 TBS.:ohwell:

Does anyone know how many tea bags of dried herbs to add to 1 cup of water in order to make a herbal hair rinse???

What have you used in the past that has lead to great results??

( I plan on using the NETTLE, HORSETAIL, and BURDOCK infused water for my bentonite clay hair mask.)

Eisani

If you want precise measurements, why not just open up the tea bags to measure then use a nylon or reusable tea sachets to steep? I always open up my tea bags.

tailormade84

If you want precise measurements, why not just open up the tea bags to measure then use a nylon or reusable tea sachets to steep? I always open up my tea bags.

i wanted to avoiding having to go out and buy tea bags :(
i just wanted to use the bags they came in...oh well....let me stop being cheap :drunk:

producjunki

Why not open them up, brew the loose herbs in the water, and them strain them out? With either muslin or cheese cloth?

tailormade84

it seems the plan is final, for exact measurements i'll just rip them open :) thanx ladies!

For anyone who wanted any other info on this matter, I found the following online:
To make a rinse, make a strong infusion of the herbs using 2 TBS of herb per cup of water. Pour it over your hair after shampooing, catching the liquid in a pan, and rinse as many times as you wish.

if you don't have a cheesecloth, you can use 6 bags of tea for 2 cups of water (i don't know how accurate this is)....

DO's:
* Refrigerate leftover hair tea for 10-14 days in an airtight stainless steel or glass container.
* Store the herbs for between 6-12 months in an airtight container in a cool, dry place or else it may spoil.

DON'Ts:
* Refrigerate tea in an aluminum container
* Reuse tea bags.
* Freeze your hair teas.

Last edited: