Hi LHCF!!! I'm new here!

PrettyBrownBrown

Hi Ladies,

I am so happy to finally join you on this board. I have been lurking for a few months and I decided to go ahead and pony up the $6.50. :grin: I hope to learn more healthy hair practices and grow a long, strong, and healthy head of hair. I am currently transitioning to natural hair. My last relaxer was on 07/31/09. The relaxer was thinning my hair so I decided to discontinue getting them altogether. I removed tree braids this past Friday after wearing them for six weeks. I don't have any photos to share right now. I went to my stylist of 9+ yrs for a trim on Saturday and realized that we may have to part ways very soon. She is not very happy that I am going natural. She made a few comments like "your hair is hard to handle" and "you should get a texturizer or another perm". She was pushing me pretty hard but admitted that my hair is in good condition and that a lot of her clients have thinning hair b/c of relaxers. I have nothing against perms or texturizers but I don't want one if it no longer works for my hair and I will not be pushed into doing anything to my hair that I don't want to do. She only wants to do perms and that's fine. I refuse to spend my money with anyone who can't respect my wishes. I may have to become a DIY'er (temporarily?) until I can find a good natural hair stylist. Thanks for letting me vent. I look forward to learning more here. :yep:

exubah

:welcome4: you will definitely find supporters of the DIY on this forum as well as tons of information on how to!!

BrooklynSouth

Welcome, PrettyBB to the wonderful world of healthy, happy hair no matter what the type, relaxed, texturized or natural. I'm natural and love it. Smart move to resist the stylist's encouragement to change what you desire.

Welcome!!! There are quite a few threads on being natural and transitioning, I am sure you will find a wealth of knowledge... We had our final relaxer around the same time I look forward to seeing your progress

darlingdiva

Hi Ladies,

I am so happy to finally join you on this board. I have been lurking for a few months and I decided to go ahead and pony up the $6.50. :grin: I hope to learn more healthy hair practices and grow a long, strong, and healthy head of hair. I am currently transitioning to natural hair. My last relaxer was on 07/31/09. The relaxer was thinning my hair so I decided to discontinue getting them altogether. I removed tree braids this past Friday after wearing them for six weeks. I don't have any photos to share right now. I went to my stylist of 9+ yrs for a trim on Saturday and realized that we may have to part ways very soon. She is not very happy that I am going natural. She made a few comments like "your hair is hard to handle" and "you should get a texturizer or another perm". She was pushing me pretty hard but admitted that my hair is in good condition and that a lot of her clients have thinning hair b/c of relaxers. I have nothing against perms or texturizers but I don't want one if it no longer works for my hair and I will not be pushed into doing anything to my hair that I don't want to do. She only wants to do perms and that's fine. I refuse to spend my money with anyone who can't respect my wishes. I may have to become a DIY'er (temporarily?) until I can find a good natural hair stylist. Thanks for letting me vent. I look forward to learning more here. :yep:

Welcome aboard!!!:yep:

@ the bolded: You should DEFINITELY get rid of her. The text in the bolded clearly shows that she does NOT have your best interest at heart, and that she will do "whatever" to make a buck. Obviously, she does. I'm sure that she still relaxes her clients who have thinning hair because of relaxers.