Hey Ladies!!! Whats your favorite hair moisturizer & why?

IMFOCSD

I am def gonna have to say....S CURL!!! I loves this stuff...especially as a daily moisurizer underneath my wigs. It keeps my hair moist for days and gives me a cute "wet look" kinda style when I wear my hair down or in a ponytail.

So....whats yours?

Leesh

I too, Love my S-Curl! I switch it up, Yesterday I used my beloved, Shea Butter, EVOO, Rosemary Essential and Peppermint Essential, Whip. Sometimes, mainly in the warmer months, I use a Glycerin and Water Spritz, or Plain Ole' Castor Oil, which I Love!

Last edited:

bebezazueta

Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 for my buns and updos. I love how it leaves my hair moisturized and no breakage and no splits! For when I'm airdrying straight I use Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave in because my hair airdries straight, smooth and shiny! (I spelled out the moisturizers for those who dont know what HS14N1 and HE LTR means)

HHG!

Leesh

bebezazueta, First lemme ask, are you relaxed or natural? the reason I ask is because, I have a problem with reversion, even tho I'm relaxed, and I want to be able to air dry, "SRAIGHT", but it just never works, regardless to what I use first, is your hair naturally straight whereas, it does'nt matter what you use or the HE LTR Leave-In does the trick?

bebezazueta

Leesh. I am relaxed and my hair is not naturally straight at all. I do henna and I should have specified that this could attribute to airdrying straight since it strengthens and weighs the hair down a bit. My technique is I slather in the HE LTR leave in, comb into the style I want and then tye down with a satin scarf and I twist the ends in to a loose bun at the back until about 80% dry and then I let it down and comb and smooth every so often until it dries completely.

See attached, I was in the bathroom at work and was amazed on how it came out! But then it rained and I had to bun it up and switch to HS14n1! I'm trying this again today for church tomorrow.

Attachments

• airdried_straight.jpg
    airdried_straight.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 48

Alta Angel

My favorites are Kimmaytube Leave In substituting KCKT with Giovanni Direct Leave In and Taliah Wajiid Mist Bodifier. My hair has never felt better or retained this much moisture before.

Leesh

@bebezazueta, First let me say Thank You! Wow! That looks amazing, you mean to tell me you airdried that style in the pic, I wish! When you tie it back, what do you use to hold it? also, once its dry how do you get that bend, the wrap look, do you wrap it around once its completely dry? Forgive me for all the questions, Your hair looks fabulous! I would have to use heat to acquire that look!

IMFOCSD

O wow, I'm gonna have to try this product.

Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 for my buns and updos. I love how it leaves my hair moisturized and no breakage and no splits! For when I'm airdrying straight I use Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave in because my hair airdries straight, smooth and shiny! (I spelled out the moisturizers for those who dont know what HS14N1 and HE LTR means)

HHG!

bebezazueta

@bebezazueta, First let me say Thank You! Wow! That looks amazing, you mean to tell me you airdried that style in the pic, I wish! When you tie it back, what do you use to hold it? also, once its dry how do you get that bend, the wrap look, do you wrap it around once its completely dry? Forgive me for all the questions, Your hair looks fabulous! I would have to use heat to acquire that look!

Leesha, Thanks. I was at work so I had no products with me at all when it dried. I just pincurled it all under and stuck an ink pen in it. Of course it didn't stay in long but when I went to the bathroom to see how crazy I thought I looked to my surprise it was nice. yes Dry wrapping or pincurling when fully dried will have you with crazy swinging hair that smelled lovely. No blowdryer, no flatiron, no curling iron, just a good leave in, healthy hair to start and good old air. I tied it down with a satin scarf, nothing special. I may try the youtube thing and do a step by step tutorial but I am nervous. I'll let you know if I do.

HHG!

Nonie

S Curl because it moisturizes so well that I only need to use it on the day I wash my hair and it lasts until the next wash. My hair stays moisturized soft and cool w/o being icky sticky or gross to touch. It doesn't glue my strands together and washes off easily. I also don't have to worry about leaving grease marks on furniture. :giggle:

If I am out of S Curl, then Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 is my backup. It kinda works the same and has a better smell, but my true love is S Curl.

Chantelle09

Fantasia heat & hair protector. I can use it before I flat iron & after. Plus anything with coco butter in it, it smells great & works wonders at moisturizing.

Kimiche

The only moisturizers that seem to work for my hair are: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk and Shea Moisture Leave-In Conditioner (not one of the products from Target, the white bottle).

I put the Milk on first then the Leave-In since it's thick and then I seal with JBCO. I've tried a lot of moisturizers, but this is the only combination that has been keeping my hair moisturized lately. :yep:

Last edited:

LushLox

Darcy Botanicals Peach Kernel moisturiser. This keeps my hair lush and moisturised all day and into the evening. I love the fact that it's all natural too.

BoaterGirlKim

I just started using Yes To Cucumbers 2 days ago after a long affair with HS14. The cold weather has stopped HS14's effectiveness in its tracks for me, and my hair is dry as a bone with it now. I wet bun almost exclusively on soaking wet hair, and even the hair in the bun was getting dry by late afternoon! I believe my hair is finally rebelling against mineral oil because my staple DC, Motions Silk Protein, doesn't leave my hair feeling like it used to either and has mineral oil as its 2nd ingredient (yikes!). Anywhoo, so far so good with YTCucumbers. My relaxed strands have stayed super moist in the bun and my NG feels soft, not crunchy or like Brillo the way HS14 has been leaving it over the past 2 weeks or so. YTCucs has no mineral oil, cones or parabens either - lots of good oil extracts and it leaves my hair shiny. I switched my DC to AOHSR and am sitting in the plastic cap with it for the first time right now for overnight DC.

Last edited:
Right now I'm using Care Free Curl Gold, as it moisturises my hair very well :lick:. It's also good to mix with water in a spray bottle to use on my braids under my weave :yep:

lea86111

def qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream! It's really good and the only thing that really works so far (hs14n1 was good for summer and buns)

rririla

KBB creamylicious and sweet ambrosia are my favorites right now....my hair has NEVER been so ''juicy'' and moisturized....hands down....I love these products!!!!!

curlyninjagirl

A spritz made of 5 parts water and 1 part AO HSR is really gettin' it done!

I love it for lots of reasons: no parabens, no mineral oil, no wax, no 'cones, keeps my hair moisturized and soft for at least 2 days, and all it's all natural.

Last edited:

Vashti

1. Scurl
2. Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave-in as my heavier moisturizer

The Shea Moisture moisturizes my hair without leaving it greasy and heavy. Scurl leaves my hair soft and lightly moisturized. Love the stuff. Both work very well for my hair and are inexpensive.