Hide Your Hair Til July 4th 2007 Challenge!!!!!!

scarcity21

im in just havent had a chance to post my HYHT april 1st challenge...but when i do post it, that will be my starting pics:)

kbnax

Hi

I would like to know if I can join the challenge too? I have been a member for awhile now, but I've never posted. This challenge caught my eye though, so I would like to join, if it's not too late.

preciousjewel76

OK, I'm on this challenge, and the Bootcamp Challenge. We're supposed to update for the Bootcamp Challenge tomorrow - which means I'll be "revealing" my hair. Would this disqualify me from the HYH Challenge? I don't want to wait alllllll the way until July to post a progress pic!

MonaLisa

I'm kind of out of this one....
did a little experiment this past week...and it seems like I actually had less breakage having my own hair out...I think my poor scalp needed air after the long funky weather we've had in NYC...

so, I'm going to do a modified HYH until 7/4...when I need it out..it's out...

when I need to slap the wig on...I'll slap the wig on...

:look:

ETA: Confirming - Out of the challenge ;(...but I will cheer everyone else on! :)

Last edited:

SouthernTease

Maybe its too late for me to join this challenge :mad:
But whatever... I had plans to do this anyway :)
I've been bunning since April 1st EVERYDAY!

Blackoutzangel05

Unfortunately I am out. Although I don't show my length, I don't wear 100% protective styles either. I do low manipulation styles or twist ups. I am cheering everyone else on though!

bLackButtaFly

preciousjewel76 said:
OK, I'm on this challenge, and the Bootcamp Challenge. We're supposed to update for the Bootcamp Challenge tomorrow - which means I'll be "revealing" my hair. Would this disqualify me from the HYH Challenge? I don't want to wait alllllll the way until July to post a progress pic!

In the rules it says you get three passes to wear your hair out, so I think you'll be okay. :look:

MzOptimistic

bLackButtaFly said:
In the rules it says you get three passes to wear your hair out, so I think you'll be okay. :look:

bLackButtaFly, you do get three passes to wear your hair out BUT you're not allowed to post any pictures;) Your passes are for special events. For example, if you had an interview, wedding, date etc.

ETA: All of the new ladies that joined the HYHTJ Challenge. WELCOME:

glamazon386

tsmith said:
bLackButtaFly, you do get three passes to wear your hair out BUT you're not allowed to post any pictures;) Your passes are for special events. For example, if you had an interview, wedding, date etc.

ETA: All of the new ladies that joined the HYHTJ Challenge. WELCOME:

Woops guess I'm out. :ohwell: I posted a picture of the front of my hair. I've still been hiding it in the real world though.

MzOptimistic

bmoreflyygirl said:
Woops guess I'm out. :ohwell: I posted a picture of the front of my hair. I've still been hiding it in the real world though.

bmoreflyy, what pic are you taking about? The one in your siggy?:)

MzOptimistic

VWVixxen said:
I'm thinking about jumping ship...I'm TIRED OF DA BUN!!

Maybe I need some new quick weaves!

Vixxen, now where in the hayl do you think you're going?:naughty: . New quick weaves sounds like a good idea:yep:

ETA: I'm tired of the bun too girl, I'm tired too but I love the results I'm getting.

MzOptimistic

NEWEST HYHTJ CHALLENGERS

charmj
Naphy
Growinpainz
Blackoutzangel05
texasqt
pretty nappy hair
ebbiebaby55
tyte curlz
GGD
LadyR
yasjencon2
queeny20
MCrzyGr
Poetrygirl
seymore
malibu4590
itismehmmkay
jtsupanova
togethernessinchrist

mytialpn
stinatina
Nap2it
hothair
smuice
Alli77
missnurselady
Hair Piece

Pinkdot
Kiwi
Carla From VA
Scorpio
Scarcity21
Kbnax
Prettygirlatl
SouthernTease
Abenyo
SweetMarshCrystal
HollyGolightly1982

V

vivadiva85

Does wearing banana clips count as hiding your hair? I've been wearing them a lot lately, and it just occurred to me that I may have failed the challenge.

Another question: Some people consider wet sets protective styles. If I were to do one today and went out on the town, would I continue to fail miserably?

I honestly haven't showed my length though. I have no idea how long my hair is. Some people comment it on it from the banana clip, but they cant really see the length, so I am hiding my hair still, right? :perplexed

RabiaElaine

vivadiva85 said:
Does wearing banana clips count as hiding your hair? I've been wearing them a lot lately, and it just occurred to me that I may have failed the challenge.

Another question: Some people consider wet sets protective styles. If I were to do one today and went out on the town, would I continue to fail miserably?

I honestly haven't showed my length though. I have no idea how long my hair is. Some people comment it on it from the banana clip, but they cant really see the length, so I am hiding my hair still, right? :perplexed

Hi :wave:

You are still hiding it. The main point of this challenge is to not show your length, which it seems you are doing. The other point is to keep your ends protected from your clothes etc., as long as you are doing those 2 things I think you are doing fine.

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I seem to disappear for weeks at a time. Work has been busy, and I've been wedding planning so that's taking up a lot of time. Anyway I'm soooooooooooooooooooo happy to see soooooooooooooooooooo many people have joined this challenge.

Anyway we only have a few days to go!!!!!!!! Good job ladies!!!!!!!!

So the reveal will be the same as the last 2 challenges, I will start a thread at 12am on July 4th for everyone to post their reveal pics. If for some reason I don't do it, Tsmith is my backup and she will start one. In the thread you should include a picture of your length at the beginning of the challenge and picture of your hair at the end to show the amount of hair your retained. Those that have been on the last 2 challenges (HYHTC, and HYHTAF) should try to post pics of their hair from those challenges as well so we can see the progression of your hair from a year ago til now.

Can't wait for the 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I seem to disappear for weeks at a time. Work has been busy, and I've been wedding planning so that's taking up a lot of time. Anyway I'm soooooooooooooooooooo happy to see soooooooooooooooooooo many people have joined this challenge.

Anyway we only have a few days to go!!!!!!!! Good job ladies!!!!!!!!

So the reveal will be the same as the last 2 challenges, I will start a thread at 12am on July 4th for everyone to post their reveal pics. If for some reason I don't do it, Tsmith is my backup and she will start one. In the thread you should include a picture of your length at the beginning of the challenge and picture of your hair at the end to show the amount of hair your retained. Those that have been on the last 2 challenges (HYHTC, and HYHTAF) should try to post pics of their hair from those challenges as well so we can see the progression of your hair from a year ago til now.

Can't wait for the 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

Ineedhair said:
I forgot I was in this challenge and revealed my hair a week early :wallbash: I am in too many challenges:lol:

Ooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you like the challenge? Will you be joining us for the next one?