Help!! Puerto Rican, Cuban Or Dominican Salons Or Barbers In Pittsburgh Area

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Anybody know of any??? We've tried to find it...even our PR friends have trouble finding one. I'll settle for a Venezuelan or Mexican barber if I can find one. We probably should go up to Erie with the PR community up there. But I don't find any even with the Latino page. Damn!

All curls can't be treated the same and you don't pick out 3a-b curls when you want to wear it curly, which forms naturally. Barber picked out his dry curls and made him a Michael Jackson shaped fro without the large taper in the back and charged him full price. It's not even an evened out cut. Kid was growing his hair out and it was shoulder-length. His top goes flat anyway so how you pick it out and it's nearly straight in the crown, flopping down in his face. This is a similar pic (A) he showed the barber (Black barber, btw) and explained what he wanted and he got (B). Kid's hair is exactly like this young man's hair. I'm seeing red. Besides, his friend just now told him that the particular barber in the shop gets lots of complaints. How can we remedy this? I don't want to go back there but I want him to get the proper cut.

Exhibit A

upload_2017-8-25_18-29-27.png

Love Michael, love his fro, but this is the "cut" the man gave him and picked out his hair to try and look like this, hiding the microscopic fade he did. WHET???!!!!
(B)

THESE SHAPES ARE NOTHING ALIKE. He did a mini, teeny-tiny fade in the front forehead edge and on the sides with a 2 inch tiny fade in the back, leaving flop all around that covers the itty-bitty fade. :angry2: I'm about to fade this _____ myself!@ We barber Black businesses and this is like the sixth one...none of them know how to cut,trim, style this hair for some strange reason here.

Last edited:

kanozas

Well , this child has over-grown his front fade now lol. And there are now visible cuts on his face that crusted over. Can you get a refund days later from a very bad haircut? And I did some more googling for Latino stylists up here and a Steeler football player had sent a similar message haha. I guess thassa big no for the Burgh. Smh.

MilkChocolateOne

I have a cousin in Erie that goes to Bella Vista. She said it's a salon and barber shop. The owners and stylists are Latino and Afro Latino. The phone number is 814-825-8982.

kanozas

UPDATE: We just got it corrected at the same barbershop by another stylist. He is fantastic! And he's the White guy. The Black guy cut three heads...all looked very good. He can't cut Black hair and his own hair is 4c, he's kinda hood...so he ain't grown up around an all-white suburb :confused: He can't cut Black hair, esp. big curls Black hair.

Anyhoo, I was hesitant because I heard after-the-fact that this bad barber gets lots of complaints. I guess the majority are coming from other Black clients. I know of three so far. And since I didn't want to add to any job insecurity, I said nothing and looked elsewhere. My son took it upon himself to call the salon owner and she set us up with G. with no charge to correct the cut. As soon as we got there, the bad barber, C., said, "Oh, you want a little more off?" Excuse me? He showed you the pic, man...smh. All done and all is well, thank goodness! We'll still patronize them but with barber G. That lil White boy cuts like a Puertorican! Haha. He knows the stuff.

larry3344

UPDATE: We just got it corrected at the same barbershop by another stylist. He is fantastic! And he's the White guy. The Black guy cut three heads...all looked very good. He can't cut Black hair and his own hair is 4c, he's kinda hood...so he ain't grown up around an all-white suburb :confused: He can't cut Black hair, esp. big curls Black hair.

Anyhoo, I was hesitant because I heard after-the-fact that this bad barber gets lots of complaints. I guess the majority are coming from other Black clients. I know of three so far. And since I didn't want to add to any job insecurity, I said nothing and looked elsewhere. My son took it upon himself to call the salon owner and she set us up with G. with no charge to correct the cut. As soon as we got there, the bad barber, C., said, "Oh, you want a little more off?" Excuse me? He showed you the pic, man...smh. All done and all is well, thank goodness! We'll still patronize them but with barber G. That lil White boy cuts like a Puertorican! Haha. He knows the stuff.

glad it ended well. For shame...to Black Barber. How are you Black and can't cut/shape Afro/curly textured hair or attempt to learn? Oh well Barber G will be getting the business that the black Barber should have been getting.