HELP!!!!!!.....mild to regular??

itismehmmkay

So yesterday I got a mild relaxer on my natural hair by a hair professional.........NOTHING HAPPENED TO MY HAIR! I still have an afro!
Now, some may be saying that I should have used a regular from the get-go. But I've done this to my own previously natural/virgin hair before with a mild (last summer)....and it took!

Here are some catches to that though:

1. I used a lye perm while the haircare prof used a no-lye
(I used Motions Oil Moisturizer Relaxer and she used an Affirm Mild....supposeably they didn't have any lye perms there!

2. It did take me a few applications before I got the mildly texturized texture that I wanted.

But I called myself going to the haircare prof thinking she'd be better at determining when to take the relaxer off. I guess I keep thinking that they have this gift where they can just look at the hair and see that it's at the texture that I want........well hell.....I can do what she did to my own hair!!!

So, the question:

I plan to just do the relaxer myself again. Should I use a mild again like she used and I used back over the summer and just leave it in longer? Or should I switch to a regular....and run the risk of getting it too straight?

Help!

(Note: This is my second time going natural. So when I put on a mld relaxer on my virgin hair last summer, it was my "first set" of natural hair.)

LEOLADYSW

I may be wrong, but I would wait awhile, and do a good protein treatment before attempting to re-relax your hair. I would do a strand test first to make sure you have the correct timing down before I would do the re-touch.

Lastly, I would stick with either lye or no-lye, rather than switching back and forth. JMO.