HELP I need a new regimen!

gadgetdiva

Ok I've been combing through the threads and turned into a PJ overnight! I'm learning the acronyms & terminology.
My hair is fine, two types in my head (crazy I tell ya) 3C and 4A. I need a moisturizing regimen as well as a strengthening regimen because I am having some breakage :nono: ...no bueno. My hair is what I've learned here in the LHCF, (or so I thought) TEXLAXED. It's a no- lye texturizer I do it every 8 wks. I referred to it as relaxed because a texturizer does what a relaxer is supposed to do go figure.

Here is my arsenal:

Shampoo
CHI Deep Brilliance Hydration Moisture Binding
Pantene Pro-V Clarifying
ORS Olive Oil neutralizing shampoo (its good to use after swimming)
Proclaim Olive Glossing Shampoo

Leave In Conditioners:
Motions CPR
Elasta QP Leave In H2
Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstructionizer (dang thats a long name)
Organix Coconut Milk Split ends mender
Hask Placenta Plus Olive Oil

Conditioners
Proclaim Olive Glossing Conditioner
Roux Porosity Control
Roux Mendex
Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment
Megatek Rebuilder (4 oz mixed w/ 2 drops Peppermint EO, 1 oz total of jojoba-olive oil-grapeseed-castor oil)

Serums/Polishers
CHI Silk Infusion
Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Oil Glossing Polish
Silk Elements MegasSilk Oilve Heat Protection Spray (when I sit under hair dryer or flatiron)
Pureology Antifade Complex Superstraight relaxing hair serum

Wrap Lotions
Lottabody Olive Oil Foam Wrap

Moisturizer
Mizani Rose H2O

I shed about 20 to 25 hairs a day, this is said to be normal (Although my hair is fine I'm not noticing it thinning at all) I would like to slow the shedding tho.
I need to stop the breakage ASAP. I just started using the MT, I'm on my week off of it. I did a co-wash this morning used Motions CPR, I let it air dry and it feels ugh...I guess it might've helped if I used the Mizani Rose H2O
ANy suggestions on how to proceed what you use what I should stop using would be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited:

BellaLunie

:welcome:

I'm still learning myself but have you done a protein treatment to stop breakage? Also do you dc or wear protective styles? I'm sure some other ladies will chime in

gadgetdiva

I deep condition once a week! I have done the protein treatment for the breakage but it seems that my hair is a bit sensitive to too much protein like the Aphogee Two Step Protein treatment ( I can only do that one every 6 wks) So I try the keratin leave in sprays.

I have not found a protective style that I can wear for work just yet.

This breakage is recent I should add.

gadgetdiva

I was shedding long before MT...which I read is supposed to be normal. It hasnt increased thank goodness but its the breakage that is tripping me out.

gadgetdiva

I'm still reading through threads and am remembering what worked in the past to what I'm doing different now that could be causing the breakage...
I know when I'm at home I keep my hair wrapped & covered w/ a silk scarf faithfully.

The only thing I can think that may have caused this is the 2 days ago I cowashed was in a hurry blow dried & flatironed (which I hadn't done in at least 2 mmths now) so maybe that direct heat was a shock ?

BellaLunie

I would suggest Nexxus Emergencee and that can be used weekly unlike Aphogee. It's less messier also. For shedding look into garlic supplements or teatment

gadgetdiva

I would suggest Nexxus Emergencee and that can be used weekly unlike Aphogee. It's less messier also. For shedding look into garlic supplements or teatment

Oooh cool! Thanks BellaLunie! Yeah I think I need to get to the Vitamin Shoppe and pic up some of garlic supps.

silkii_locks

Hi OP,
I would first suggest that you stop using the Motions CPR. It doesn't have the best ingredients and when I was using it long before I discoverd LHCF I found that it dried my hair out at best and left it feeling like a bale of hay! Can you say "come and get it cows" ?! Anyway, the aphogee 2 min and the Keratin & Green Tea are good products, I use them myself. However I didn't see a true moisturizing "deep" conditioner on your product list. True deep conditioners are different than regular conditioners because they were designed to penetrate deeper into the hair shaft. Leaving a regular conditioner on for a long time does not automatically make it a deep conditioner.

You know you have a true deep conditioner when the bottle or jar says to leave on for 15 mins or more. Regular conditioners will say anywhere from 1 - 5 minutes. Not that reg conditioners don't have their place. But to counteract all the protein from the Aphogee you really need a true deep conditioner.

Some deep condish's off the top of my hear are:
Kenra MC
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
Joico K-Pac Intense Hydrator
Shescentit.com products
Keracare Humecto
Nexxus Humectress
Design Essentials Stimulations

Those are just to name a few. I'm sure the other ladies can chime in with many more.

Your title said that you needed a regimen so I'll tell what mine was when I started my journey.

I pre-poo'd with a protein conditioner (Joico K-pac Daily Conditioner)
Shampoo'd (Joico K-pac Daily Shampoo)
Deep conditioned under dryer (Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner)
Applied Leave In's (Kera Care Wrap Foam, Joico K-pac leave in and Silk Infusion)
Roller Set
Wrapped Nightly

Please feel free to visit my picture trail for pics.

leigh.hill

Silki locks - THANK YOU FOR BREAKING IT DOWN! I hate to "hi-jack" your thread OP, but I have been looking for a DC for weeks now. I went and bought Giovanni Smooth as Silk, then someone said it was not a DC. I was like wtf, it says "deep conditioner" on the darn bottle :wallbash:....but then it also says leave on for 5 to 10 minutes then rinse. NOW I GET IT!

gadgetdiva

Hi OP,
I would first suggest that you stop using the Motions CPR. It doesn't have the best ingredients and when I was using it long before I discoverd LHCF I found that it dried my hair out at best and left it feeling like a bale of hay! Can you say "come and get it cows" ?! Anyway, the aphogee 2 min and the Keratin & Green Tea are good products, I use them myself. However I didn't see a true moisturizing "deep" conditioner on your product list. True deep conditioners are different than regular conditioners because they were designed to penetrate deeper into the hair shaft. Leaving a regular conditioner on for a long time does not automatically make it a deep conditioner.

You know you have a true deep conditioner when the bottle or jar says to leave on for 15 mins or more. Regular conditioners will say anywhere from 1 - 5 minutes. Not that reg conditioners don't have their place. But to counteract all the protein from the Aphogee you really need a true deep conditioner.

Some deep condish's off the top of my hear are:
Kenra MC
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
Joico K-Pac Intense Hydrator
Shescentit.com products
Keracare Humecto
Nexxus Humectress
Design Essentials Stimulations

Those are just to name a few. I'm sure the other ladies can chime in with many more.

Your title said that you needed a regimen so I'll tell what mine was when I started my journey.

I pre-poo'd with a protein conditioner (Joico K-pac Daily Conditioner)
Shampoo'd (Joico K-pac Daily Shampoo)
Deep conditioned under dryer (Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner)
Applied Leave In's (Kera Care Wrap Foam, Joico K-pac leave in and Silk Infusion)
Roller Set
Wrapped Nightly

Please feel free to visit my picture trail for pics.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! :bighug: I knew I was missing something!

gadgetdiva

Silki locks - THANK YOU FOR BREAKING IT DOWN! I hate to "hi-jack" your thread OP, but I have been looking for a DC for weeks now. I went and bought Giovanni Smooth as Silk, then someone said it was not a DC. I was like wtf, it says "deep conditioner" on the darn bottle :wallbash:....but then it also says leave on for 5 to 10 minutes then rinse. NOW I GET IT!

Girl thank you for that tip because i would have thought the same darn thing.

silkii_locks

You're very welcome guys. I'm just glad that I could help, because I remember how overwhelmed I was when I started. Please feel free to PM me with questions anytime and I will help as much as I can.

BellaLunie

oh shoot that's what I forgot is a moist conditioner, I love NTM mask, Nexxus Humectress, Dove(dark blue bottle), and ORS. Also for me the big difference was using heat. Even if it was for 15 mins

gadgetdiva

Ok I know it's been a minute but I was out of town for Spring Break. My hair got jacked up from the water rides at Six Flags... I just want to say that Nexxus Humectris saved the day! My hair feels sooo soft & silky!!
I tried it on my daughters hair too and their natural curls are nice & soft tangle free!!

I plan on trying Keracare MC as well. I know my hair gets used to certain products then it doesn't know how to act. Alternating keeps it on it's toes

Polka Dot Chic

My only advice to you is to make sure don't you don't "over-condition" (use too much conditioner) your hair. Like an idiot, I over-conditioned my hair for a year and was wondering why my hair kept breaking off. I used to saturate my entire head in conditioner, but now I only apply what the directions say to use. Ever since I stopped using so much product, my breakage has slowed down tremendously.

gadgetdiva

My only advice to you is to make sure don't you don't "over-condition" (use too much conditioner) your hair. Like an idiot, I over-conditioned my hair for a year and was wondering why my hair kept breaking off. I used to saturate my entire head in conditioner, but now I only apply what the directions say to use. Ever since I stopped using so much product, my breakage has slowed down tremendously.

Thank you for that reminder!! Because I just mightve been inclined to do that and wonder the same thing.