Help!My hair wont hold curls when i wrap

caramelma

What size curling iron do i need to use for shoulder lenght hair to hold when i wrap it 1inch or 1 1/4 inch? Currently i use flat irons but my hair always goes flat when i comb it down the next morning. Do i need to do tighter curls or what?

Last edited:

Nonie

I'm not sure I understand your question because I always thought wrapping gave a straight-ish style that frames your face and not curls. No?

ShiShiPooPoo

What size curling iron do i need to use for shoulder lenght hair to hold when i wrap it 1inch or 1 1/4 inch? Currently i use flat irons but my hair always goes flat when i comb it down the next morning. Do i need to do tighter curls or what?

Do a rollerwrap if you want more volume. My hair is always flat when I wrap it but if I do a rollerset first it comes out better.HTH.

Blessed_Angel

Do you mean curls at the ends or your entire head?

If you want the curls at the ends to hold better, you can spray a holding spray to the hair and then wrap. Try that.

tricie

Do a rollerwrap if you want more volume. My hair is always flat when I wrap it but if I do a rollerset first it comes out better. HTH.

ITA; sometimes mine will actually look better the day after I do it since some of the body will have loosened up a bit.