Henna/ regular semi-permamnent color

strenght81

I plan on buying henna tomorrow and appy it on thursday. The problem is I want to add a jet black rinse in my hair afterwards. It's going to take about a week before I recieve the indigo. My question is, is it safe if I use BAQ henna w/ lets say jazzing semi permamnent color?

darkempress

FROM WHAT I'VE READ ITS SAFE TO DO A HENNA TREATMENT AND THEN PUT A RINSE IN AFTERWARDS. BUT I SEE THAT YOU SAID YOU ORDERED INDIGO, SO ARE YOU PLANNING TO GET A BLACK RINSE? ONCE YOU DO THE INIDIGO TREATMENT YOUR HAIR WILL GET DARK, SO YOU PROBABLY WONT EVEN NEED TO DO A BLACK RINSE, IF THATS WHAT YOUR PLANNING TO DO.

HoneyDew

I did that aboiut a weekafter one of my Henna treatments. I used Beautiful Collection (same company that makes Jazzings) in black. It covered the reddish color vey well, but it took away (covered up) the henna shine that I had been enjoying. I decided to only use Indigo in the future because of this.

It was not until the semi-perm faded that I started getting my shine back.

That was my only complaint. Other than that everything was great. I think Beautiful Collection and Jazzings are good for covering the reddish henna tones.

strenght81

Thanks for the replies ladies. I took both suggestions into consideration and decided it is wise to wait one week until the indigo arrives. I want the shine.:)