Herbal Essence cowashers: What is your most favorite HE conditioner?

Which is your most favorite Herbal Essence Conditioner?

• Hello Hydration (HE HH)

Votes: 65 59.1%
  • Totally Twisted (HE TT)

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Hydralicious (HE H)

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Long Term Relationship (HE LTR)

Votes: 22 20.0%
  • None of Your Frizzness (HE NOYF)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Body Envy (HE BE)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color Me Happy (HE CMH)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Tousle Me Softly (HE TMS)

• Touchably Smooth (HE TS)

• Drama Clean (HE DC)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diva_Esq

I have a few, but which 1 is your ultimate fave? Also, answer these questions, please:

1. How often do you cowash?
2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd?
3. What other HE conditioners do you use?
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones?
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in?
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner?

Thanks in advance! I'm an HE lover and several of the conditioners are my staples cowashing conditioners! :grin:

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

I have a few, but which 1 is your ultimate fave? Long Term Relationship now, due to formula changes with HE NOYF! :(
1. How often do you cowash? Almost daily...occasional 2nd day hair.
2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? natural *11 months post BC*
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? Totally Twisted. Want to try Hydralicious. My transitioning hair liked Hello Hydration, but my natch hair doesn't. None of Your Frizzness changed formulas and it isn't as great anymore. :ohwell:
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? Occasionally with Tresemme or Garnier Fructis in the past, but now, just LTR and TT together at times.
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? No, just cowashing.
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? Yes, NOYF is not as good as it used to be...less slip, less softening, less frizz control! LEAVE STUFF ALONE, HE!! :nono:

DirtyJerzeyGirly

Ladies with natural thick hair do any of you used Totally Twisted condish? I use it and it's pretty good. They have so many poos and condish for moisture just wanna see if there one is better than that.

Victoria44

I use HE HH

1. How often do you cowash? twice a week2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? natural3. What other HE conditioners do you use? HE totally twisted4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? Used to combine with Garnis Fructis but i stopped after i ran out, didn't like it much5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? nopee6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? I probably wouldn't notice a formula change unless it made my hair feel super amazing, and none of them do..

InchHighPrivateEye

I love Herbal Essence! Other than Organix, it's my favorite cheapie conditioner.

1. How often do you cowash? usually about twice a week

2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? relaxed

3. What other HE conditioners do you use? I use Break's Over (R.I. P. :( ) when I can find it and Long Term Relationship

4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? I may prepoo with a different conditioner and then use HE when I wash or cowash with HE and use a different leavein, but not usually.

5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? I use the regular Long Term Relationship as a leavein. I always feel skeptical about it, like one day it's going to wreak havoc on my hair and make it too soft and snap off or something, but I love the way it makes my hair feel and smell and so far, so good :look:

6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? Naw!

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I have a few, but which 1 is your ultimate fave? Also, answer these questions, please:

1. How often do you cowash? IN THE SUMMER EVERY 3 DAYS
2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? NATURAL
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? WHEN I WAS TEXLAED I USED THE HELLO HYDRATION, NOW I DON'T USE ANY DUE TO THE CONES.
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? NOT WHEN I USED IT
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? NOPE
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? TOO MANY CONES AND PROTEIN FOR MY LIKING

Thanks in advance! I'm an HE lover and several of the conditioners are my staples cowashing conditioners!

MY ANSWERS IN BOLD

EagleEyes85

1. How often do you cowash? Every other day

2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd?Transitioning

3. What other HE conditioners do you use?HE LTR, HE H, used to use HE HH, but my hair stopped likking it. :ohwell:

Not really, but recently I've tried combining HE LTR and Aussie Moist. So far so good.

5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? No but I use HE LTR leave-in conditioner. My hair is not at the point of using conditioner as leave in yet.

6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? Yeah I knew there was something different about HE HH. It's just not the same to me. :nono:

Thank you Goingnatural for introducing me to Herbal Essence :rosebud:

Amoreofcurls

on my summer regimen, every 3 days
2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? 100% natural
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? HE HH, and Color me happy, basically the ones thaat contain satin,pearl,and silk.
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? Nope never tried that
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? LTR condish is the bomb as a leave-in , and I love the actual leave in as well
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? Nope

Prudent1

Which 1 is your ultimate fave?HE HH

1. How often do you cowash? Prob 2 to 3 times weekly. It depends on how my hair feels or how often I change my hair style.

2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? transitioning

3. What other HE conditioners do you use? None. Very likely will try HH LTR in the near future though.

4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? No

5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? Yes

6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? No

AlliCat

I like Color Me Happy for the smell :grin:

1. How often do you cowash? Once a week or so
2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? Relaxed
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? Long term relationship is ok
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? Nope no mixology here
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? No I think they are too heavy for my hair...the most I would do is not completely rinse it all out. But adding straight onditioner as a leave in will leave me with buildup bc of cones:nono:
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? I really wish they brought back the original Herbal Essences Replenishing Conditioner. Now it goes by 'Color me Happy' but it's not the same.

mEmYSELFaNDj

Best HE conditioner by far is Hello Hydration

1. How often do you cowash? Now 2-3x/wk
2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? natural
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? hello hydration, Totally twisted, long term relationship
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? No
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? I use Long term relaiontionship leave in
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? Um not that i've noticed

Iluvsmuhgrass

1. How often do you cowash? Varies 1-2x a week in the winter, 1-3x a week in the summer
2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? natural
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? HELTR & HECMH
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? No
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? Yes. I make a mixture of water/rosewater (depends on what I have on hand), glycerin, oils, and conditioner to use as my main leave-in but I also have the actual HELTR leave in.
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? No, but I stocked up so I haven't tried any of the newer ones. I really didn't like totally twisted, that caused my hair to break but my nieces 3a/b hair loved it. :look:

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation

1. How often do you cowash? once a week
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? tried LTR and didn't like it (hate it! hair felt dry and broke/shed more); haven't tried any others
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? Aussie Moist or Suave Humectant (I usually cowash with any combination of 2 of these 3)
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? No
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? No

Thanks in advance! I'm an HE lover and several of the conditioners are my staples cowashing conditioners! :grin:

I voted Hello Hydration as my fave. Answers in red.

My fave is HE HH

1. How often do you cowash? once a week (Fall/Winter); 2-3 times a week (Spring/Summer)
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? Totally Twisted
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? No
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? I use HE LTR leave-in
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? no

Iamhim

I really like HEHH - but I haven't tried any of the others

1. How often do you cowash? 1x week
2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? Natural
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? None
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? Nope
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? YES! all the time....
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? Nope

Curly CoCo

1. How often do you cowash?When Im not in weave then about 2-3 times a week.
2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd? I am transitioning.
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? HE LTR sometimes, and HE hydralicious (this is the best for my hair, it leaves it soft but my hair hated HE HH.lol)
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? If so, which ones? I combine HE Hydralicious with v05 strawberries and cream and sometimes I dont combine.
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? no
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? I haven't noticed, I still love my hydralicious)

cutiebe2

I don't really cowash that much but I do love Totally Twisted. I think a lot of people sleep on it. And I honestly found it equal if not better than HH

kellistarr

1. My favorite is Hello Hydration. 1b. I've been 100% natural for about 8 years now.

2. I do not co-wash.

3. Hello Hydration is the only one; I'd like to try the TT since someone stated that it was quite thick for her. For me, the thicker the better.

4. I do not cimbine conditions as in mixing this with that. But, if I'm using HH as my conditioner/detangler, then I use another product as my rinse or combing conditioner.

5. I do use HH as a combing/leave-in conditioner.

6. No. I've noticed no formula changes.

Last edited:

Carisa

Hydralicious (HE H) is my favs so far

1. How often do you cowash? about 2x a week
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? HE H and LTR
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? Yes
If so, which ones? V05, mane n tail,
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? No
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? No, not so far

By tha way I love the names on these products.....especially None of Your Frizzness :yep:

Last edited:

CB1731

My hair LOVES HE LTR. I've never had a conditioner make my hair feel as good as this does.

1. How often do you cowash? Lately it's been about once a week
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? none
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? no
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? I have but I usually just use the actual LTR leave-in
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? no

makeupgirl

fall/winter 2x week....spring/summer daily or every other day

2. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed, transitioning or loc'd?

natural

3. What other HE conditioners do you use?

none

no but I do switch up conditioners

5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in?

no...I fell in love with kinky/curly leave-in

6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner?

not really, it gets the job done

Diva_Esq

1. My favorite is Hello Hydration. 1b. I've been 100% natural for about 8 years now.

2. I do not co-wash.

3. Hello Hydration is the only one; I'd like to try the TT since someone stated that it was quite thick for her. For me, the thicker the better.

4. I do not cimbine conditions as in mixing this with that. But, if I'm using HH as my conditioner/detangler, then I use another product as my rinse or combing conditioner.

5. I do use HH as a combing/leave-in conditioner.

6. No. I've noticed no formula changes.

To me, Hydralicious (which I tried for the 1st time this morning and fell in LOVE with it) is the thickest, then LTR and TT are tied. I will be rotating Hydralicious into my mix!!

sunnieb

Long Term Relationship is my favorite! :love2:

1. How often do you cowash? 2-3x a week
3. What other HE conditioners do you use? Hydrolicious Reconditioning Conditioner, Hello Hydration (rarely)
4. Do you combine HE conditioners with other conditioners? nope
5. Do you use HE conditioners as a leave-in? Heyal to the naw! Tried it once and lost almost an inch of hair! :sad:
6. Have you noticed any formula changes recently that has caused you to stop using any HE conditioner? nope

Curly CoCo

To me, Hydralicious (which I tried for the 1st time this morning and fell in LOVE with it) is the thickest, then LTR and TT are tied. I will be rotating Hydralicious into my mix!!

Yeah, it was the best one for my hair and it smells delicious. It was a thousand times better than Hello Hydration. Im glad that I found that out by using my mom's Hello Hydration instead of hoping on the bandwagon and buying it. Im like where's the hydration? lol But hydralicious is one of my staples.

Jewell

Of the new formulations and HE packaging, I've only used HE LTR, so that would be my fave. However, I want to try HE HH. I still think the old school HE Replenishing conditioner (pink bottle with flat green cap), and the HE conditioner in the beige/yellowish bottle were the best on my hair--and had a heavenly smell, as usual. I still have a tiny bit of HE Replenishing cond. (jojoba oil, rose hips). Wish I could find the one in the beige bottle...