Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

NikkiGirl

Janet' I am trimming every six months approximately. I didn't trim since last year this last time I trimmed in October and I had to take off an inch. I was starting to see damage. Uggh!

ManeStreet

Current Length: Just hit MBL, 3c/4a natural
Regimen: Protective styling with weaves, braidouts when not in weaves.
Plans: Will use Formaldehyde free BKT (haven;t used it before, newbie to it)
Hip Length Date: Dec 2012

JJamiah

Since @JJamiah tagged me I guess I'll join in as well. :spinning: Although with all of the setbacks I've had, it's gonna be an uphill battle.:ohwell:

:bighug: yay! :woohoo:

Since every one else @Nonie, @divachyk @NikkiQ all putting me on blast LOL
@Rossy2010 thanks mommy for not putting me on blast LOL
I tagged my friends so they could join in. :) @Janet' did you get tagged too LOL.

Awesome ladies :) I hope everyone reaches their goal for 2012

Last edited:

FoxxyLocs

Current Length: about 2 in. from HL (i think)
Regimen: shampoo 1-2x/mo, DC weekly, protein 1x/mo, blow dry 2x/mo, flat iron 1x/mo
Plans: still PSing most of the time - buns and updos; need to focus on babying my ends
Hip Length Date: March or April? Goal is TBL in 2012 so I'll be in both challenges

kami11213

Can I join?

Current length - WL
Regimen - Wash and deep condition wkly, protein monthly and protective style 90% of the time using wigs
Hoping to reach HL by December 2012

Starting pic

ManeStreet

Can I join?

Current length - WL
Regimen - Wash and deep condition wkly, protein monthly and protective style 90% of the time using wigs

Starting pic

I thought you were already hip length. Beautiful hair.

Janet'

Can I join?

Current length - WL

kami11213...Are you planning on trimming because it looks like stretched you are already HL, no?

We would love to have you but err, umm...you might need to move on over to the TBL Challenge--lol!

kami11213

My hair is uneven, some spots are mbl, some wl, some hl... most is wl though, so my goal is to reach full hl by the end of next year...

Ebony Majesty

Count me in!!

Current Length: Waistlength
Regimen: deep conditioning, protein treatments, steaming, protective styling
Plans: no cutting, only mini trims. monthly length checks... ladies please remind me! Lol
Hip Length Date: November 2012

Janet'

Great to see so many challengers!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just a gentle reminder--If you could please click the "thank you" button on the initial post, it will make it so much easier for me to keep up with names.

:bighug: :bighug: Thanks Loves!!!! :bighug: :bighug:

Carrie A

Hmmm I'm usually conservative with my challenges but I may join his one for a little push. I'm in WHIP as well.

Last edited:

brg240

Janet' I am trimming every six months approximately. I didn't trim since last year this last time I trimmed in October and I had to take off an inch. I was starting to see damage. Uggh!
I trim every six months too NikkiGirl good luck with your long transition. I can understand not wanting to cut until you reach a certain length, i'm doing that too.

Can I join?

Current length - WL

Starting pic
kami11213 you must have a long torso, cuz I'm looking at your pic and i see your waist and i'm like isn't that where her hips are. Also, you have such a nice shape.

kami11213

@kami11213 you must have a long torso, cuz I'm looking at your pic and i see your waist and i'm like isn't that where her hips are. Also, you have such a nice shape.

Thanks brg240! I don't have a long torso actully :ohwell: I'm 5'3 and have a very short torso...lol Most of my hair is at wl when I pull, some sections are hl... I just need for all of it to be at hl unstretched, that's my goal :yep:

Blessedwithabundance14

I am definitely in! My hair is finally growing again and is about 1.5" from the waist, so hopefully I can make hip at the end of 2012.

Current Length: MBL
Regimen: Wash every two weeks and bun it up or braid outs
Plans: To keep my hair as healthy as can be and leave it alone
Hip Length Date: 12/31/2012

Janet'

I am definitely in! My hair is finally growing again and is about 1.5" from the waist, so hopefully I can make hip at the end of 2012.

Regimen: Wash every two weeks and bun it up or braid outs
Plans: To keep my hair as healthy as can be and leave it alone
Hip Length Date: 12/31/2012

ShawnC I'll definitely add you! Can you please click the "thanks" button- it helps me keep up accurately with the number of participants!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
:woohoo: just because :)

Vitals

Current Length: Whip Length

Regimen: It comes and goes to often LOL, I will be wigging it until February or April of 2012, don't know what my plans are after.

Plans:
Hip Length Date: December 31, 2012 at 11:59:59

girl, did you tag me? :lol: thanks so much! i will be in next year....i'm not even whip length yet. :lachen:

i'll cheer and learn from the sidelines.....i'll be back to be inspired!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Can I join?

Current length - WL

Starting pic

Girl, your hair is gorgeous! :lick:

Janet'

Happy Sunday Ladies!!!! So, I'm still wearing my hair straight, but I am itching to wash and go so I can see what my color is looking like...plus, I am ready to go back to low-manipulation style mode so I can get these inches!!!! How are y'all doing today??

hannan

Yay! I'm excited! :yahoo:

Regimen: Shampoo 1x/week, DC 2x/week, braid, and bun.
Plans: Stick with my vitamins and henna every two weeks or so.
Hip Length Date: December 31, 2012! God willing. :)

Ms Lala

Can I join?

Current length - WL

Starting pic

You are WAY past WL, you already look HL to me. Some sections on the side look a little shorter but I think most would agree you are HL.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Happy Sunday Ladies!!!! So, I'm still wearing my hair straight, but I am itching to wash and go so I can see what my color is looking like...plus, I am ready to go back to low-manipulation style mode so I can get these inches!!!! How are y'all doing today??

Hey girl. Enjoying this clear weather. I always feel anxious to wet my hair after njoy'g it straight. I'm all paranoid about wearing my hair straight and having my ends exposed. I'm gonna need rehab to start wearing my hair out again. :lol: I'm hoping going longer will allow me to do long, luscious braidouts to avoid flat ironing. :yep:

Janet'

Hey girl. Enjoying this clear weather. I always feel anxious to wet my hair after njoy'g it straight. I'm all paranoid about wearing my hair straight and having my ends exposed. I'm gonna need rehab to start wearing my hair out again. :lol: I'm hoping going longer will allow me to do long, luscious braidouts to avoid flat ironing. :yep:

NJoy OMGee!! I feel the same freaking way...I know I am going to have to go through some type of re-introduction therapy to wear my hair out all the time!!! But the crazy thing is that when I'm wearing it straight, I know that I'm pulling on it, it's breaking off at least in my mind...:blush: :blush: :blush:

Shadiyah

NJoy OMGee!! I feel the same freaking way...I know I am going to have to go through some type of re-introduction therapy to wear my hair out all the time!!! But the crazy thing is that when I'm wearing it straight, I know that I'm pulling on it, it's breaking off at least in my mind...:blush: :blush: :blush:

OMG!!!!! the both of you sound like you need help I cannot think of the name but you love something so much that you don't want to touch it don't want anyone to see it. well isn't this what you been growing for??? let it all hang out ladies... we want to enjoy also LOL