!!Hip, Tailbone, Classic,and longer Club/Challenge!!

Mz.MoMo5235

i was almost there with yall til the thursday before halloween

i went from this

to this

off of what was supposed to be a trim lol

surprisingly enough, i didnt cry or get very mad. i was more disappointed than anything.

but if my growth stays consistent then this time next yr i should be full hp... or grazing at least

SmilingElephant

i went from this

to this

surprisingly enough, i didnt cry or get very mad. i was more disappointed than anything.

but if my growth stays consistent then this time next yr i should be full hp... or grazing at least

WHY did you cut it:sad:!

Did you do it yourself? I love your texture btw!:yep:

Lucia

i went from this

to this

wow that's alot of length you cut off. Was it a DIY and you went too far or did a stylist do it? You're hair still looks good BTW

Lucia

I don't know if I updated lately Sept 09 updates are in my fotki. I'm still at WSL but it's thicker and the front and sides have almost caught up with the back, I still have the V-shape. WSL straight/APL curly. My ponytail is a thick BSL now though love that :yay:

Mz.MoMo5235

no, i went and got it done... it was only supposed to be an inch or 2 and this is what i walked out with lol. i wish i would have done it my self.

Irresistible

i went from this

to this

aww , watch tho it will probably grow back so fast and thicker than before

thats what happened to me when I chopped

its still pretty! :yep:

Irresistible

congratz on the new length :woohoo:
your doing so great Lucia, I'm thinking of doing what you and Chicoro do and hold on to the longish ends to let the rest catch up, I KNOW its going to be hard to do when I straighten , the urge to trim them is fierce then for me to fight, I'm almost thinking I shouldnt straighten

but I see how letting the rest catch up does work, maybe if I 'dust' I will get it out of my system and it will be enough-crossing fingers

Last edited:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'm joining this challenge. I have along way to go maybe 2.5 to 3 yrs, but I have faith. My ultimate goal is full tailbone. I really feel that's all I will be able to handle. I'm in for the long haul.

Last edited:

Lita

i went from this

to this

Your hair is still very pretty..(I know the feeling) that happend to me before..

Happy Hair Growing!

lilanie

I'm probably a little past eyebrow length; my goal is waist (in about three years). I'll post what I'm working with in january

I am so encouraged looking at all these gorgeous heads!

Mz.MoMo5235

lol thanks guys. i'm thinking i should be a little past where i was by this time next yr... i plan on going hard in 2010! lots of water, vitamins, protein and exercise!!! also plenty of buns!!!

nakialovesshoes

After a trim in June & negligence, I'm barely skimming BSB. The longest my hair has ever been was relaxed full BSLto skimming MBL. I find that my hair thrives with low to no mani routines so I've decided to do just that to reach my goal. Thing is I don't know what my goal is. 1st I thought BSL was enough until I came to LHCF. Then I thought I'd be okay with WL but after spending the last few hours in this thread, I think HL would be nice, or what I would like to call Tramp Stamp length. So I'm in. My hair is average when it comes to growth so I'm some years off but you ladies have definitely inspired me.

Iris I've been Fotki stalking you for years. I LOVE your hair.

Lucia

your doing so great Lucia, I'm thinking of doing what you and Chicoro do and hold on to the longish ends to let the rest catch up, I KNOW its going to be hard to do when I straighten , the urge to trim them is fierce then for me to fight, I'm almost thinking I shouldnt straighten

but I see how letting the rest catch up does work, maybe if I 'dust' I will get it out of my system and it will be enough-crossing fingers

When Chicoro explained what she did and I actually tried it and stopped chasing blunt hair I made super fast amazing progress. Dusting is the best I don't loose length and I keep the splits away. I'm going to eventually get a real trimm to even up but not unitl I'm satisfied with the length. Oh and your hairs really growing like a weed now, and looks thick and shiney love it. :hugs:

winnettag

lol thanks guys. i'm thinking i should be a little past where i was by this time next yr... i plan on going hard in 2010! lots of water, vitamins, protein and exercise!!! also plenty of buns!!!

Ditto to that! (plus geting in all my fruits and veggies daily)
2010 is going to be a good year for my health and my hair!

*Muffin*

When Chicoro explained what she did and I actually tried it and stopped chasing blunt hair I made super fast amazing progress. Dusting is the best I don't loose length and I keep the splits away. I'm going to eventually get a real trimm to even up but not unitl I'm satisfied with the length. Oh and your hairs really growing like a weed now, and looks thick and shiney love it. :hugs:

This is my problem. I'm chasing rainbows and delusional fantasies of having thick, blunt hair when my hair actually grows in layers, and nice layers at that! So I'm just going to work with that. I may trim blunt every year or so.

As of right now I'm deep conditioning my hair, dreaming of Tailbone length hair :cloud9:.

*Muffin*

Oh yeah, and I plan on achieving my TBL goal mainly by stretching my relaxers to every six months, limiting any kind of shampoo usage (Lemon Juice and Baking Soda work well), Cleansing/Conditioning/Deep Conditioning only once a week. I recently figured out my hair retains length better when I just leave it alone instead of co-washing it frequently.

sunnieb

Subscribing...

My initial goal is WL, but I've been thinking of going longer. I'm only APL now, so I have a ways to go. However, I mostly wear buns, bantu knot outs, and bantu knot out ponytails so why not rock Tailbone length hair or longer? I can already picture myself with a curly/wavy ponytail that rests at MBL. Hmmmmmm.....

Embyra

*backs out slowly knows her heart is not ready to see no tailbone length hair when she isnt even waist length*:lachen:

schipperchow1

I know that some here are already at or past hip length, but would anyone be interested in joining me in my quest for hip length stretched in 2010? We could do check ins at the solstices (at least that's when I do my length checks) with Dec 21 as the starting length. I'm currently hovering between midback & waist stretched. HHG!

goldielocs

I know that some here are already at or past hip length, but would anyone be interested in joining me in my quest for hip length stretched in 2010? We could do check ins at the solstices (at least that's when I do my length checks) with Dec 21 as the starting length. I'm currently hovering between midback & waist stretched. HHG!

That's fine with me. I plan to keep mine under wraps next year anyway. I'll remeasure in a few weeks. I'm a WL with a classic length goal.

schipperchow1

Hi GoldieLocks! :wave: Thanks for joining me.
I saw the other challenges going up for 2010 & knew I was kind of in this one. Hopefully, others will join us. If not, Cichelle & Flowerhair had success with just the 2 of them. I've been wearing my hair out a lot the past 2 months, straightened, WnGs & twistouts.:look: I may join the winter bun challenge to get me out of this...I used to be the bun lady so will go back to my assortment of hairsticks:yep: I don't have a regimen per se & my goal is tailbone stretched. After I reach that goal, I will decide if I want to continue on to classic:think: