Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

constance

constance - Are you maintaining at HL or are you joining us in the TBL challenge :)

I've been meaning to ask, why isn't there a thread for people who have reached their goal length and are maintaining? I would start it, but I'm not there yet.

FoxxyLocs, I'm growing to TBL but didn't know about the other thread. Thanks for mentioning it!

constance

constance
Wow congratz on reaching HL your hair is thick from root to tip
Thanks for sharing the regimen adjustment tip it's important
Are you maintaining or growing on to TL ?
I mean your hair is superlong and gorgeous rigt now.

Thanks, Lucia! I've revised my goal so many times. :yep: When I started I was aiming for APL & then I moved onto dreaming about BSL and WL. I thought HL was it but now I'm thinking about CL as a final goal...that'll take a while to reach though. My 2012 goals are full hl & partial tbl.

Your hair looks nice and thick.

brg240

so i'm thinking of cutting my hair to waist length again ladies! That was the plan all along but i do like my hair longer so that's why i hesitated. The summer is the perfect time too. I want to try twists again and it's so darn hot. Also my ends could be better, i need to chop off the last of the relaxed ends and I want to give my much shorter layer time to catch up. If i cut 3-4" off they'll only have 4" in between? (and then i'll cut another 3 in dec and it will finally be evenish!)

Last edited:

eocceas

I pressed my hair June 19...Didn't quite make my goal of achieving WL for my b'day but I'm still pushing forward and pretty darn pleased with the results I got. I trimmed about an inch off that was long over due.

Attachments

• hair pic.jpg
    hair pic.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 180
  • hair pic2.jpg
    hair pic2.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 156
  • hair pic3.jpg
    hair pic3.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 163

Lylddlebit

I pressed my hair June 19...Didn't quite make my goal of achieving WL for my b'day but I'm still pushing forward and pretty darn pleased with the results I got. I trimmed about an inch off that was long over due.

So full and pretty!

FoxxyLocs

eocceas said:

This is what I want my hemline to look like :yep:

Sent from my HTC Evo

NJoy

Here I grow again!

OMG, of course you're pleased with it. Your hair is flawless! Nice job!

brg240

eocceas your hair is just gorgeous, the fullness and shape is just amazing.

NJoy I love seeing Jasmine in your sig. I loved her when i was a kid (i thought i'd look like her when i was 16 too *I did not* :cry: :lol:) but anyway i look and think i'm coming for your hair girl +_+ :lol:

I'm not sure where to share this so i'm sharing this here. I took this pic back in jan but it was during hyh so I couldn't share :( But, I liked how it looked, though sadly the image reduction makes it look less cute :/

Attachments

• jan2012.jpg
    jan2012.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 238

LaVgirl

Hello, everyone,
I know this update is very late but these are my length check pics from when I had my hair straightened for my graduation last month. Sorry about the black shirt - hopefully you can still see where my hair falls. I think it's about halfway between my natural waist line and hip bone.

Attachments

• 101_4695.jpg
    101_4695.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 101_4692.jpg
    101_4692.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 101_4693.jpg
    101_4693.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 252

eocceas

Hello, everyone,
I know this update is very late but these are my length check pics from when I had my hair straightened for my graduation last month. Sorry about the black shirt - hopefully you can still see where my hair falls. I think it's about halfway between my natural waist line and hip bone.

Be-U-t-FULL!

lalla

Hello everyone!

I cut about 2 inches off my hair. Might cut more. I'm thinking about getting a TWA. Don't know yet but it's sure I won't make it to Hl this year. Good luck to everyone.

brg240

um ladies do any of you wrap your hair? i'm trying and i'm failing :cry: i watched a few vids on how to do it but it is so not working :cry:

FoxxyLocs

I haven't wrapped my hair since it was BSL. After a certain length I couldn't get it right anymore.

Sent from my HTC Evo

regina07

I tried wrapping my hair when it was flatironed and, unfortunately it was too soft to stay. I ended up with indents from the clips or my scarf fell off.

Good luck and if it works, please post pictures!

brg240

kinda wrapped it, um i never wrapped it before so yeah but it stayed straight. It was nice when i took it off but it didn't last long. I don't think hl hair is conducive to wraps at all.

I do have a pic though

My hand is at my hip but it stretches all the way down to my tbl/crack but i'm going to trim a couple inches `later today

brg240

regina07 thanks :)

I'm actually going to trim it a bit above hl but not yet. I'm getting ready to go somewhere. I'll do it later tonight or tomorrow morning.

regina07

Funny .. just saw my signature in my reply to brg240 and thought I'd give y'all an update. No pics unfortunately because I'm at work and my hair's in a bun

But

there's definite improvement! I use Kerastase 1-2x a week for intensive DC, spritz with water/glycerine combo followed by castor/coconut oil seal. I stopped combing it daily and finger comb instead.

I added MSM and Silica to my daily 30,000 mcg of biotin. Been taking the biotin since October and don't see any more improvement.

Still sleep with silk cap and silk pillowcases. This makes a huge difference in my moisture levels!

My problem is I keep thinking there should be a day (or a period of days) when I slide my hands down my hair and have no hair on them. That doesn't happen. I am constantly shedding, having mid-strand breakage or split end breakage. Yet, my hair is soft, springy (my nice way of saying shrinkage and elasticity!) and feels moisturized.

IDK.

I'm gonna post pictures next week (wed or thur) after I flatiron or roller set. I'm off to Kansas City to visit my man and he loves my hair straight. I'll be happy if it's the same length as my last check in March.

Thanks for the encouragment ladies!

brg240

maybe you need more protein? But I'm glad your hair is doing better.
I wonder what i did with my biotin, i bought some but never took it out of fear of making my skin worse.

regina07

Thank you brg240! That's exactly what I'm trying to do -- up my protein.

I found some Cantu Shea Butter leave-in this weekend while in Chicago and I've been using it every day. Tomorrow I'll do a protein DC (maybe use egg in my joico)

Biotin hasn't done anything to my face (hmm, just like I haven't seen a difference in my hair.... ) I'm taking it until I finish the 3 bottles and then no more.

How did you trim turn out?

regina07

Hi Ladies -
I think I can claim HL but also see the damage from the past few months. As much as my ends need a cut, I'm holding off until the next time I flatiron before giving myself a .5 inch trim.

Attachments

• Hair_072612.jpg
    Hair_072612.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 169

Ms Lala

Hey ladies. I've been MIA. The lil one is keeping me super busy. I don't think I have time to even maintain hip length hair. I stopped focusing on my hair and growth. I'm just lucky if I leave w/my hair combed these days. I had it braided for a while. Anyway I think I'm going to cut it to midback or brastrap length and maybe grow it back out when she's a little older. I"m going to decide this week and I'll post pics whatever I do.

tiajanae

It's been a looong time. Between graduation, work, and starting my master's program, I haven't been here in a while. But nevertheless me and this hair have still kept at it. Exciting news to report...

so i got some individuals on May 23 by this awesome friend of mine and decided to leave in for 3 months. At 10 weeks through (yesterday) the suspense was killing me. NEw growth is so crazy in my head I had to take a peak. So in to the bathroom at work I go, take down a braid and couldn't , I mean couldn't, believe my eyes. I stretched the unbraided strands of hair and I'm not overexaggerating when I say they were longer than the darn braids! Of course a pic isn't possible with all the other braids in my head, but I have 3 more weeks left until they come down and I can finally measure. I miss my hair!! When i braided it I was 17 inches solid. Hopefully I retained two full inches of hair and can claim 19 inches (we shall see :yep:). Only 2 inches away from my goal this year and hopefully I reach Hip Length... I'll post pics of the new growth shortly..

Starting Length: 15 inches
Current Length: 17 inches
Goal Length this year: 21 inches
Goal Length Overall: 25 inches

Millyj

I'll be cheering you ladies on as well. I haven't been on here since 2010 - and now I'm on yet another journey...My goal now is to just get to mid back length...Keep up the growing ladies!:clapping: