Hide your Hair 2014

I would like to join because I want to put the hair away for the impending cold. I'm planning on getting box braids installed on Friday. Back later with stats.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Just removed my crochet braids. Washed and planning for my DC tomorrow.
I am planning to place my crochets back in around the 24th. That gives me a week to pamper and prep my hair.

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
The con of this HIDE YOUR HAIR challenge for me is that I go a month without washing my hair because my hair is in small box braids and too time consuming to remove. Sigh.

pre_medicalrulz

Anybody heard of this chic? I would love to rock this short cut but wasn't comfortable with the molding she has to do to my real hair to give the illusion of a short cut. She tried to explain that my hair will truly be protected but I'm hesitant.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140919_054512.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140919_054512.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 95
  • ForumRunner_20140919_054547.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140919_054547.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 104

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'm out of this challenge. I will be cutting my hair into a tapered style in 2 weeks.

Yeah, so this didn't happen. I want a change but after blowing my hair out for some kinky twists, I realized... my hair is really long, LOL. I'm at the very top of my bra strap in the back.

It may sound odd but I never blow or straighten my hair out. Its just not cohesive for my lifestyle because I sweat a lot , so WnG it is. I'm going on a cruise tonight so I wanted a protective style.

I'm just going to go with the flow and see where I end up at the end of the year. For now, I'm in kinky twists until November.

NaturallyATLPCH

Yeah, so this didn't happen. I want a change but after blowing my hair out for some kinky twists, I realized... my hair is really long, LOL. I'm at the very top of my bra strap in the back.

It may sound odd but I never blow or straighten my hair out. Its just not cohesive for my lifestyle because I sweat a lot , so WnG it is. I'm going on a cruise tonight so I wanted a protective style.

I'm just going to go with the flow and see where I end up at the end of the year. For now, I'm in kinky twists until November.

I swear we are kindred hair spirits shawnyblazes! I was going to cut mine in a tapered style too!!!

But once I created my signature puff, I realize I kind of like my length. However, I think I'm out of this challenge because I really don't care about obtaining a certain length at this point. I have been wearing my hair since August but tucked away.

Who knows, I really want some color so I may end up cutting it.

Last edited:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I came in here all souped up when this challenge first started and havent updated since, lol. My bad.

Well I have been hiding my hair (cornrowed under wigs). I got bored and had box braids put in on August 29th. The plan is to keep them in for 8 weeks.

I'm a slow grower so I havent seen much progress--maybe an inch or two. I'm going to do an official check once I take out these braids.

Attachments

• braids.jpg
    braids.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 95

pre_medicalrulz

I came in here all souped up when this challenge first started and havent updated since, lol. My bad.

Well I have been hiding my hair (cornrowed under wigs). I got bored and had box braids put in on August 29th. The plan is to keep them in for 8 weeks.

I'm a slow grower so I havent seen much progress--maybe an inch or two. I'm going to do an official check once I take out these braids.

You're very pretty!!!

NGraceO

So this weekend I pulled out a wig I made in the beginning of this year that I posted about here, but never wore. I LOVE THIS WIG! It has now been deemed my "weekend wig" for when I'm going for a wavy/straight glam look that i can't obtain with my Italian yaki. Love it!

Next up, I'm looking to play with a short LF wig I bought at the beginning of the year hat I never wore.

I'm back to enjoying my wigs. Yay!

Attachments

• image-1131112992.jpg
    image-1131112992.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image-3990875147.jpg
    image-3990875147.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image-1975360667.jpg
    image-1975360667.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
A friend of mine just installed a vixen sew in with marley hair. It looks amazing so I immediately made an appt for 5 weeks out.

Then... I started to think,lol. Her hair was flat ironed. I dont mind my hair being flat ironed for the initial style but umm err, will I have to keep flat-ironing my left out hair to blend with the marley, even if its kinky textured?

I skate three times a week and sweat like Im working on the docks. I might have to get it twisted up, and then unloose the marley hair for a twistout effect??

Either way, I'm going to post pictures. My appt is Oct 25th.

NGraceO

A friend of mine just installed a vixen sew in with marley hair. It looks amazing so I immediately made an appt for 5 weeks out. Then... I started to think,lol. Her hair was flat ironed. I dont mind my hair being flat ironed for the initial style but umm err, will I have to keep flat-ironing my left out hair to blend with the marley, even if its kinky textured? I skate three times a week and sweat like Im working on the docks. I might have to get it twisted up, and then unloose the marley hair for a twistout effect?? Either way, I'm going to post pictures. My appt is Oct 25th.

you might consider doing "crochet style" on your leave out. It usually looks very natural and eliminate having any hair out;)

msbettyboop

I braided my hair today and was reminded painfully why I stopped going to salons. It was horrendous. After I take this out I'm going back to wigs forever. Weaves are good too but my edges can't seem to handle full weaves and I don't want to be blow drying, flat ironing and what not on leave out hair all the time......

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

msbettyboop

I braided my hair today and was reminded painfully why I stopped going to salons. It was horrendous. After I take this out I'm going back to wigs forever. Weaves are good too but my edges can't seem to handle full weaves and I don't want to be blow drying, flat ironing and what not on leave out hair all the time...... Sent from my iPad using LHCF

OMG, the braiding is so tight, I have blisters all around my hairline. I just loosened all the hair around my nape and hairline. Never again!

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I braided my hair today and was reminded painfully why I stopped going to salons. It was horrendous. After I take this out I'm going back to wigs forever. Weaves are good too but my edges can't seem to handle full weaves and I don't want to be blow drying, flat ironing and what not on leave out hair all the time...... Sent from my iPad using LHCF
so sorry that happened but I would take that out ASAP. I wouldn't chance it.

Aggie

I am still hiding my hair with wigs. I can't do the weave thing for the same reason as msbettyboop. It is madness how tight those edges can be and whenever I would leave some of it out, they suffer anyway. So for me, no more weaves:nono:.

Wigs are so versatile for me. One week I can wear it very afro curly, the next week I can wear it long and straight with very little to no manipulation of my own hair, so :yep:, wigs it is.

msbettyboop

I am still hiding my hair with wigs. I can't do the weave thing for the same reason as msbettyboop. It is madness how tight those edges can be and whenever I would leave some of it out, they suffer anyway. So for me, no more weaves:nono:. Wigs are so versatile for me. One week I can wear it very afro curly, the next week I can wear it long and straight with very little to no manipulation of my own hair, so :yep:, wigs it is.

Aggie, where do you get your wigs from? I've been wearing the mummy wig all year and want a different look now, after my scalp recovers from this nightmare.

Aggie

@Aggie, where do you get your wigs from? I've been wearing the mummy wig all year and want a different look now, after my scalp recovers from this nightmare.

msbettyboop, I have been purchasing all of my wigs from www.hairtobeauty.com and www.hairwigharlem.com.

Sometimes I would use www.elevatestyles.com as well but not as much as the first two because the free shipping criteria is lower for them.

I don't always want to spend $80 just to get free shipping. Truthfully, I really don't like spending more than $50 whenever I purchase wigs. I wait for the specials when I can get a wig for about $15-$20 each, then I purchase.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'll be taking these kinky twists out on the 18th, so I can deep condition and get my hair ready for my crochet install on the 25th.

It's getting chilly in NJ so all I want to do is really spritz and go.

NGraceO

Its time to touch up my relaxer. I said I was installing braids….that was about a month ago. My wigs are holding me down. Well, really, so is my laziness. I'm just not about this hair life right now.

Whit

Last one and then I'm gone for another 3 months

Attachments

• image-2680691204.jpg
    image-2680691204.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 86

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I haven't checked in in a while, but I've been sticking to this challenge faithfully by wearing twists with hair added. My usual schedule is to untwist my hair on Friday night right after work, shampoo and then DC overnight. The next morning, I rinse out the DC, apply my leave-ins, seal my hair, and blow dry on low heat to lightly stretch my hair. Then I put it right back into twists, and do it all over again 4-5 weeks later.

I'll be 2 years post relaxer in a few days, and the transition has been a breeze thanks to this challenge. I will definitely continue it through the end of the year and into next year. I was supposed to stop transitioning at 2 years, but I figure why not go another 6 months - 1 year since it has been so easy anyway.

pre_medicalrulz

I'm here and still hiding. I'm due for my 4 week wash and condition on Saturday. Yea I know that 4 weeks is a long time but at this point it works for me. Lol I'm also going to be 16 weeks post on Saturday.