Hip Length (HL) 2013 Challenge!!

mayoo

Thought I'd update you ladies on my regimen, not quite sure what it was when I last posted it but I've pretty much gone back to basics and my hair is loving it!:yep:
New regimen:
Co-wash every 5-10 days
Detangle with tons of conditioner with fingers & wide-tooth comb
(had been using my fingers only up until a week ago but I think going back to the comb will be better for me. Finger detangling doesn’t really get all of the tangles…. And takes a lot longer)
DC for a couple of hours
Apply leave-in + Style in medium-large twists
(realised that there wasn’t a point to styling in small-medium twists when I only wear them for a few days + larger twists usually = less tangles for me)
Shampoo around every month

Products:
Shampoo-
Superdrug anti-dandruff shampoo
Head and shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo

Conditioner-
Tesco Smooth Coconut Conditioner
DC-
Aubrey Organics White Camellia
Leave-in-
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture

SN: I finally found a website where I can re-size pics :grin:So here are the ones that I couldn’t upload before :grin:

Attachments

• rsz_sam_0022.jpg
    rsz_sam_0022.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 141
  • rsz_sam_0026.jpg
    rsz_sam_0026.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 180

Lucia

And I thought I had shrinkage

Forever in Bloom

I'm not sure if I'll make HL by the end of the year, but I'll be okay with that. I straightened my hair on Sunday and am very satisfied with my waist-length hair. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm more than happy with this length right now :grin:

I will continue to take care of it, take my supplements, and buy it nice things.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I'm not sure if I'll make HL by the end of the year, but I'll be okay with that. I straightened my hair on Sunday and am very satisfied with my waist-length hair. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm more than happy with this length right now :grin:

I will continue to take care of it, take my supplements, and buy it nice things.

Congrats on reaching WL! I still wanna see pics! :)

Blessedwithabundance14

My husband helped me do a length check and I am 1/4" from HL and my shortest layer is MBL! I am really excited to claim HL by December:) that gives me plenty of time and a small trim.

Lucia

My husband helped me do a length check and I am 1/4" from HL and my shortest layer is MBL! I am really excited to claim HL by December:) that gives me plenty of time and a small trim.

ShawnC

WOW congratz you're almost there, looking good mammi :grin:

Lucia

Lucia

So ladies what are you going to do when you reach HL? I'm going to keep growing to TL and maintain Of course this goal is subject to change

marta9227

Flat Ironed after six months! Need to wrap it tonight to get rid of some of the bulk. I think I can make grazing hip by the end of the year if I really take care of my hair!

Sent from my right hand- I mean my Note 2 lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130904_114058.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130904_114058.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 214

tamm

It looks like you are grazing HL now!!!!! You mean you will be full HL maybe even TBL by the end of the year LOL!!!! Great Job, your hair is beautiful.

marta9227

tamm Thank you so much! No one IRL understands, they're just like "hey your hair's long" and I'm like "I'm x amount of inches away from hip length!" and they're like "OK? well, your hair's long" which is nice but only you ladies understand the length milestones and the attention to detail with routine and regimen and on and on... I love LHCF!

LaVgirl

I started the braid removal process yesterday and boy, oh, boy, takes me about 50 mins to unravel 10 braids... I'm doing a little each day so I won't get impatient and start ripping out hair. Anyway, I couldn't resist doing a little length check with the section I've taken out so far. And I think maybe I am grazing HBL! So excited to straighten in December! :spinning:

Attachments

• DSC00722.jpg
    DSC00722.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC00726.jpg
    DSC00726.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 244

marta9227

I started the braid removal process yesterday and boy, oh, boy, takes me about 50 mins to unravel 10 braids... I'm doing a little each day so I won't get impatient and start ripping out hair. Anyway, I couldn't resist doing a little length check with the section I've taken out so far. And I think maybe I am grazing HBL! So excited to straighten in December! :spinning:

You are there girl! Congrats!

Lucia

Nice progress
You will definitely be full HL by DEC

Naturelie

What a gorgeous head of hair LaVgirl!!

Ms. Tiki

I don't think I'm going to make it by Dec.:nono: I think I'm going to join the 2014 challenge also. this is my hair after my texlax about 2 weeks ago The top of my shorts is my hip. For some reason my elbows are at my hip and not my waist:perplexed

Attachments

• DSCI0958.jpg
    DSCI0958.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 121

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I don't think I'm going to make it by Dec.:nono: I think I'm going to join the 2014 challenge also. this is my hair after my texlax about 2 weeks ago The top of my shorts is my hip. For some reason my elbows are at my hip and not my waist:perplexed

Looking good!!!! :)

ManeStreet

I joined the 2014 challenge. I still 3 inches for hip length. I've been maintaining as waist length and trimmed my ends. I'm very happy with my thickness and my ends so maybe I will make hip by June

marta9227

Yeah I've still got an inch to go in a month and a half. It's possible, but I'm thinking I hit grazing in January.

ForumRunner_20131115_010634.jpg