Hip Length Challenge 2010

schipperchow1

This started on the Hip, Tailbone, Classic, and longer Club/Challenge thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=61669&page=36. The difference is that this challenge is specifically for those ladies who want to reach hip bone length (HL) stretched/straightened by Dec. 21, 2010.

There are no "rules" per se, just do what works for your hair, stay positive, and continue to support each other on our healthy hair growth journey.

Length/progress check-ins are at the solstices with Dec 21 as the starting length. (Although requests for encouragement, positive comments, tips, and inspirational posts are always welcome :yep:)

Progress/length check in dates:
Dec 21, 2009 - Official Start date
Mar 20, 2010
June 21, 2010
Sep 22, 2010
Dec 21, 2010 - Official End Date (possible start of tailbone length 2011 challenge?)

Inspirational ladies growing to hip length in 2010:yay::clap::
1. AdoraAdora24
2. Andy1979
3. Ballerina Bun
4. beanius
5. Bene
6. BeautifulESQ
7. BostonMaria
8. Candy828
9. Chicoro
10. Classic Beauty
11. cupcakes
12. curlycue
13. Fine4s
14. GoldieLocks
15. Irresistible
16. Ivey14
17. joib
18. Lady Paniolo
19. LoveLongLocks
20. Lucia
21. Mamato
22. MariaofMagdal
23. MarcustheWu
24. MariposaSexyGirl
25. Mz.MoMo
26. orchidgirl
27. Schipperchow1
28. Shopaholic
29. tenjoy
30. testimony 777
31. Toy
32. Winnettag
33. 2themax

Are other ladies interested in joining us?

HHG!

Last edited:

Irresistible

I'm hip length now, but not 'full hip length' and don't know where I will be after I trim soon

So I'm in for reaching 'full hip length' if that can count for this challenge?

but do hope to grow somewhat longer by Dec 2010.....we shall see

schipperchow1

I'm hip length now, but not 'full hip length' and don't know where I will be after I trim soon

So I'm in for reaching 'full hip length' if that can count for this challenge?

but do hope to grow somewhat longer by Dec 2010.....we shall see
Welcome Irresistible! You are one of my inspirations!:yep:

ETA: I know I won't be full hip because I have layers around the front.

Last edited:

MAMATO

Well I am in :) I am about an 1/2 inch away from WL so I may not be able to make it, but I'll try ... wish me good luck ladies ;)

BostonMaria

Good Lord just thinking of myself at hip length makes me all giddy LOL
I don't know if its possible, I'm almost at waist length now.

Count me in ladies!

schipperchow1

I am at hip length, but I want comfortable hip length with my crappy straightening skills. I am in!

Wow! :superbanana: Congrats for being at the length I hope to be in December 2010! Welcome to the challenge!

Well I am in :) I am about an 1/2 inch away from WL so I may not be able to make it, but I'll try ... wish me good luck ladies ;)

I don't know if I will make it either, but I am trusting that we will. Welcome to the challenge:wave:

Good Lord just thinking of myself at hip length makes me all giddy LOL
I don't know if its possible, I'm almost at waist length now.

Count me in ladies!
Another one of my inspirations! Yeah:clapping:! Welcome to the quest for hip length!

onejamifan

I am here to support all of you on this challenge. I am a couple of inches from Hip length right now, but am scheduled for a major cut on July 11, 2010 (looong story), so I will not be able to join you on the challenge. Best of luck to all of you on achieving your goal!!!

schipperchow1

I am here to support all of you on this challenge. I am a couple of inches from Hip length right now, but am scheduled for a major cut on July 11, 2010 (looong story), so I will not be able to join you on the challenge. Best of luck to all of you on achieving your goal!!!

Another inspiration:notworthy Thank you for your support! You may make hip before you trim. How much do you have to cut or do you think you have to cut?:shocked: What happened? I will probably trim in May/June.

onejamifan

Another inspiration:notworthy Thank you for your support! You may make hip before you trim. How much do you have to cut or do you think you have to cut?:shocked: What happened? I will probably trim in May/June.

I am cutting to BSL in July for various reasons, one of them being that I'm transitioning and will need to do so with a more manageable length, but the actual date has a spiritual meaning. My eventual goal is to have HL natural stretched hair, so maybe in a couple of years I will be there :)

schipperchow1

I am cutting to BSL in July for various reasons, one of them being that I'm transitioning and will need to do so with a more manageable length, but the actual date has a spiritual meaning. My eventual goal is to have HL natural stretched hair, so maybe in a couple of years I will be there :)

Understood. Best of luck with your transition and continued hair growth journey.

mariofmagdal

I have some touching hip now, I would like to join. After this hand recovery I know I will have to do some adjusting to the hair, so the end of 2010 sounds reasonable.

Count me in.

Count me in! I will do a length check later this month when I texlax and hopefully I made WL. I would love to be hip length by the end of 2010.

SmilingElephant

I wanna join!!! I believe i can reach Hip by the end of next year....but even if i get halfway there...that'll be good enough :)

Count me in!!!

winnettag

Good luck to us all!
I can't wait to see everyone's starting pics! (Even my own are going to be a surprise!)