Hip Length (HL) 2013 Challenge!!

tamm

Please don't give up SmilingElephant you still have 8 months to go. Just keep those ends covered, keep PS'ing and you will be there before you know it. Also through some MN in there that should keep you motivated if not, WE WILL :yep:

SmilingElephant

Well...I'll keep trying :eek:hwell_

I just hate getting my hopes up so high. I've been taking prenatals for the past month hopefully that and my annual growth spurt will get me close to Hip.

It just seems so far away.

Jewell

Checking in...im 3" from HL. Will definitely make it by December, but maybe even by September. Cowashing and wet bunning. No trims in 2013 for me. Found only one split after nearly 10 months of no trims. I think that's pretty good. Thankful for that.

tamm

April length, I don't know why the pics are so small if you know how to enlarge them please let me know

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

tamm

NJoy girrrrrrrl I didn't even think y'all could see the pictures they are so tiny I wish I knew how to make them bigger and Thank You for the compliment!!!

SelahOco

April length, I don't know why the pics are so small if you know how to enlarge them please let me know

If I had that hair and that body I would walk around just like that all the time. Shirt always pulled up and stretching my hair with one hand.

I'd just look at people like 'deal wit it.'

tamm

Whimsy don't do me, honey look at that TINY waist annnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd you JUST had a baby, Chile please!!! Thank You anyway :lachen:

SelahOco Thank You you are HILARIOUS!! now I'm trying to get over my hairarexia (I hope I spelled it right)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
omg @NJoy you're right! I was so mesmerized by the hair, I didn't even notice that flat belly.

Adding @tamm to my "Hate on her" list. :grin:

SMGDH

:lachen: Whimsy, you're a nut. :lachen: But I hear you tho. Makes me want to skip some meals or do some sit ups or something. Not even playin. *holding my tummy in as I type, hoping that's gonna help* :lachen:

Don't worry. I'm not hating tamm. I'm greatly Inspired....to get off my butt and do some zumba or something. You GO, girl! :yep:

SelahOco

I love looking at your pictures. Women like you all are the reason why I dont think my bsl hair is long. When I started I never thought I'd ever wanna grow past bsl, but now I look at your hair and imagine mine being as long.

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm gonna post my hair for anyone who remembers people by hair pics rather than screen names ( like me).

Attachments

• image-697027968.jpg
    image-697027968.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 100

tamm

SelahOco, your hair is so beautiful and shiny, its so rich and lush looking. I JUST got over my hairarexia, LOL. This is the longest my hair has EVER been (i know that's cliche, that's everyones mantra on here, but yet so true). I'm going to straighten my hair in June I cant wait to see what it looks like. At BSL you are someone's inspiration too!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have never clicked into this thread until now. I've always thought Hip length would be too much hair for me to manage. I get overwhelmed when it's waist length. So tell me, how do you ladies manage so much hair?

Whimsy

I have never clicked into this thread until now. I've always thought Hip length would be too much hair for me to manage. I get overwhelmed when it's waist length. So tell me, how do you ladies manage so much hair?

Well first off, if it wasn't for some of your products I doubt I'd be getting back to HL.

I do find it easier to just bun it and go when it's this long, and I stretch 2 weeks between wash days when I straighten (i know, i know)

Also, despite working out and getting my roots all curly, I find that wearing it straight while it's long is just a lot easier. Less detangling etc.

I'll be cutting it off soon, so I'll be back to the footloose and fancy free way of taking care of my hair. #easybutton

SelahOco

Well first off, if it wasn't for some of your products I doubt I'd be getting back to HL.

I do find it easier to just bun it and go when it's this long, and I stretch 2 weeks between wash days when I straighten (i know, i know)

Also, despite working out and getting my roots all curly, I find that wearing it straight while it's long is just a lot easier. Less detangling etc.

I'll be cutting it off soon, so I'll be back to the footloose and fancy free way of taking care of my hair. #easybutton

Do you straighten yourself?

Whimsy

Do you straighten yourself?

Oh hell yes. I don't want anyone near me w/ heat. There are very VERY few people I trust.

I wash DC, airdry in braids, then use my beloved maxiglide to straighten. I do slooooow passes down small bits of hair so I dont have to keep doing an area over and over.

As lil heat as possible works best for my hair health.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Wow, that's awesome! And love the 2-week stretch. That's speaking my language! :yep:

Lucia

AAAAAND a cute little body? Girl, you just stunted on us. :drunk: Go, girl!

She sure did :spinning:

If I had that hair and that body I would walk around just like that all the time. Shirt always pulled up and stretching my hair with one hand.

I'd just look at people like 'deal wit it.'

tied up shirts and hair always blown out and flipping it around too. :lol:

tamm
way to hide your hair ...and beachbody, go ahead mammi!

tamm

Lucia, thank you

Whimsy LOL!! :lol: I was going to be a straight natural too, but then I changed my mind when I started thinking about my workout schedule, which is 4-5 days a week so yeah, into buns my hair will be!!!

pre_medicalrulz naahhh you are just getting antsy, stay outta that hair and that dang mirror!!! You have 8 months left in this year claim it, claim it, claim it for 2013!!!! Some people might think its silly to ask God for hair, but I DID, shoot the bible say "ask and yea shall recieve", so I asked :look: (well it may not be that serious to you though :grin:)

hillytmj

@pre_medicalrulz naahhh you are just getting antsy, stay outta that hair and that dang mirror!!! You have 8 months left in this year claim it, claim it, claim it for 2013!!!! Some people might think its silly to ask God for hair, but I DID, shoot the bible say "ask and yea shall recieve", so I asked :look: (well it may not be that serious to you though :grin:)

I totally agree with you. I prayed my way to WL, so it does work. The Lord is concerned about everything the concerns us.

Great progress everyone. Very inspirational! :yep:

Blessedwithabundance14

I am checking in. I am about 1.25" away from HL and will be doing a length check this summer. I am really trying to go one full year with no heat, but we shall see. I have 4 kids, including a baby, so I am too lazy to even do my hair after taking care of my kids. Love the length checks ladies! Keep it growing:)

tamm

ShawnC girl that is NOT laziness, 4 kids are serious, and how many of them are girls WITH hair that you have to do. Chilllllllllleeeeee that ain't called laziness thats called GETTING BROKE OFFFFFFF (something proper):lachen:!!!

mayoo

Box braids, anyone?

I finally sat down for a whole day and did these box braids (no extensions).
Hope to have them in for about a month :)
Will continue to CW twice a week :) and moisturize every-day

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 61

Blessedwithabundance14

ShawnC girl that is NOT laziness, 4 kids are serious, and how many of them are girls WITH hair that you have to do. Chilllllllllleeeeee that ain't called laziness thats called GETTING BROKE OFFFFFFF (something proper):lachen:!!!

You are right! I have 2 girls with lots of hair, so I guess I should enjoy the little time I have not doing hair. Thanks for the encouragement!