help me with this (shea butter+ olive oil)

coolsista-paris

Hi i made some whipped shea butter mixed with olive oil. It turned out right and i use it for body and hair. on my sons hair when i put it on him after his shower it defines his curls soooooo well.and they stay. :yep:

but when i put it on skin i feel like water is missing to keep in moisture. I feel like its more oil/shea. i dont know if its psycologique but i feel like its not staying on my skin.
plus my son has excema at some times and i really need to get a way to put moisture in it (aloe vera will make the cream last for short time i think)/what can i add? i love the mix but want a water base.

Are you putting it on your skin when it's wet? If not, I don't think you'll get the effect that you are looking for. Given that it is whipped with olive oil, you can expect an oily feel.

And you can't add water to the mixture unless you are willing to introduce some sort of preservative.

coolsista-paris

Are you putting it on your skin when it's wet? If not, I don't think you'll get the effect that you are looking for. Given that it is whipped with olive oil, you can expect an oily feel.

And you can't add water to the mixture unless you are willing to introduce some sort of preservative.

oh too bad for me then. that means i got no choice. the oily feeling feels weard sometimes. i guess for my son i'll have to put the mixture and a cream called dexeril thats keeps in moisture (ive alread tried putting it on top of shea butter and it worked well).

alexstin

I mix my shea with olive oil also but it's probably one part oil to 3 parts shea. Keeps our skin hydrated.