Help me stop falling for the hype!

pinkchocolatedaisy

Anyone can chime in here, naturals, relaxed, etc. Really I am about to lose it... maybe I need to stay away from hair boards for a while..:lachen: But seriously, I don't know if I should just keep doing what I'm doing or do I really need to eliminate certain ingredients in my regimen. I don't think I've ever had a problem with cones or sulfate- but that was before I was vigilant about my hair care. Now esp that I did the bc, I've been reading about all these naturals not using cones or sulfates, or protein.

ANd most of the products I LOVE have those very things! :wallbash: So am I helping or hindering myself? I know what works for Sally may not work for Susie, yeah yeah... so should I give up my:

Joico Moisture Recovery poo- it has sulfates. the condish has cones I believe and some keratin... so far, my hair has been loving it. And how can I tell if I have cone buildup anyway??:look:

I just bought Redken's All soft conditioner- it has cones but I love the way it makes my hair feel. I have Nexxus Emergencee- haven't used since I have done the bc but it has proteins, right? I have OCT and am waiting for Megatek. I have Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing treatment- cones and SAA's. But it works great on my hair- just have to REALLY rinse it out. I use fantasia gel and sunsilk leave ins. I believe both have cones. I use my Tresemme for my WnG's as a leave in...
I have a little- and I mean little- as in not even everyday- breakage, normal shedding I suppose and m hair feels pretty manageable. I baggy every night and my hair feels super soft and the curls springy.

So am I doing something wrong? I cowash daily now with my all soft, wash maybe once/twice a week with my Joico MR. Any naturals that aren't cone free or sulfate free or protein free? :perplexed:look:

JustKiya

If your hair feels good, it's not breaking, it's growing, it's staying moisturized, and you are happy with it - then don't change a danngone THING.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, ya know? :lol:

If you were having hair issues, on the other hand, that would be a whole different story. :yep:

lilsparkle825

my clarifying poo has sulfates (suave daily clarifying) but it gets the job done well for less than 2 bucks so its a keeper. i use it once a month but i may make it twice with all the cowashing i do. a remedy i have heard is to DC either before or after using it...removes the drying effects.

i also have not needed the emergencee since the BC. after my mom BCs i will probably sell it. that gel and the sunsilk i would stick with...i know a lot of naturals who use both (i am getting the fantasia gel when my stupid garnier fructis runs out)

yo...if washing everyday with redken works for you stick with it as well. i cant afford that...but some of us have hair that hates cheapie conditioners.

pinkchocolatedaisy

If your hair feels good, it's not breaking, it's growing, it's staying moisturized, and you are happy with it - then don't change a danngone THING.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, ya know? :lol:

If you were having hair issues, on the other hand, that would be a whole different story. :yep:

Thanks JK... I have noticed hair is so much better since I did that chop. Wow, what a difference.

pinkchocolatedaisy

my clarifying poo has sulfates (suave daily clarifying) but it gets the job done well for less than 2 bucks so its a keeper. i use it once a month but i may make it twice with all the cowashing i do. a remedy i have heard is to DC either before or after using it...removes the drying effects.

i also have not needed the emergencee since the BC. after my mom BCs i will probably sell it. that gel and the sunsilk i would stick with...i know a lot of naturals who use both (i am getting the fantasia gel when my stupid garnier fructis runs out)

yo...if washing everyday with redken works for you stick with it as well. i cant afford that...but some of us have hair that hates cheapie conditioners.

Thank you lilsparkles... I don't think I will need my emegencee either- esp since I don't put heat on my hair anyway- well how could I? it's so short! I actually got a decent deal at this cheap bss by my work for the redken. I got the big 33.8 oz bottle for 20 bucks. I am cheap too but all of the sudden my cheap walmart cond weren't working for me- at least not for CW, but for WnG they are excellent!

felicia

I know how you feel. I fell for the all natural product hype and I'm starting to regret it. My hair was extra dry and getting splits, so I decided to go back to my chemicals lol. I do like some of the natural leave-ins. I just washed and conditioned my hair w/Joico and it looks and feels great, so I'm sticking w/it.

pinkchocolatedaisy

I know how you feel. I fell for the all natural product hype and I'm starting to regret it. My hair was extra dry and getting splits, so I decided to go back to my chemicals lol. I do like some of the natural leave-ins. I just washed and conditioned my hair w/Joico and it looks and feels great, so I'm sticking w/it.

I LOVE Joico....

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way

msa

Continue to do what works for you (and it does sound like it's working). It's great that you've found products that work for your hair and who cares if they have cones, sulfates, are for horses, or whatever. As long as you and your hair like it, keep using it!

mscocoface

Rules for Natural Hair Care or Any Hair Care for that matter.

1. Remember all of this is information and/or advice.

2. Your hair will tell you what it likes and don't like. Always listen to your hair.

When confused or frustrated just go back rules number 1 and number 2. :yep:

pinkchocolatedaisy

and who cares if they have cones, sulfates, are for horses, or whatever. As long as you and your hair like it, keep using it![/quote]

lol at the bolded. why you gotta go there???:lachen: I'ma bout to start using Megatek, whenever it finally gets here

productjunkie814

I agree with the previous posters. It's all about what your hair is telling you. My hair loves some protein products and not others. It likes some products with cones and not others. If my hair likes it and behaves, I keep it. If it's actin a fool, then it goes in the "To Be Given Away" shelf. :grin: