Here is a list of black own hair companies?

Blue_Berry

I found this person youtube and they list mostly all the the black own hair companies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8r8TQcbkYw&annotation_id=annotation_316837&feature=iv

For people who can't view the list here it is:
Adiva
Afrikan Republic
Afroveda
Anita Grant Asha's
Beauty4Ashes Beauty
Bee Mine
Black Earth
Blended Beauty
Carol's Daughter
Cornrows & Co
Created by Nature
Curl Junkie, Curls
Darcy's Botanicals
Hairveda HPO
Hydratherma Naturals
Indigofera
Inky Loves Nature
Kalawentz
Karen's Body Beautiful
Kinky Curly
Komaza Care
Kynk Naturals
La Boutique Organics
LaVida Given by Nature
Long Lovely Locks
Miss Jessies
Mixed Chicks
My Honey Child
Nubian Kinks
Ohm Body
Organikah
Oyin Handmade
Qhemet Biologics
The Hairoine
Treasured Locks
Uncle Funky's Daughter

xcuzememiss

It's sooo important that we acknowledge and support black hair care bus. I know there has to be more out there

Geminigirl

This is great. I have been thinking lately about how much I dislike going into Asian beauty supply stores. It uncomfortable, they are rude, they don't hide it, and they know nothing about my hair or how to care for it, they just try to direct me to the nearest relaxer or weave. Plus their English is horrible. I decided I am going start going to the black owned BSS as I have a few that I know of in the area. So this list is great. I really do want to try some KBB products.

What about the lady that sells the Afro detangler stuff? Or does she not count?

Blue_Berry

This is great. I have been thinking lately about how much I dislike going into Asian beauty supply stores. It uncomfortable, they are rude, they don't hide it, and they know nothing about my hair or how to care for it, they just try to direct me to the nearest relaxer or weave. Plus their English is horrible. I decided I am going start going to the black owned BSS as I have a few that I know of in the area. So this list is great. I really do want to try some KBB products.

I hate BSS run by Asian people too. Thank goodness some parts were I leave have black own BSS stores. Most of them are run by African people. They're very nice to me and cheap as well.

I don't know, I will check in see if she is African or African American own business.

Fine 4s

Had no idea about Design Essentials...good to hear.
Let's not forget manufacturing cos. like Dudley!
This is a great thread.
Thanks!

Ann816

Ditto! Unless I am in dire need of a product right away, I order from Paynes at http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/ :yep:

DivaD04

i just want to come in and say thank you to all the ladies especially to blueberry who compiled this list--thread. although i'm a pj, i'm glad to say that i'm always willing to support AA hair companies. if they are willing to take the time to develope a product that fit the diverse needs of our hair, i'm willing to support that. so as my conrtribution, i'd like to add kizure. they do make hair products...i've never tried any of it but as part of the hair care, but they make really great tools that I use and own.

ETA:http://www.curls.biz/--one of my faves!

Last edited: