Hip Length (HL) 2013 Challenge!!

Blessedwithabundance14

Okay I flat ironed my hair and did not do such a great job this time. Here is my length check for April. I am just grazing W'HIP length and I am about 1.5 to 2" from HL, so Lord willing will be there by December.

image-1520591474.jpg

image-125078416.jpg

image-210370878.jpg

Last edited:

ManeStreet

I trimmed another inch. So Im still at wl. I got about an inch of growth in April while I was in my box braids. Thanks to NJoy growth oil I got an increase in growth so the trim didnt set me back. Im getting a weave this weekend & I hoping for great growth. I trimmed off 3 inches over the last few months but it was needed.

SherylsTresses

I'm getting back on track to healthy hair. Still grazing WL (probably already there) again due to HBP meds so we'll see if I make HL by Dec 2013.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I'm curious to know if I'm still grazing WL as well. Haven't seen my length since Christmas. I'm praying there were no set backs that I haven't noticed when I get my next relaxer; which wont be for another 2 months.

ManeStreet

Still wl. Getting weave next week. I will probably stayed weaved up through the rest of the year with a few weeks break & a trim in between. It'll be about 3 weaves thru Dec

LaVgirl

I'm about 2" from HL, I soooo can't wait. I think I would have been further if I hadn't been so neglectful. :wallbash: But I'm going to start up my daily water rinses in the shower again now that it's warmer, weekly washes, etc and hopefully it will be okay.

I purchased some products from Oyin Handmade (they were raising their prices so I wanted to get in on it before then). Anyone try their product line? I got the Poo Bar, Whipped Pudding, Shine and Define, Juices and Berries, and Burnt Sugar Pomade. This past week I only used these products (besides the S&D). I hate the Whipped Pudding for moisturizing hair. In my opinion, it doesn't at all. My hair hasn't felt soft all week, it wasn't crunchy or hard hard but it just felt dryyyyy like nothing was on it! Even with the Juices and Berries I've been spritzing on it almost every day. When I washed today, I saw quite a few ends in the tub. :( I'm not a big product user but I guess I should just stick to what I know.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I'm about 2" from HL, I soooo can't wait. I think I would have been further if I hadn't been so neglectful. :wallbash: But I'm going to start up my daily water rinses in the shower again now that it's warmer, weekly washes, etc and hopefully it will be okay.

I purchased some products from Oyin Handmade (they were raising their prices so I wanted to get in on it before then). Anyone try their product line? I got the Poo Bar, Whipped Pudding, Shine and Define, Juices and Berries, and Burnt Sugar Pomade. This past week I only used these products (besides the S&D). I hate the Whipped Pudding for moisturizing hair. In my opinion, it doesn't at all. My hair hasn't felt soft all week, it wasn't crunchy or hard hard but it just felt dryyyyy like nothing was on it! Even with the Juices and Berries I've been spritzing on it almost every day. When I washed today, I saw quite a few ends in the tub. :( I'm not a big product user but I guess I should just stick to what I know.

When I 'm trying hit a goal...I get.a.bit.obsessive. So, I stick to what I know!:lachen:

Last edited:

Jewell

ShawnC girl you better than me. I have a 5 month old and a 4.5 yr old who will be 5 in July (2 kids) and Im exhausted all the time! My hair lives in a twist and under a scarf. Bless you for flat-ironing all that hair. I.just.cant. LOL...It's all I can do to wash/cw, apply leave-ins (LCOP/S), and let it air dry in a twist once or twice a week. Lovely hair, and I agree with tamm :yep:

Mid-yr update...I havent done an official length check since March when I realized I was 3" from HL. Not keen on doing another until Sept. so I can see what 6 mos of progress looks like. Otherwise, my hair is doing well.

Last edited:

Blessedwithabundance14

ShawnC girl you better than me. I have a 5 month old and a 4.5 yr old who will be 5 in July (2 kids) and Im exhausted all the time! My hair lives in a twist and under a scarf. Bless you for flat-ironing all that hair. I.just.cant. LOL...

I know exactly what you mean. My hair stays in twists 24/7 and only felt the need to flat iron due to family pictures. There is no way I would feel like doing this being so busy with 4 kids :nono: God is good and gave me the strength.

mayoo

:yep:Okay, so I feel like my hair hasn't een growing too much lately which means that it's time for another personal challenge :grin:

So I hereby promise to:

- Deep condition my hair EVERY wash day from now on. (probably with AOWC or AOGPB)

- Probably twist for a week and wear a twist-out on week 2

- Baggy my twists every night after applying coconu oil to ends

Until the 21st of June which will be the end of the SistaWithRealHair hair challenge on youtube

Wish me luck.... again :grin:

marta9227

I relaxed at 19 months post! I just couldn't take the Chaka Khan look anymore and I was spending so much in product and losing so much hair detangling that it was like a set back every week. I love the results!

Sent from my right hand- I mean my Note 2 lol

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I relaxed at 19 months post! I just couldn't take the Chaka Khan look anymore and I was spending so much in product and losing so much hair detangling that it was like a set back every week. I love the results!

We will be waiting for pictures marta9227

mayoo

Oh my goodness, in all my time using AOWC, I've never smelled anything like this... i think I was lucky before because this the two new bottles I got are FUNKY :/

I swear, this is the third worst smell I have ever come across (First is indigo, second is miso soup)

Am I going to use these bottles?? You darn skippy I am ... since I paid for them.

SMH

SmilingElephant

It dawned on me the other day that it has already been 3 months since i last flat ironed my hair. At that time i was MBL...im probably full MBL now. But i don't plan on straightening again until maybe August or September. I hope to at least be WL by the end of the year.

I only say that because i have been negelecting my hair for the past two weeks. I usually co wash every other day and shampoo and deep condition on the weekend. But i started slacking on that and just started shampooing, detangling and deep conditioning on the weekend...sometimes just cowashing and deep conditioning on the weekend. So i doubt i'll be hitting HL this year :ohwell:

I forgot how important it is for me to detangle at least every 3 days. My scalp was itching so bad...idk y but shed hair makes my head itch something fierce when i have too much of it. I detangled very thoroughly today and my scalp literally gasped for air and felt SO much better!

But this week im going to get back on my hair game:yep:

Lucia

Well I was a little lazy and it's hot outside ad I'm doing insanity workouts
so I didn't straighten my hair I did trim and I did do a stretched length check and Im probably grazing WL YES!!

marta9227

Must preface this by saying sorry, no pics. I know, I hate that too! But I just discovered that soaking wet I'm about two inches from hip! And I'm sorry but I count soaking wet lol! So I should definitely make it by year's end.

mayoo

I blow dried my hair two days ago and twisted it up just for a different look. Here's how it tured out + a length check :)
I think I'm grazing WL now:grin:

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 57