HennaSooq Vs. Mehandi Henna

s_terry

Ladies, I often use Henna, particularly after my relaxers. I started as texlaxer, but am noting the longer my hair gets the straighter I am getting, even when protecting my previously relaxed hair.

I normally purchase from Mehandi using the "for african hair" henna. I like this one, because it does not turn my hair too burgundy. I like the reddish-brown I get from this product. I have noted that HennaSooq has lower prices on her henna.

I wish I hadn't thrown out my Mehandi boxes so I can compare the two brands they both sell.

Is any of the HennaSooq henna's the exact same as the Mehandi for African hair? I could swear that the Mehandi brand is in the silver foil and has the "finest Jamila....2009 or something. Can someone confirm.

I don't want to risk my progress, but am also willing to spend my dollars where they make sense!

I'm kind of interested in HennaSooq's cocoveda oil, as well as Body velvet body bars. The bars appear boss in terms of ingredients, and healthy skin oils and butters. Can anyone provide any reviews or confirm whether the Henna powders they sell are the same?

I was also interested in the Karshima, but I don't want burgundy hair, and am afraid to mess up a good thing by doing too much experimenting. The softness sounds sooo tempting, but I'm not sure what all those extra herbs will do to my hair. Trying to control the PJ Beast!!!!

DesignerCurls

I have never ordered from Mehandi site before so maybe other ladies will chime in.

But I frequently order from Henna Sooq. Their customer service is great. Their blog and website provides alot of information about the different types of hennas they sell and how they work with your hair. Here is some recent info
http://hennablogspot.com/our-latest-publications-must-read/

I use the cocoveda oil for scalp massages...it smells herbal but intoxicating (in a good way)! :spinning:

Hope that helped a little...HHG!

eta: you might want to also ask your question over in the LHCF henna thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=335111

Last edited:

Aggie

I've had both but I don't use any of them anymore. I only use the cheapy ones like Karishma and Nupur or sometimes Jamila. I don't thing any of them are better than the other, it just depends on what your hair likes most.

I realize after trying so many hennas, it's best I stick with the mentioned henna brands since my hair responds the same way with them all plus the ones I mentioned much are cheaper for me. My hair is happy with them either way.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I've had both but I don't use any of them anymore. I only use the cheapy ones like Karishma and Nupur or sometimes Jamila. I don't thing any of them are better than the other, it just depends on what your hair likes most.

I realize after trying so many hennas, it's best I stick with the mentioned henna brands since my hair responds the same way with them all plus the ones I mentioned much are cheaper for me. My hair is happy with them either way.

:yep::yep::yep:

I used to spend a lot on the pricer hennas and honestly my hair responds the same. I will say out of the cheaper indian brands I enjoyed Jamila the best it has a really fine sift so the paste is very smooth. But the others are nice too theyre not gritty at all. The rinse out is pretty much same for all the brands I've tried.