Help: protective styles, hate,feel like chopping !

coolsista-paris

Hello it's been long time since i haven't wrote on here.
This is my problem: i think my hair grows but the retention is poor ...

-Everytime i do twists: the ends get knots no matter what ive tried it will get some.

-so i did individual extension braids : It grows at the roots but when i take them down its like,no difference.(broke right?i guess so)

between may and september its just a tiny growth ! like "nothing has moved". and as the hair sticks out the braids maybe its that.

-Then i tried individual braiding my own hair: NEVER AGAIN! i had knots like hell! and i broke lots of hair! (maybe i should have done them bigger,but that won't do for work..)

- i have put a weave on since monday (first time since natural and second time in life): this thing is already itching like hell and i don't like myslef that much.... will it break my hair again??

-once i did crochets: it was nice but took time i had the wrong crochet + i dont know if its the best idea.

Im fed up and really feel like chopping everything ,feel like its not growing anymore...
its really getting on my system!

Do i have to cut again to make it grow??

ps:: im natural by the way...

do you think its a good idea to keep my natural hair straightened to avoid the knots? or this will again damage it like hell?

im looking for a solution as ive tried different things im totally out of ideas!!!

HELP PLEASE!! thanks and sorry for being long!

How often are you moisturizing your hair? And what are you moisturizing it with? Are you also covering with silk/satin scarf/bonnet or sleeping on a silk pillowcase.

I am currently wearing Kinky Twists and moisturizing the same as I did without them 2x a day and then sealing the ends by running oil down the braids if needed. I moisture before going to bed and cover with a bonnet.

hello faithva : thank you for answering,i couldn't find my thread thats why i took long to answer.
I moisturize with s curl no drip (works very well for me) and i seal with an oil. When i wear braidq i cover my hair at night but uts not satin. Do you think this can tear my hair?? just because its not satin/silk even when i am protecting it with a scarf??
I also run down on the braids.

How often are you moisturizing? If you feel like it is breaking, make sure you moisturize and seal your ends at least every other night with something heavy. Not sure what texture your hair is but you may want to seal your ends with castor oil or some type of butter. And if you are having moisture problems you may want to switch to a silk/satin scarf to prevent the scarf from robbing your hair of needed moisture.

Hopefully one of the more experience members will chime in.

What is your weekly regimen prepoo/shampoo/etc while in protective styles?

How is the weave going? Are you still wearing it.

Back