Hip Length Challenge 2010

Mz.MoMo5235

i like using HE tousle me softly finishing touch cream

how often do you wash your hair though? i find with this i need to shampoo once a week but rinse my hair like every 3days or it does start feeling a bit dry. i dont know if the hair is actually dry or if its product build up but if you do a nice rinse and start over then its a great gel

Lucia

Well I did a quick length check and I'm firmly at MBL the sides and front has caught up w the back I did trim last month so I have a slight U shape insteadof the V shape my hair grows into naturally. Im now 2 inches from WL and 4 inches from HL the slightly longer parts.
I'm not setting an exact month to reach HL it will come when it comes.
I'm glad the bulk of my hair is all one length now. But I can't help thinking I could be HL now if it wasn't for the bkt setback and me having to aggressively self trim.
No more bandwagons no more switching products if I do someone throw that superslap smiley at me

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

you know guys... i'm still not sure where hl on ME is lmfao

i think about about 2inches away from my crackin but i dont know where hl is at lmfao

Lucia

OMG Toy look at your ponytail!!!! Amazing!! :notworthy

Yes indeed now THAT'S a PONYTAIL heck it's a horsetail :lol:

you know guys... i'm still not sure where hl on ME is lmfao

i think about about 2inches away from my crackin but i dont know where hl is at lmfao

HL is between WL and the start of your crakin, top of the hip bones where you put your hands to pose.

HL

YouTube - Longhairdontcare2011's Channel

she'sgot her hands on her hips
YouTube - One year of hair growth

YouTube - Hip length hair

YouTube - zeta5777's Channel

TL

YouTube - LeobodyC5's Channel

Mz.MoMo5235

see, i cant really feel the top of my hip bones... i mean i think i can feel them but i dunno (i have no clue how much or little sense that makes lol)

i dont know. like on one hand i want to claim hl but i cant cause i cant claim something that i'm not sure where on my it is. like i feel if i were more curvy or had a smaller waist than i would know where my hips were. but since i'm not... well, so confused lol

Lucia

Feye's self trim method slightly modified video
YouTube - Habioku's Channel

ETA: I would just keep the 1st set of hair band at the top then smooth the hair down and put another set of hairbands at the bottom that way there's less chance of messing it up.

Last edited:

Lucia

see, i cant really feel the top of my hip bones... i mean i think i can feel them but i dunno (i have no clue how much or little sense that makes lol)

i dont know. like on one hand i want to claim hl but i cant cause i cant claim something that i'm not sure where on my it is. like i feel if i were more curvy or had a smaller waist than i would know where my hips were. but since i'm not... well, so confused lol

I understand it's hard to claim that length unless you think you're full HL and even harder if you're not sure where it starts. That's my problem with WL the 1st time cuase where I thought WL was is really HL. I didn't claim it until others told me hey you're already there.

But once you reach TL or CKL :lol: crakin length then you'll be sure then to have passed full HL already.

Mz.MoMo5235

so i finally trimmed guys!!! on oct 29th i chopped my hair off (not my intent lol) and my hair hasnt seen scissors since until today, though the trimming was so freaking light you cant even tell!! i need to cut more off but for now i'm opting not to just yet

so if you recall on page 4 (i think lol) this was my starting pic

and this is my hair now!!!

this was blow dried (excuse the fuzziness but my camera was focusing on my hair instead of the mirror)

flat ironed

how much i wanted to trim

how much i actually trimmed

and what it looks like now!!!

lol and I STILL HAVE NO CLUE WHAT LENGTH I AM YET i'll just keep growing til i hit my crackin lol

Lucia

so i finally trimmed guys!!! on oct 29th i chopped my hair off (not my intent lol) and my hair hasnt seen scissors since until today, though the trimming was so freaking light you cant even tell!! i need to cut more off but for now i'm opting not to just yet

this was blow dried (excuse the fuzziness but my camera was focusing on my hair instead of the mirror)

flat ironed

lol and I STILL HAVE NO CLUE WHAT LENGTH I AM YET i'll just keep growing til i hit my crackin lol

From BSL to HL in 1 year, that's impressive. I'm counting before the trim. The pics really show your progress. Imagine what you can do in 2011. Don't cut yet just wait until it's closer to CKL. There's inspiration and hopw for us all.

Last edited:

AMAZING! I'm REALLY not cutting my hair after seeing your progress! You cut after a year and still maintained length. Just beautiful! Congrats you deserve it!

Lucia

I realized why some of us have hair anorexia it's bc what you think the length is, is actually longer the actual place it is on yourself. Like WL is where your belly button is but no one including me thinks hat it really looks like true WL to have that look you have to go passed WL or HL. There may be a cure after all.

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

I realized why some of us have hair anorexia it's bc what you think the length is is actually longer the actual place it is on yourself. Like WL is where your belly button is bit no one including me jinks hat it really looks like true WL to have that look you have to go passed WL or HL. There may be a cure after all.

i think you're right... along with incorrect comparisons

like for instance i always compare my hair to domin, now my hair pales into comparison with hers yet she wont claim hl yet stating she is short. so i'm like "well if she's still short of hl than i'm WWWAAAAAYYYYYY off!!!" :lol:

Lucia

i think you're right... along with incorrect comparisons

like for instance i always compare my hair to domin, now my hair pales into comparison with hers yet she wont claim hl yet stating she is short. so i'm like "well if she's still short of hl than i'm WWWAAAAAYYYYYY off!!!" :lol:

ITA , don't compare your hair to others.
I know she's HL already and actually now approaching TL. Seriously, she needs to go ahead and claim HL already. :lol:

Mz.MoMo5235

YOU KNOW!!! i've been telling her to claim it for months now and SHE REFUSES!!! in fact she even dropped out of the hl 10 challenge on bhm because she said she wont be able to make it this year lmfao i was like :O lmfao

BostonMaria

flat ironed

Wow look at all that growth! And to think you complained that this year that your hair wasn't growing. I think you're already hip length. You should post in the other hip length challenge and claim it. Don't let hair anorexia get you down! :lachen:

BostonMaria

I have absolutely positively no idea where hip length begins or ends LOL I'm just going to let it grow till I look like Rapunzel