HELP!!!!! How do I maintain new growth?

mightycute912

I am in the Newbie Challenge 2006-2007. I am committed to it. But I need HELP! My roots get thick because I have stretched my relaxers from 8 weeks to 12 weeks. The challenge calls for no heat. I am coming up with a regime that includes air drying my hair, but I flat iron the roots. Rollersets are acceptable, the only thing is I am terrible at rollersetting my own hair. I can't do it. I am new to San Diego and I have had a bad experience with Roslyn at Fetiq's. I asked her to rollerset my hair and the rollers were falling out into my lap and food while I was sitting there drying. SO, my experience with rollersetting in Diego is that it doesn't happen. How do I maintain new growth? :ohwell:

LocksOfLuV

Have you considered giving protective styles a try?

I used to try and keep up with that I call the "college jones' " (since every woman wears their hair down in college) while trying to stretch and I figured that it is impossible to do if you plan on staying away from heat. Now I airdry using the silk/satin scarf method and wear protective styles throught my stretch with no combing until wash day. That way I don't have to worry about messing or fighting with my newgrowth.

mightycute912

I feel you with the "college jones" thing. What exactly is the satin/silk method. I haven't tried any protective styles, but I will try. Do you have any you recommend?

shunta

When my newgrowth is out of control, I do low manipulation styles like braidouts or twistouts. That way, I wont have to try and comb thru it everyday. It seems to work, though.:)

mightycute912

I can't find on small enough for my head and big enough for my hair. I need to find a better beauty supply. I'll try that too. Thanks.