Help Me!! I wanna relax, should I?

ReeseCup

So, I've been doing the stretching thing. The time before my last relaxer I went 3 months, which was good cause I was one of those 4 to 6 week relaxer pre LHCF. But my last relaxer was Dec 27. I have so much new growth that its killin me. I cant keep my hands out of my hair!! I was trying to at least make it to 8 weeks, but I dont know. My hair is in good condition, very moisturized, little breakage/shedding....but I just cant take this feeling!! I use to have a cut where my hair was shaved in the back, and thats where its bothering me...little beedeebees all up in there, but no one can see them cause they are covered.

Should or shant I? I'm itchin to use the ORS for the first time anyway after doing Silk Elements last time (I think Im a little underprocessed from that too as well), which made me shed all over the place. And of course I'm anxious to see my growth as well.

Help me yall. Oh...2 for one here...

How/when do I use a protein treatment during my relaxer? This is new to me, but I plan to use the Aphogee 2 min...love that stuff.

Thanks ladies :grin:

melodies815

I'm too new to answer this, but I am sure that someone out there knows the answer. Do you have pics of your ng so they can offer help based on what they see?

Bumping for you...

Hope you get what you need,
cj

natural2008

Hey ReeseCup,
Was your hair pressed in your Fotki January album? Girl no do not perm it. Girl Chemicals made my hair fall out literally now I have to cut it all off and start rom scratch. Girl do not do it. I had a texturzer at that.

sprungonhairboards

Stick it out another 3 weeks. You can do it.

Use the protein after rinsing the relaxer out REALLY GOOD but BEFORE neutralizing. Then shampoo. Adding protein at this step works wonders.

lila_baby

You know I think the women count time between relaxers and generally say not earlier than 8 weeks that's just because on average in 8 weeks you'd have an inch of NG. But if your hair grows faster and you have quite a bit of NG just go ahead and relax, the timing is a guideline only.