Help Me Please: My hair (weave stinks)

MsDeeDee82

:wallbash: Hello Ladies,

Please help me .I have a weave in my hair. The front is braided with micro and then weaved in the back. Problem is I only wash it ( I know I know) when i take out the weave. This weekend I plan on washing it. I need your help. What shampoo should I use. I know that it should be sulfate free and have less chemicals as possible. I heard creme of nature is good but dont know what to do. Can you please post your weave washing and conditioning regime for those who are new to the game of weave. Thank you in advance.

lizjoseph

I'm in the same boat as you in that whenever I had a weave,I would never wash my hair! :eek: I've stopped wearing weaves for the time being, however I would suggest going to a salon to get it washed. The only reason I say that, is because you want to make sure that when you're washing it out, you get all the shampoo and conditioner out of your hair. If not your hair could break. :eek: Also, when it come to drying, alot of stylists make sure you sit there until it's completely dry, which takes a while to do since you must dry the weave, plus you hair that is braided underneath.Again, if your hair not completely dry, it may also break.:eek: Hope that helps.:)

glamazon386

I use the same shampoo and conditioner I use on my own hair. And I let it airdry. I wash my weave once a week in the shower and detangle with a wide toothed comb under the stream of the water. Hope that helps.

ETA: I use Nexxus poo and con but you should be alright with your regular shampoo and conditioner.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
You should wash your hair at least every two weeks. This allows you to clean your scalp, moisturize your hair, and also relieve the stink. Try this, take a color bottle and fill it w/ diluted shampoo ( 1 pt water : 1 pt shampoo). When you wash your hair, squeeze this solution unto your braids and gently move them so that it soaks in, then rinse. After you get out of the shower. Take the same bottle, clean it out and add your moisturizer. I do this when I wear sew in's (once a week for me)and my hair comes out nice and soft w/ minimal breakage. HTH

MsDeeDee82

Thanks everyone. I plan on washing it this weekend wish me luck. I think i need to start thinking of my weave hair like my really hair. That might work. Do you some suggestions about conditioners and moistursers ?

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
SHAMPOO:
CON Moisturizing Shampoo (in the green bottle)
Conditioner:
CON (in the red bottle)
Moisturizing Mixture:
This is my mixture that includes:
S-curl
Olive Oil
Nexxus Humectress/African Pride Hair Mayo
water
(I use this ever other day)

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Thanks precious jewel...I have finals this week, takes me a little longer to respond:) . The S-curl is just a great moisturizer, it keeps my hair nice and soft. I also use it when I baggy my ends.

kit-kat

qtslim83 said:
You should wash your hair at least every two weeks. This allows you to clean your scalp, moisturize your hair, and also relieve the stink. Try this, take a color bottle and fill it w/ diluted shampoo ( 1 pt water : 1 pt shampoo). When you wash your hair, squeeze this solution unto your braids and gently move them so that it soaks in, then rinse. After you get out of the shower. Take the same bottle, clean it out and add your moisturizer. I do this when I wear sew in's (once a week for me)and my hair comes out nice and soft w/ minimal breakage. HTH

I like this idea of moisturizing my hair after I shampoo. I use the CON shampoo/conditioner (the one in the red & white bottle with the yellow top). Thanks qtslim. Off to empty my coloring bottle and re-fill with moisturizer.

Last edited: