Hey Admins...Can We Get a Weave Forum Section??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamaicalovely

Just wondering.

Lately, there have been quite a few posts and questions related to weaves. It's kind of time consuming to filter through the "Hair Care Tips and Product Review Discussion" section for them.

Ladies can go there for questions on type of hair to buy, styling options, weave maintenance, recommended stylists, and etc.

We know we know...BHM has a pretty thorough weave section. The Weave Forum section here would be for those ladies who just prefer to stay on LHCF and have no interest to visit BHM.

Just a thought:ohwell:

Ladies, what do you think?

Mena

Just wondering.

Lately, there have been quite a few posts and questions related to weaves. It's kind of time consuming to filter through the "Hair Care Tips and Product Review Discussion" section for them.

Ladies can go there for questions on type of hair to buy, styling options, weave maintenance, recommended stylists, and etc.

We know we know...BHM has a pretty thorough weave section. The Weave Forum section here would be for those ladies who just prefer to stay on LHCF and have no interest to visit BHM.

make a group?

soulie

I'm relatively new, but does the procedure for setting up a new section include moving the existing threads to that section? That would be so good! Also, I would suggest that initially weaves and lacefronts be combined. They overlap so much and a frequently asked question is 'which one should i have'; it would be nice to find both sides in one place.

Platinum

Just wondering.

This is a great idea!:yep:

poookie

I think this would split up people unnecessarily, the same way a natural forum would. i think creating a group would be the best idea.

glamazon386

I think it's a good idea but if they won't give us a naturals section why would they give us weave? :ohwell: There's way more naturals on the board than weave wearers.

I do think maybe we should do a catch all thread for basic weave info or something because it seems like the same questions keep showing up as new posts. Maybe it'll die down now that the search is back working?

jamaicalovely

I think it's a good idea but if they won't give us a naturals section why would they give us weave? :ohwell: There's way more naturals on the board than weave wearers.

I do think maybe we should do a catch all thread for basic weave info or something because it seems like the same questions keep showing up as new posts. Maybe it'll die down now that the search is back working?

Did we ask for a natural section in the past?

jamaicalovely

I agree with this statement..

Ok, I'll start a group for now.http://www.longhaircareforum.com/group.php?groupid=199 But, I agree with a few ladies above that it will save many of us time if we need quick info. Majority of the ladies on LHCF don't keep weaves in all the time.

Thanks for the idea.

Oh, I just noticed that they moved this thread to the Suggestions Q&A.

So, ladies if you really want a weaves forum, blow up this thread. Maybe the admins will consider.

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
LHCF is one of the places where ladies can come and not be divided by natural or relaxed hair. So, don't hold your breath on there being a natural forum.

As for a weave forum, this is me (other mods may have differing thoughts) but this forum is about growing your own hair. It seems to me that a weave forum conflicts with that.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
LHCF is one of the places where ladies can come and not be divided by natural or relaxed hair. So, don't hold your breath on there being a natural forum.

As for a weave forum, this is me (other mods may have differing thoughts) but this forum is about growing your own hair. It seems to me that a weave forum conflicts with that.

I realize a lot of folx use weaves for protective styles, but I agree with you.

Duff

great point!

soulie

Excellent point.

Perhaps a sticky - all protective styling? That could encompass LF, Weave, braids...

Last edited:

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Social Groups sound like a great idea for now, maybe we can revisit it in the future, but I would like for us to all stay together in the hair forum :circle:

glamazon386

Supergirl makes a good point.

PoisedNPolished

I think weaves are a wonderful way to grow hair out and it would be nice to have sub catagories about weave/natural hair etc. BUT now that I hear other peoples opinions it makes sense to leave the board as is and just bookmark things that are near and dear to ME. Love you guys!!! GO LHCF!!!

*KP*

Weave board would be great, I don't think it would divide us...sometimes you wear weaves and sometimes you don't

And it's a great protective style to grow our hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.