Hi! Hola! Bonjour! Hallo! Ciao!

Porsche19

I'm a :newbie:

My name is Porsche and I'm 19... hence the name Porsche19.

So I'm really happy to join this site, because other ones are so slow to answer my questions, or not even answer at all. Then I look here one day and see that like every post has a lot of replies! :up: :yay: So I had to join...

I don't know where to begin, I have so many questions.

I guess I'll post my regimen, and you guys can tell me what's wrong with it, so I can fix it up. It's very detailed and long, I'm afraid... but everyone who responds is in my cool book from here on out.

Here we go!:

Shampoos
Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair
Kenra moisturizing shampoo
Suave Clarifying Shampoo
Motions with Oil Neutralizing Shampoo
Isoplus Neutralizing Shampoo

Moisturizing Conditioners
Elasta QP DPR-11
Cream of Nature Nourishing Conditioner
Parneavu Hair Mayo
Lustrasilk Aloe Cholesterol
Lustrasilk Carrot Oil Cholesterol
Porosity Control Conditioner
Elasta QP Intense Conditioner
Dark N Lovely Ultra Cholesterol
V05 Moisture Milks Conditioners

Protein Conditioners
Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum
Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor

Leave in Conditioners/Moisturizers
Motions Nourish Leave-in Conditioner
Infusium 23 Leave-in Conditioner
Surge hair Revitalizer Plus 14
Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Lotion

Gels/Styling Products
Worlds of Curls Curl Activator Gel
Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Gel (Hard to hold)

Oils
Hot Six Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Organics Carrot-Tea Tree oil

Miscellaneous
Distilled Water
Honey
Motions with Oil Relaxer (regular strength)
Motions with Oil Silk Protein Conditioner (used only with relaxer)
Elasta QP Silk Heat Protectant
Apple Cider Vinegar

Regular hair regimen

1) Wash hair every 3 days. Alternate conditioner washes with V05 Moisture Milks conditioner mixed with distilled water (half water, half conditioner) and gentle shampoo (elasta QP shampoo for Relaxed hair or Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo). I do a conditioner wash by first putting conditioner through my dry hair, then rinsing it out very well.

2) Before I use shampoo, I do a pre-shampoo treatment with the conditioner/water mix.

3) After every shampoo/conditioner wash, I deep condition with one of the moisturizing conditioners with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey mixed in for 30 minutes under my heating cap on medium heat.

3a) Every 14 days or so, I use Suave clarifying shampoo to clean my hair (no pre treatment), then deep condition with a mixture of Porosity control Conditioner and Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum or Aphogee 2-minute Reconstructor (I alternate every time between the two) for 15 minutes. Then I do my regular moisturizing deep conditioner and continue normally.

4) I rinse the deep conditioner out of my hair. If it was a conditioner wash, I do a weak apple cider vinegar rinse (2 pints of distilled water to 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar). I do an acv rinse by first getting 2 bowls. I put the rinse in one bowl, then put the other under me to catch the runoff. I pour the mixture in my hair and let it run into one of the bowls, then I take that bowl, put the empty bowl underneath and do it again. I do that 5 times.

5) I section my hair into 4 sections and apply leave in conditioner (Motions Nourish), oil (a mix of all 3 oils that I use), some creamy moisturizer (Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme or Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Lotion), a small amount of Surge (5 sprays for each section), and IC Gel.

6) I do a twist-out or roller set with magnetic rollers and clips and air dry overnight (almost always the twist-out). I put Surge on my scalp in between the parts of the sections for my twist-out or roller set.

To maintain the style I dampen my hair with diluted leave in conditioner and apply moisturizer, oil and gel (IC gel on the second day, Worlds of curls curl activator gel on the third day) and re-twist. If I wear a wet set, I skip using the gel altogether, but I dampen and re-roll every night.

If I’m going to flat iron/press my hair:

7) I do numbers 1-4 like I always do.

8) Instead of using Motions Nourish for a leave-in conditioner, I use Infusium 23. I use the oil, moisturizer and Surge, but I leave out the gel. I also add some heat protectant (Elasta QP Silk).

9) I blow-dry my hair semi straight (with a round brush).

10) I press/flat iron my hair section by section to make it silky straight.

11) I roll my hair up in magnetic rollers for volume and a little curl.

To maintain that style, I roll up my hair every night and apply a drop of oil to each section.

Before a Texturizer:

12) The wash before I‘m going to texturize my hair, I use Aphogee’s Reconstructor. I put conditioner and neutralizing shampoo on the previously texturized hair and begin... I apply the relaxer (motions with oil regular) to the new growth only, smooth it (the total time of application and smoothing is 13 minutes) and neutralize completely (I lather up with neutralizing shampoo and keep it in for 5 minutes-three times, the last lather is with a neutralizing shampoo woth a color indicator, to make sure that it's all neautralized)

13) I texturize my hair every 3 to 4 months.

Long and detailed, huh?

I posted this on another board, so if there happens to be anyonefrom there reading this... forgive me for making you read through that again. :)

Nenah

Hello and Welcome I 'm fairly new as well but the ladies will be in here in a moment. Enjoy :newbie:

TigerLily

Welcome! :wave:

Right now, the only thing I see is that I don't think you need to use the Porosity conditioner that often. Use it only as needed. I read somewhere that using often like that isn't good for your hair.

Porsche19

Thanks for pointing that out.

Now, you see? I asked this question before, about how often I should use it. Nobody said anything, I'm traumatized.

Fortunately, I just started using poriosity control so I haven't used it too much. Unfortunately, I still am unsure about how much I should use it. Fortuanately, I see that there are some nice long posts abou it here. :)

webby

Think Slim
Welcome Porsche :wave: It's great to have you here.

You have a very serious regimine there :) I cannot add anything to your post, because it seems that you have a good handle on your hair and its needs. You and I use different products; I'm a Nexxus/Sebastian junkie, but I also use products by Tigi and recently added KeraKare to my arsenal.

Lorraine

Porsche, I just wanted to say welcome and that I hope the information on here helps you reach your goal. Your regimen looks great but one of the things I learned is that you should follow a routine that works for you. :)

My advice would be to avoid styles (protective or otherwise) that involve a lot of manipulation (twisting, stretching, pulling), keep your ends moist and especially during these winter months try to keep them protected or in a bun.

Last edited:

dreemssold

Welcome Porsche :wave:! You didn't say what was going wrong with your hair, which makes it difficult to detect what could be wrong with your regimen. If your hair is thriving, then I think the regimen is fine. If there are problems with your hair, then one thing I see is the clarifying...if I clarified that often, my hair would be giving me drama. However, that could just be my hair :look: , that's why it's hard to say without knowing what the problem is.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Welcome Porsche! I have some of the same products! Here are the porducts I have from your list:
Suave Clarifying Shampoo (I have this but only used it twice)
Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum
Motions Nourish Leave-in Conditioner
Surge hair Revitalizer Plus 14
Hot Six Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
When I use to relax, I used to use Motions with Oil Neutralizing Shampoo.
Your regime sounds great! Can't wait to see pics of your hair! Glad you could be a part of the LHCF!:)

UmSumayyah

Yes, do tell us if you're having problems with your hair.
I have the Surge myself as do many others. I don't put it on the length of my hair but I do spray the scalp. If you start experiencing stiffness or dry, brittle hair try putting the Surge 14 only on your scalp for awhile and see what happens.

Welcome to LHCF. :wave:

Crystalicequeen123

WELCOME Porsche! It's great to have you on the boards. I hope you enjoy yourself. You seem really dedicated with your regimen! Keep up the good work.

lovelymissyoli

Welcome newbie! :wave: You know it's surprising to see that you have come to this board with a regimen already in progress, unlike myself who still hasn't found a such a detailed regimen! I wish you the best of luck on growing your hair long, healthy, and strong! :antlers: You'll learn a lot here.

Porsche19

Wow, 3 whole pages! That rocks! :band: :woot:

My hair... it has gone through a lot. I’ve lost hair from bad perms and had to trim off all of the hair that I grew in one year. All of my hair was damaged and I cut it off month by month... so it didn’t look like I accumulated any growth. :(

At least it was healthy after that. The next year (this year) I had a breakout of excema on my scalp and I lost a lot of hair. So that pretty much destroyed any progress that I was going to have. Before my hair even started growing back, my scalp had to heal first. It was a mess too, sore, painful and it even had pus in it. The back of my head was nearly bald, and the sides were very short, about .5 of an inch. :(

It has grown back a lot by now, now the sides are even with the rest of the hair in the front, and the back is just a tiny bit shorter than the rest of my hair. Now at least I know how to prevent that from happening again (the reason I clarify my hair 2x per month and I also don’t use certain products/types of headbands and clips).

My hair is at a weird growing out phase length, in the front it’s all one length, just above chin length (before my hair was heavily layered because of breakage and my hair falling out) and in the back there are 2 layers, the bottommost reaches the bottom of my neck and the top layer reaches down to about my nape. I’m also going to grow that out so I can have a blunt, all one length type of hair cut.

There is a good side, my hair is healthy and doesn’t break or shed much. Before, I didn’t think that my hair was very pretty, like people on hair board’s pictures, but since I saw my own hair in a picture, I guess it is. It’s just shorter. It grows at a decent rate, and with surge it grows more. It has shine and bounce and body and all of that good junk, it’s free of splits because I just had a haircut to even it out, so this year should be the year I finally get to see some progress.

:p

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
Welcome!!!!