HELP with a bald spot???????

Baby Girl

I have tried BT, MTG, visited the dermatologist and nothing seems to help. I also take vitamins, GRO AUT PRODUCTS. I eat healthy and I exercise. I have thin edges with a big bald spot. Please give me some suggestions. It seems like my hair is thinning everyday. When I go to the salon she tells me my hair is improving but I know it is a lie. My regime includes:

shampoo - pantene relxed and natural
conditioner - dudley hair rebuilder
leave in treatment - motions CPR
moisturizer - masteek hair growth oil

I do this every week but nothing seems to help. Please help me!

How do you wear your hair on a daily bases?

How long have you used the growth aides to see if they work?

Try MN, some ladies had great results.

Baby Girl

I wear my hair pinned up in a satin covered claw clip. I have tried the products for months and no growth. I have had this issue for over a year now. MN was the last product I tried and no help.

JustKiya

You have to figure out why you are balding in that one area before you'll be able to pin down the perfect solution - what did the dermatologist tell you? Do you have PCOS? Do you have any thyroid issues? Do you have dandruff?

Baby Girl

The dermatologist said that the glue damaged my hair and cornrows weakend my hair in that area. I have baby fien hair but it is so minute in that hair until you might as well say it is not there. He advised me to massage that area which I have been doing. The oils are just so heavy for my hair.

Twisties

Did your dermatologist offer to give you "steroid shots" in that spot. I had them long ago and that jump started the area to grow again. After that I used an oinment called Diprolene to reduce scalp inflammation and it recovered completely.

Maybe try a different dermatologist.

Also, claw clips can cause breakage for some people if they are resting against the scalp in the same spot everyday.

I really hope you find a solution.

JustKiya

The dermatologist said that the glue damaged my hair and cornrows weakend my hair in that area. I have baby fien hair but it is so minute in that hair until you might as well say it is not there. He advised me to massage that area which I have been doing. The oils are just so heavy for my hair.

Ah, okay. Are you relaxed? Are you skipping that area when you relax? What kind of oils are you using? You don't need to use a lot to massage your scalp - just enough to let your fingers 'glide' over the area - a fingertip worth (just dip your finger in the oil) should be enough. Sounds like you'll just have to baby that area...

laurend

Did the derm doctor tell you to try rograine for women and I agree look for another dermatolgist. If you relax maybe you stop for for a while until your hair is stronger or stretch out the relaxer

Baby Girl

Did your dermatologist offer to give you "steroid shots" in that spot. I had them long ago and that jump started the area to grow again. After that I used an oinment called Diprolene to reduce scalp inflammation and it recovered completely.

Maybe try a different dermatologist.

Also, claw clips can cause breakage for some people if they are resting against the scalp in the same spot everyday.

I really hope you find a solution.

Maybe i should try a different dermatologist, but he did not offer to do any steroid shots or prescribe any prescriptions. he just mentioned over the counter greases and pomades. However, I am going to look up that product. Thanks!

laurend

Just another thing I just remembered. My girlfriend has hair like yours and she was balding on the top of head and she stopped relaxing and that helped quite a bit.

Baby Girl

Ah, okay. Are you relaxed? Are you skipping that area when you relax? What kind of oils are you using? You don't need to use a lot to massage your scalp - just enough to let your fingers 'glide' over the area - a fingertip worth (just dip your finger in the oil) should be enough. Sounds like you'll just have to baby that area...

I am relaxed and I have considered going natural. I am just afraid that when i go natural the bald spots will show even more. I am currently using mysteek growth oil on that area as well as my temples. Do you know of a better oil that i should be using?

Baby Girl

Did the derm doctor tell you to try rograine for women and I agree look for another dermatolgist. If you relax maybe you stop for for a while until your hair is stronger or stretch out the relaxer

I elax now only 3 months so i thought I was stretching. My derm told me that he does not advise anyone to use the rogaine because it is not that effective.

laurend

Another thing you can consider is doing the wig challenge so you can grow out the relaxer and still look good at the same time - just a thought.

Baby Girl

Another thing you can consider is doing the wig challenge so you can grow out the relaxer and still look good at the same time - just a thought.

And that is a good thought. What it clog my pores if I put grease on my scalp underneath the wig?