Hi...Im new...and I dont know what to do ...

TiZi

Like I said I am new. I have been a lurker for quite sometime and have actually seen quite a bit of progress with my hair....by stealing the methods from LHCF.

Now am at a cross roads and don't really know what to do. So here is the microwaved version. I am relaxed, currently I am between APL and bra-strap length.

I am troubled by the following. My hair stylist has never relaxed my hair bone straight. I for the most part have the ability to wear my hair in wash 'n' go styles. I enjoy stretching my relaxer and I find that I gain alot of growth and strength that way. I am now on my 7th month and have fallen in love with truly texurized hair. I want to transition with out BC'ing to a texturizer. I dont want to damage my hair in the process, but I want the versitility that comes with a texturizer.
As mentioned above my hair is not bone straight but there are sections that will not curl or wave.

So what do I do?? transition to natural then texturize? have my stylist under process my new growth and slowly cut of straighter ends? or embrace the curl my hair already has???

I will try to figure out how to upload pictures...Thanks in advance for all the help. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!

Babylilac

Hiya Ms Wilson I do not have any advice but I was just wanted to say WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!.I am still learning myself some ladies will chime and help you out Happy growing

TiZi

Ok so lets see if I figured out how to post pictures....

these are pictures of my new growth...I don't know what hair type I am

Attachments

• HPIM0203.jpg
    HPIM0203.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 25
  • HPIM0205.jpg
    HPIM0205.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 25
  • HPIM0208.jpg
    HPIM0208.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 32

brucebettye

The advice I have is that you should give yourself sometime to think about it and since you are having no problem stretching keep it up and use the search options to read up on topics like texturize, texlax and transition. Before I texlaxed my natural hair I did alot of research and took my time and did it when I was ready and I am happy with my decision. Also I learned how to take care of my hair myself without paying anyone.

smwrigh3

just to make sure I understand... you are currently texlax and u are considering transitioning to texturized?