Herbal Hair Rinse Help Needed

I’ve finally decided to incorporate herbal hair rinses in my weekly routine. After researching the herbs online, I finally purchased the following herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs: horsetail, nettle, rosemary, marshmallow root and fennel seed. However, I made a mistake and ordered the powder version of all the herbs except rosemary.:wallbash: Can I still make the rinse with the powders or should I re-purchase the leaves? Also, is there anyone out there with high blood pressure using horsetail? If so, have you noticed any problems with using it?

TIA :grin:

Eisani

The powders are fine, just be sure to sift really well. I haven't noticed any problems w/the horsetail and my BP. I would be more concerned about the rosemary than the horsetail. Rosemary is not recommended for pregnant women or people w/HBP.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Powders are fine. I use ayervedic powders-to make my teas I put the powders in a coffee filter, and tied it off with a long piece of string (kinda making a bootleg tea bag). Then dropped the "bag" in an jar, poured boiling water and let it steep. I left mine overnight- and used the "tea bag" to make another batch so I can have some in the freezer and ready to go. I did not have to strain or anything cuz the filter keeps it all in.

Urban

I think the powders will be just fine. If they are as fine as ayurvedic powders, I don't think you'll have problems getting it out of you hair.

Chameleonchick

Can these herbs be used as a final rinse or should I rinse them out?

It depends, if you do the tea bag concept you could probably use it as a final rinse, otherwise definitely rinse it out. Personally I would still do a rinse with water afterwards either way.