Henna users I need your help

asiaticdiva

I have done 3 applications of henna over the past two months. While I love it so far, i am in desperate need of a better deep conditioner. Currently I use ORS deep conditioner. I slept in it last week and my hair still felt dry when I woke up.:wallbash: I plan to do another application tomorrow and I need your help because I need to add moisture back to my hair.

I would probably take out the tea, this could be what's drying you. I usually mix Henna, water, & a few tablespoons of oil & cond. for easier rinsing & moister hair. Why were you adding the tea?

I agree with Flowinlocks, when I added the tea to my mixture, my hair was a little dryer than when I had not done so.

My mix is henna, water and some conditioner. I then deep condition with Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Mask which is very moisturizing.

I use either Elucence MB conditioner, Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose, Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioning treatment or Pantene's breakage Defense Mask.

I usually mix two. As we speak I just rinsed and I have Elucence, Jessicurl and Pantene oon my head. The Pantene is VERY moisturizing and could ;be used alone but I didnt have enougbh and didn't want to open the new one yet.

Chamomile Tea is not drying I use it all the time. You need a better moisturizing deep conditioner. Try using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose with Olive Oil and Honey. It always works for me.

It sounds like you should put more moisture into your henna mix. I put some shikakai powder, about 1/4 cup of some type of oil (I used bhrami the last time and it was awesome) and good healthy squirt of conditioner (I used humectress). My hair came out better than any previous henna application when I used these things. I deep conditioned overnight with ORS and my hair was mighty fabulous....I deep conditioned again a couple of days later. HTH!!

ORS is a light protein based conditioner. You may need something more moisturizing like KeraCare Humecto or Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner (my staple).

It sounds like you should put more moisture into your henna mix. I put some shikakai powder, about 1/4 cup of some type of oil (I used bhrami the last time and it was awesome) and good healthy squirt of conditioner (I used humectress). My hair came out better than any previous henna application when I used these things. I deep conditioned overnight with ORS and my hair was mighty fabulous....I deep conditioned again a couple of days later. HTH!!

Thanks for the suggestion. I always wondering about applying oil to my henna. As I thought it would weaken it. I next time I henna I'll try to add Alma and Vatika oil and will report back how that came out.

I agree with Flowinlocks, when I added the tea to my mixture, my hair was a little dryer than when I had not done so.

My mix is henna, water and some conditioner. I then deep condition with Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Mask which is very moisturizing.

Maybe I'll pick this up the next time I'm out.

Chamomile Tea is not drying I use it all the time. You need a better moisturizing deep conditioner. Try using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose with Olive Oil and Honey. It always works for me.

I've also been meanign to try HSR but haven't made it to Whole Foods in a while. Is that they only place where they sell it?

You want to add as much moisture as you can when doing henna treatments....

Going as far as adding oils and condish to your henna will be helpful to you.

Back