Help, My Hair Was Pulled Out From Braids!

TajBabii711

Ladies,

I have two bald patches on either side of my hair from faux locs I had this summer. I got my hair relaxed in late December and my stylist had to shave down my sides to blend it in, but it still shows. These patches still aren't growing back even though I've been being nice to my hair. What do I do?

LostInAdream

Ladies,

I have two bald patches on either side of my hair from faux locs I had this summer. I got my hair relaxed in late December and my stylist had to shave down my sides to blend it in, but it still shows. These patches still aren't growing back even though I've been being nice to my hair. What do I do?
Oh no! You can massage the area 2x a day with castor oil and rosemary essential oil.

felic1

Yes it does. You can fill a plastic applicator bottle with castor oil and add the essential
Oil drops I typically do 15 drops per 8 ounces.
Ladies,

@LostInAdream I have had a similar experience. The advice of TajBabii711 sounded good and I will take in under consideration.

Here is my experience. I had those Senegalese twists. I had them installed twice. I had a triangular patch right in the front which was ripped out after my second install. This was in 2011. I gave up hope of my bald spot filling in. This year I decided to fight back and reclaim my edges. I created a multi oil mix in my 4 ounce empty liquid gold bottle. This was vitamin e, jojoba, grapeseed, olive,apricot,peach almond and amla brahmi. I used about a capfull of each. I added a half teaspoonful of sulfur powder to this and shook it up well. I would moisturize my hair with a glycerine spray, then apply my sulfur oil mix to the scalp. On top of that I would rub in some Jamaican black castor oil. On top of this I would apply some Alikay Naturals hair and scalp balm with has rosemary oil as a first ingredient to seal. My edges have been filling in but not as much as I want in that triangle area. I am doing these applications daily, nightly and twice a day if I remember. I want to restore my hair edges. I am really self conscious about it. I am encouraged to keep it up as long as necessary. I have some extra spray and another bottle of Jamaican Black Castor oil as a back up. There is a lot of information regarding edge restoration on LHCF as well as YouTube. There was a video about a lady named Mama Dukes with edge problems. Best wishes to you and your restored edges. Don't forget to cover your edges with a silk or satin scarf and the rest with a bonnet or use a silk or satin pillowcase. Fight for your edges!:boxing:

msbettyboop

Ladies,

If you're still trying to grow out your bald spots, here's what I did when I had bald patches caused by braids pulling my edges out. It takes time but your edges will grow back - https://www.naturaloilsforhair.net/2013/08/regrow-bald-spots-with-jamaican-black-castor-oil.html.

meka72

I would definitely give dermarolling a try. I have CCCA and swear by it.
Would you mind sharing your regimen (which size needle you use or would recommend, what products you apply before and after dermarolling, any other tips you’re willing to share). I JUST decided to try this for CCCA/similar scalp disorder.

Thanks in advance!

Z-kitty

Would you mind sharing your regimen (which size needle you use or would recommend, what products you apply before and after dermarolling, any other tips you’re willing to share). I JUST decided to try this for CCCA/similar scalp disorder.

Thanks in advance!
I initially used a derma that was smaller then moved up to a .3 in January 2019. (Can’t remember my start). Prior to rolling my scalp I used an alcohol swab to clean the area. I also soaked the roller in alcohol before and after each use. I followed that up with Hyaluronic Acid. Then I rolled each section 5 times vertically and horizontally. I did this on Wednesday and Sunday. I also used Rogaine but wasn’t consistent on the other days each week. Last December I upgraded to a Dermapen and now use it twice a month following the same process and it’s much quicker. I saw tons of progress with just the dermarolling and Rogaine. I’m paranoid about being bald so this year I also added 3 rounds of steroid injections March -July, daily steroid foam and consistent Rogaine. Now even my thinest crown area has tons of growth and my part width is much improved.

Last edited:

meka72

@Z-kitty, thank you for providing such a detailed response. I like your idea of adding HA after using alcohol and will definitely incorporate that. I found a hair density serum that I might try. I have Rogaine but haven’t used it.

Thanks again for your response.

Z-kitty

@Z-kitty, thank you for providing such a detailed response. I like your idea of adding HA after using alcohol and will definitely incorporate that. I found a hair density serum that I might try. I have Rogaine but haven’t used it.

Thanks again for your response.
I really love the ordinary serum. I use it everyday and I think it really helped decrease shedding.