Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

leiah

I had a baby 2 months ago and my goal was to have waist length hair by the time I could see my waist again

I think I will make that goal. slowly losing inches on my waist and gaining them in my hair.

My hair growth is definitely going to slow down. I stopped taking my vitamins because they make me nauseous now and I'm starting to shed. I also moved to a new climate and none of my products are working here.

I have not used silicones for a long time but I think I need them here and will purchase all new products once the ones I have are used up.

I am bunning every day with a hair stick. My ends look really good. I haven't trimmed since march.

Blessedwithabundance14

leiah I just had a baby 3 months ago. Congrats to you!
I am wearing my hair in braids and twists for low manipulation so I can retain as much length as possible. HL her we come!

Blessedwithabundance14

leiah I just had a baby 3 months ago. Congrats to you!
I am wearing my hair in braids and twists for low manipulation so I can retain as much length as possible. HL her we come!

marta9227

All the ladies who posted those awesome pics KNOW they need to post reggies or links to current reggies lol

brg240

thanks lucia!

oh my gosh ladies, I've been having more shedding for some unknown reason and I saw something about adding garlic to oil or your conditioner. I did both:look: and my shedding increased and my hair is so dry and it keeps breaking. :cry: i'm going to step away from diy stuff for a while

Lucia

thanks lucia!

oh my gosh ladies, I've been having more shedding for some unknown reason and I saw something about adding garlic to oil or your conditioner. I did both:look: and my shedding increased and my hair is so dry and it keeps breaking. :cry: i'm going to step away from diy stuff for a while

brg240

Sometimes during a season change we shed hair, mammals I mean in general.
when my hair sheds I do protein DC then Moisture DC right after. HTH

LaVgirl

9.23.12 length check :) The waistband of my skirt is sitting directly on my hip bones so I have about 1 - 1 1/2" left to reach hip length....in the back anyway lol.

I have a quick question: Has anyone here ever tried some type of yogurt deep conditioner? I think I want to try so I would love any feedback you can give.

Attachments

• Copy of 101_6680.jpg
    Copy of 101_6680.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 101_6678.jpg
    101_6678.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Copy of 101_6681.jpg
    Copy of 101_6681.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 196

leiah

LaVgirl - gorgeous!

I just bought some plain full fat yogurt today. Ill use some for cooking and the rest in my hair. Ive never used it before, I was thinking about mixing it with fenugreek and then shampooing because its going to stink.

regina07

UPDATE:
I'm not making HL by Dec 2012. I trimmed 3 inches today. And this is after a 2" trim in May and dustings since. Since my hair grows slowly, it looks like I'm back to my 2011 year end length (mbl? wl?).

My ends were a mess, over the summer I wasn't retaining length and the shedding had me worried I'd start seeing bald spots. I can't fight hormones and menopause!

On the good side, I have a serious frizz halo from new growth.

I can focus on weightloss while re-committing to growing healthy hair.

Attachments

• Oct 2012 2.JPG
    Oct 2012 2.JPG
    446.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Oct 2012 7.JPG
    Oct 2012 7.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Oct 2012.JPG
    Oct 2012.JPG
    371.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Oct 2012 8.JPG
    Oct 2012 8.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Oct 2012 6.JPG
    Oct 2012 6.JPG
    444.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Lucia

UPDATE:
I'm not making HL by Dec 2012. I trimmed 3 inches today. And this is after a 2" trim in May and dustings since. Since my hair grows slowly, it looks like I'm back to my 2011 year end length (mbl? wl?).

My ends were a mess, over the summer I wasn't retaining length and the shedding had me worried I'd start seeing bald spots. I can't fight hormones and menopause!

regina07
Somtimes if your trying to loose weight you may not be getting all the nutrients you need are you taking vitamins or having a protein shake at least 2 x a week cause working out means you burn up more nutrients.

Lucia

UPDATE:

regina07
Your hair is still pretty and long just get off the cutting wagon for a bit and you'll be fine.
Somtimes if your trying to loose weight you may not be getting all the nutrients you need are you taking vitamins or having a protein shake at least 2 x a week cause working out means you burn up more nutrients.

regina07

Lucia, BostonMaria -- thank you both for the encouragement and support! I've never been 'cut' leery because I always thought "it's hair! it grows" but over the past year I've lost that fearlessness.

I didn't want to cut it but seeing a strand of hair with 8-12 splits told me I had to. That's like keeping a dead pet alive just because you can't say goodbye!

Absolutely I want my hair to be HL! It's easy to grow to BSL but longer requires work. I haven't had hair this long since my teens and I'm now 50. I was too focused on the goal (growing my hair to HL/TBL) and not accepting that my menopausal body may not be ready for that. I mean, really, who wants 5 strands of TBL hair? I think I'm better with 20 strands of mbl hair.

Today my hair feels great -- ends are thick and smooth, "halo" was held down by eco-styler and bun felt soft and silky.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
UPDATE:

regina07

Your hair looks fab. You did a great job. Small investment in the health of your hair, honey. :yep:

BostonMaria

regina07 I think that the toughest part of growing hair past MBL is keeping those ends looking good. I also do self-trims and I've had to choose between being close to my TBL goal or cutting it back to WSL due to split ends.

I have been trying to get to TBL for like 2 yrs no lie LOL I think I might be like 1/2 inch away (not 100% sure because of shrinkage). If I get my hair professionally done I will know whether I'm there or not. I also know that my stylist is going to recommend a trim. Blah I don't wanna do it.

BY THE WAY, was reading your blog and OMG I want all of your Chanel purses!! You definitely don't look 50 at all. Your hair is gorgeous.

Lucia

NJoy
Love the new avatar pic.
I'm looking for that post of your BC and I still can't find it?
Can anyone post the link please.

regina07

um, I admit I have a chanel addition .... I think i'm up to 10 or 11 purses out of 80! taking pictures of all them is like caring for my hair! Too much time. thank you for the compliment about not looking 50 and about my hair.

I must say -- I haven't given my hair a 2nd thought. it's long enough to twist into a bun ... which is how I wear it 90% of the time. the other 10% I wear it out when I go visit 'my man' in kansas.

@regina07 I think that the toughest part of growing hair past MBL is keeping those ends looking good. I also do self-trims and I've had to choose between being close to my TBL goal or cutting it back to WSL due to split ends.

I have been trying to get to TBL for like 2 yrs no lie LOL I think I might be like 1/2 inch away (not 100% sure because of shrinkage). If I get my hair professionally done I will know whether I'm there or not. I also know that my stylist is going to recommend a trim. Blah I don't wanna do it.

BY THE WAY, was reading your blog and OMG I want all of your Chanel purses!! You definitely don't look 50 at all. Your hair is gorgeous.

NJoy - thank you for the support! you are one of hair idols and your BC was one reason I decided to let my raggedy ends go.:yep:

tiajanae

So I've been gone a while but I've really gotten down to business with this hair stuff! I've been doing the 2inches in 4 months challenge along with the MN 4 month challeng. Well needless to say, I may definitely be hitting my goal of hip length this year! The MN mix has worked really well for me giving me 1.5inches of growth in the last 2 months. My current length is 18inches and I'm trying to squeeze two more out before the year ends. May I also add that I've been using the hairfinity and MSM as supplements which I also think may contribute to the success I've been getting. I took my braids down yesterday and flat ironed last night. It was my first flat iron since June so needless to say I know there's been some growth because it took me twice as long to flat iron and my arms were super tired. Anywho, here's some updated pics! HHG :drunk:

Attachments

• 10.25.12 hair with markings.jpg
    10.25.12 hair with markings.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 10.25.12-2 02 hair.jpg
    10.25.12-2 02 hair.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 134

NaturalJael

According to my calculations, I grow just over .5 an inch per month. I need about 3 inches for WSL and about 5 for HL. So I'm setting interim goals of WSL by summer 2013 and HL by winter 2013. I need smaller goals to help me stay in track. Is anyone else setting interim goals??