Henna Damage!?

Misseyl

I mix my henna with green tea to release the dye. Prior, I would use lemon juice but after reading how harsh it can be, I decided on green tea. One of the most important steps after applying Henna is to rinse it out throughly, the second step is to apply a deep condition to your hair perferable with steam or for 25/30 minutes with your hair wrapped with a warm towel. I don't henna much but starting this year, (2015) I intend to apply henna every 16 weeks, which is three times per year.

Last edited:

BeautyBlvd

Beauty Blvd.
I think the damage is due to dry hair. Henna dried my hair something serious. I had to deep condition overnight to get back to normal.

ajargon02

Henna breakage may result from A. Overuse B. Neglecting to DC after a henna treatment.

Henna is not meant to be used weekly, or even monthly for most hairtypes. I use henna every 6-8 weeks I aim to henna 4 times yearly...but I love the process!

DCing with ultra moisturizing products immediately after a henna session is necessary. Henna acts like a heavy protein treatment for some heads of hair.

Also check your henna mix...drying additions like lemon juice or ACV are not always necessary.

HTH

Ita but would add, you can add eo like tea tree or lavender as your terp instead of lemon juice or any other acidic liquid.
For more help you can checkout the henna for hair site

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I dont add any acids anymore. The eye releases naturally even with just water if you let the paste sit for a cpl hours.

Only time my hair dried out was when I used acids. No probs since and its been two-ish years.