Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

BostonMaria

RANT

I've been so lazy with my hair these past 6 weeks. I am not neglecting it - still protective style, DC, detangle, etc. All I do is leave it in a bun and I don't want to deal with it. I feel a hot mess. It'll be in a bun for 7 days and all I'll do is brush back the front. It's not matted in the middle but I am not paying any attention to it. Maybe that's a good thing? I'm feeling frumpy.

It might be a combination of things. I have been working from home so I don't need to do much with my hair. I was discouraged all summer because my wash and go's didn't look nice, if I straightened it my hair would revert and frizz up badly. I just kinda gave up.

I'm WL and still want to get to HL next year. I just need somebody to slap me.

END OF RANT

Janet'

AWWW! BostonMaria! :bighug: We all feel like that at some point in time...the difference is most of us aren't already WL :gorgeous: Perhaps less is more in this case. I know for me when I leave my hair be, it thanks me...This could be a blessing in disguise!

brg240

Whimsy your hair is so gorgeous.
RZILYNT good luck with your transition!
NJoy - how do you wear your hair under your half wigs?
BostonMaria - but now that it's fall you should be able to straighten without it frizzing up. I've been bunning everyday, my classes are online so no need to get dressed up :look:

I'm so tired of detangline my hair :( Bunning everyday is easier and this is what I plan to do until the new year. Well I might put my hair in two french braids. And for thanksgiving I think I'll do a bantu knot out and for Christmas I'll straighten it. I'm looking at wigs still, I'm wondering if it's better to buy now or on black Friday? I'm not really sure if wigs go on sale or not. Anyone know? If so, what sites?

Also, my nape keeps getting single strand knots and I just pull them out :nono:

BostonMaria

Janet' yeah you're right. I will straighten it today and stop whining. When I leave it curly I tend to not take care of it the way I should.

Whimsy OUCH! Thank you *crying*

NJoy

Here I grow again!
brg240 That's the beauty of this wavy style. My hair is usually in 2-4 braids. So, if I need to slap it on quickly, I attach the front of the wig about 1.5 to 2" back from my hairline and tuck my braids under. I put a headband or scarf at the wigline and the wig is full enough to cover everything and go. This is what I'm wearing. The wavy texture means I don't have to worry about manipulating or smoothing my own hair to blend. I suppose I could do a braidout in the front for an all over loose blend but, it's just not necessary. My braids are pinned up in back under the wig. I LOVE it!

Lucia

I might as well sign up for this HL challenge too. :look:

Current Length: grazing WL
Regimen: moisturize consistently scalp massages lots of buns
Plans: moisture and buns/updos
Hip Length Date: sometime in early 2011.

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010? Sticking to my regimen
Are you in any other challenges? Yes HL 2010, TL CL - CL is just for fun to see if I can attain that length

What's your #1 Hair Goal for the rest of 2010?
To retain as much length as possible get as close to full WL as I can

Last edited:

kami11213

I'm so frustrated with my hair, it's breaking like crazy and doesn't look right no matter what I do to it :-/

I think for the next few weeks I'm going to just bun, bun, bun... I'm planning to relax in December and am hoping to see some progress...

Lucia

Kami
You night need to do a protein DC it might just be fall winter shedding
Then make sure you do a moister DC right after the protein.
Aphogee 2 step is great but if you don't want to spend that much all at once
Buy some V05 extra body condish it's tan biege color and add an egg to it put it in your hair and cover with plastic cap for at least 15 min then shampoo o cw it out. Follow up with a cramy moisture Condish like Aussie 3 min for at least 30 min. Hth

Last edited:

kami11213

Thanks Lucia ... I've been slacking w/ my protein and that's probably why I'm having so much breakage... I'm gonna take your advice and see if that helps some

@Boston Maria, I have been feeling EXACTLY the same way for awhile now. The only way I stay motivated about my hair goals is by coming on this site. I let everyone's energy rub off on me. :) I have been wearing twistout hair in a bun for a long time. But at least our hair is protected during the hair laziness!

Dee Raven

Here are some pics from my most recent straightening. The first is just plain straight, the second is a bun I tried today. Tonight I'm going to try some bantu knots and hope that my hair comes out as awesome as whimsy's. :drool: We'll see tomorrow.

Attachments

• october bun.jpg
    october bun.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 63
  • nov 2010 update.jpg
    nov 2010 update.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I have high hipbones too. HL is only 3" below wl for me too. I don't know if it will look hl to me tho. So, I think I'm not going to feel hl until 1-2" below that.

Whimsy

Hmmm I don't know where it is i'm gunna have to measure tomorrow when i'm not feelin lazy.

dee raven LOVE your hair! :)

Janet'

My friend is coming over this morning to help me measure, so I'll be back with my update, lol!

NikkiGirl

Hey Ladies,

Can I Join this challenge. I am in the Waist Length also for 2011 and want to jump into this one as well.

OOPS! I didn't read the first post. :spinning:

Current Length: MBL
Regimen: Moisturize, Bun, Light Protein when needed
Date: I have no idea. Sooner rather than later. :grin:

Last edited:

Janet'

LOL...Everyone is trying to figure out exactly where they stand as far as their hair...Many have started revealing, but some of us (ahem) need a lil' more time...Don't worry, this place will be popping in a few weeks!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Well I washed my hair this weekend, barely conditioned it and blow dried. This was after not washing it for a two weeks and keeping it in a loose french roll. I've just been so lazy with it. It started to mat last week in the middle. That's when I got concerned and started the detangling process. At least it's low manipulation which is what I am striving for but this is just pure laziness now. When I go to style my hair in the morning, it feels like this mass of hair I have to get through. I cannot believe I am seriously considering HL.

I'm doing a protein treatment this weekend because this is crazy. Then I'll continue moisturising and PSing. Not much breakage or shedding and I'd like to keep it that way for the winter. Need to get some vitamins to prevent hair fall at this time of the year too.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I've been sick so not posting as much anymore. Just sleepingy life away lol second day I've missed class and work and couldnt care less about my hair right now.