Highlight dilema: dye it back brown or get correctives?

alibi

hair bored
That is the question! :yep: I highlighted my hair about a month and a half ago, just fooling around, trying to see if the color would look good on my curls. For the most part it came out okay, but there are sections that got too light IMO, and some of my strands have a whitish yellow hue. :barf: I really don't like it at all b/c the color keeps getting lighter, and I wanted a more golden look. Not to mention that I only did the top/front sections, and I would like to have the highlights stretched out for a more uniform look. Anyways, I want my hair to look good this summer, and I know the highlight bug will probably only get stronger as the weather gets warmer. But I also love to see healthy looking curls that are all one color. Soooooo what do you guys think? Should I spring for corrective highlights, or go back to my natural color?

No Balisi, the highlights that are lightest are actually whole strands of hair. The color is uniform from the point that it starts to the end of the strands. But I just don't like the hue. I don't want to damage my hair, but I really want a more golden look if I decide to stick with them.

Hi Ayanna!! :wave:

I haven't looked at your pics yet, but you could try putting a Sebastians Colourshine over it... in either Glorious Gold (for more of a reddish tint) or Honey Wheat (more of a gold/blonde tint). I use a mixture of both on my hair.

For a more permanent solution, you could go and have the highlights toned at the salon.

Back