Hi everyone. I'm a new member with a few questions

iris

Hi everyone. I\'m a new member with a few questions

I've been reviewing this forum for the past couple of days and finally decided to join. I have a question for Tracy or anyone who can tell me about cones? I noticed several of the favorite products to use have 'cones' in them. Such as the Fantasia ic line, and many of the hair polishers. If cones are not good for the hair, why are these products so highly recommended? What's so bad about dimethicone, trimethicone, and cylomethicone? I'm a lover of the fantasia line myself, and was just curious to know. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Iris

hairfanatic

Re: Hi everyone. I\'m a new member with a few questions

Hi Iris,

Welcome to the club! The thing I have noticed about cones for me is they built up on my hair overtime and created a gray looking cast over my hair.

Nyambura

surfer girl

Hi Iris, welcome! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Some people's hair likes 'cones and some don't. 'Cones definitely give my hair slip, which decreases breakage but I have to use 'cone products intermittently. Otherwise, I too get a build up on my hair that not only diminishes shine but seems impenetrable, because the products don't seem to be as effective after awhile.

HTH

iris

Thanks Nyambura and Hairfanatic for your replies. I was under the impression that they damaged the hair in some way. Thanks once again for your replies. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<font color="red">Iris</font color>

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> Hi Iris! I like the Fantasia ic line too. Every 6 months I get a pre clean treatment at my hairdresser. It gets rid of any build up thats on the hair......Honestly i'm not sure what's in the pre clean but it is sprayed on dry hair and then I sit under a heat cap for about half an hour. I'll ask my stylist more about what's in it and pass on the info when I get it.

iris

Thanks CaramelBarbie! I will definately be looking for that post. Thanks alot /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

<font color="red">Iris</font color>