HELP Me Cut My Hair/Wig (PLEASE)*****

LadyPBC

Long story (kinda) short I am natural and I am going on a trip. No biggie right? - well for me it is cuz I never know what kinda mood my fine stranded 4a/b, 3c hair is going to be in. I thought about curlformers (last attempt didn't even last a whole day, a roller set (not sure if it will last and will it be too tight), a combination flat twist and twist out style (will it work?). I am really nervous to trust my skills cuz last weekend was a complete fail and I didn't try anything new:perplexed. I will be dressed very elegantly (for a church service) so I want to look somewhat refined but still a little fly at least of the first few days.

I saw lots of reviews online for the Beshe Drew lacefront so I ordered two - I made a wig about a year ago and loved it (big hair) and this was similar so I had no fear. I was hoping but not really expecting to get them in less than a week. Well I placed the order Saturday and they arrived on Wednesday - WTH?!!! I was overjoyed. :drunk: I tried them on and didn't I look like Bozo the clown:blush:. For some reason my drew lf was twice the size of everyone else's I saw on yt.

I'm going to work on the lace right now (following Ms. Martina's advice on yt) but it needs to be trimmed some. I just need some guidance please. I am fine with the length but its too wide. I don't want to ruin the unit so I'm calling on you who know much better than I do for some advice:
Ms. Martina, IDareT'sHair, glamazon386, andromeda, missc, manter26, chocolat79 (did you ever thin yours out?), kweenameena (did you ever order the drew?). Shout out to naturalmanenyc who basically said she just trimmed her unit.

Please help - I'm kinda desperate right now.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Sorry Ms. LadyPBC I always wear mine fresh out of the packaging. And it's always the same wig. (I know, no boring:yawn:).

Anyway, Have Fun on Your Trip.:yep:

LadyPBC

bumping for responses from anyone!

I took a stab at cutting it but its kinda uneven and still big!

irisak

BHM. They should have a thread somewhere to walk you through cutting a wig. In fact I know I've seen a few.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

glamazon386

I have this wig. I just cut the lace to follow the shape of my hairline. I'm not sure about thinning the hair on the wig out though. I've never done it.

irisak

I thought so too but my search wasn't successful.
The only other thing I can recommend is a razor comb. They sell them at the BSS and they do a really good job thinning the hair. Are you talking about the density at the hairline though or the amount of hair/thickness of the wig in general. If it's the hairline then you need to use tweezers.

manter26

I don't have this wig and I haven't cut one like it either...sorry.

Can you post a pic of it now, maybe that would help?

LadyPBC

irisak said:
The only other thing I can recommend is a razor comb. They sell them at the BSS and they do a really good job thinning the hair. Are you talking about the density at the hairline though or the amount of hair/thickness of the wig in general. If it's the hairline then you need to use tweezers.

irisak - it seems to have sooooo much volume in general. I tried tweeting the hairline and creating baby hair. I did ok I guess but I think I should go back in. I like the way I look in the mirror but in pictures it looks huge!

manter26 - I have pictures but won't be able to post for a few days.

irisak

LadyPBC said:
@irisak - it seems to have sooooo much volume in general. I tried tweeting the hairline and creating baby hair. I did ok I guess but I think I should go back in. I like the way I look in the mirror but in pictures it looks huge!

@manter26 - I have pictures but won't be able to post for a few days.

Try a razor comb. It will help get rid of some of the volume/bulk and cut layers at the same time

Last edited:

LadyPBC

too afraid to try using a razor comb irisak.

I wore it and received tons of compliments, questions on how to get their hair like mine (embarassing) and lots of stares! I suppose it turned out ok. I'm going to tweeze the front of it some more and just live with the fullness (even if it does take up most of the frame in my pictures) :lachen::lachen::lachen:

ryanshope

LadyPBC said:
too afraid to try using a razor comb irisak.

I wore it and received tons of compliments, questions on how to get their hair like mine (embarassing) and lots of stares! I suppose it turned out ok. I'm going to tweeze the front of it some more and just live with the fullness (even if it does take up most of the frame in my pictures) :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I have this wig and yes it is very voluminous. I used a razor and shears on mine. I started with the back and trimmed the top.