Hide Your Hair Challenge 2020 Anyone??

Prettyeyes

I am in crochet braids and I am going to keep my hair hidden the rest of the year to get to my short term goal of MBL. In between styles we can do updates or take no more than a three day break. Anyone interested in joining me?image.jpg
Please share your plan/regimen!

Last edited:

yamilee21

Seeing this thread made me giggle, because so many people are under lockdown/quarantine, and are “hiding” their hair by default. My hair has been hidden under a scarf for 8 weeks, except for washing. ;)

Seriously though, I’m sure you’ll find others to join you. Looking forward to seeing your MBL reveal. :)

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Sounds good! What is your regimen?

Co wash 4-5 days a week
Shampoo and deep condition once a week
Bonding and protein treatment once a week
LCO daily
Refresh hair color every 8-10 weeks. I try to make this coincide with a new set of braids.

My 2 biggest issues with retention are my PJ tendencies and hand in hair disease. The pandemic is sort of helping with the PJism and I'm hoping the head wraps help with the HIH.

Godsdaughter001

I would like to join. I was just planning on putting twist extensions in my hair (using the Crown and Glory method) to grow it waist length. I’m currently full MBL, grazing WSL. I plan to straighten on Thanksgiving... maybe. Other than that, I’ll be wearing twists (and maybe faux lox for the rest of the year).

Last edited:

Prettyeyes

Co wash 4-5 days a week
Shampoo and deep condition once a week
Bonding and protein treatment once a week
LCO daily
Refresh hair color every 8-10 weeks. I try to make this coincide with a new set of braids.

My 2 biggest issues with retention are my PJ tendencies and hand in hair disease. The pandemic is sort of helping with the PJism and I'm hoping the head wraps help with the HIH.
Wow hope you have lots of growth!

Prettyeyes

I'm following the chebe regimen but using up my products versus just water and grease. Re-braiding plaits monthly. Re-applying chebe twice per week. Shampoo as needed.

I'm natural, and my longest length is currently at collarbone.

ETA: Wigs for public outings!
Nice plan! I may end up in a wig soon. These braids have been in way too long!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My mini braids are in and in a bun. I misplaced one of my headwraps so I'm not wearing one today. I did go to Joann's yesterday for a fabric stock up so I will probably make me a new one tonight.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I'm in.

Flattwists under wigs are my go to..

I've been rocking Headwraps ( with flat twists underneath lately)

Planning on FINALLY getting my knotless braids 6.10.20 Hope to keep them in for 6-8 weeks. Take a month off and get them again.

My current regi (every 2 weeks)
Dry deep condition with Steam
Shampoo
Quick Condition
Leave ins
Lightly oil scalp
Rev air blow dry
Shea/ burdock root length
Flat twist (6-10)

Current length is Collarbone.

Would like to get to full SL by December 2020.

Full Dec APL 2021.

Planning on getting a good trim after taking out the knotless braids.

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Just finished taking out my mini braids. Going to shampoo, protein treatment, and DC tonight. Debating between flat twist or cornrows for my next install.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
So funny, I came in here looking specifically for a HYH challenge and lo and behold... So yeah, I'm in. I just put in my own crochet marley twists yesterday. I did the individual rubber band method. It was my first time trying it and it was surprisingly easy and came out nice. Thanks youtube! I am starting this challenge with exactly 1 inch of hair, even less in some places. I just shaved my head.

My plan is to just stay in crochet braids (now that I know how to do them) until my hair grows back out. No real regimen, just spray my twists and oil my scalp...and wash as needed. I'm curious as to how long these things are going to last but they are pretty sturdy, even with only 1 inch of hair. I'm shooting for 1 month and then reinstall. Would like to have 3 inches of healthy natural hair by the end of the year (I am a slow grower).