!!Hip, Tailbone, Classic,and longer Club/Challenge!!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
:grin:
Hi GoldieLocks! :wave: Thanks for joining me.
I saw the other challenges going up for 2010 & knew I was kind of in this one. Hopefully, others will join us. If not, Cichelle & Flowerhair had success with just the 2 of them. I've been wearing my hair out a lot the past 2 months, straightened, WnGs & twistouts.:look: I may join the winter bun challenge to get me out of this...I used to be the bun lady so will go back to my assortment of hairsticks:yep: I don't have a regimen per se & my goal is tailbone stretched. After I reach that goal, I will decide if I want to continue on to classic:think:

Even though we can't join you, many of us are subscribed to this thread and dreaming of long lengths! :grin: Keep posting for inspiration!

Lucia

This is my problem. I'm chasing rainbows and delusional fantasies of having thick, blunt hair when my hair actually grows in layers, and nice layers at that! So I'm just going to work with that. I may trim blunt every year or so.

As of right now I'm deep conditioning my hair, dreaming of Tailbone length hair :cloud9:.

Yeah it's easier to cut 1 or 2 inches off after you've reached goal, than before. I just wear my hair in lose waves/curls, loose buns at night or caruso setter when it's straight I don't go for the dead straight look that's the look that needs a defined u shape or blunt.

schipperchow1

Wavezncurlz, aren't you MBL now? If we can dream, it we can attain it. I just need to keep my eyes on the goal. I also want this thread to stay alive. Others have inspired me who have already reached the lengths that I am growing toward so it keeps me motivated.:yep:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Wavezncurlz, aren't you MBL now? If we can dream, it we can attain it. I just need to keep my eyes on the goal. I also want this thread to stay alive. Others have inspired me who have already reached the lengths that I am growing toward so it keeps me motivated.:yep:

yeah. Seeing the updates from all of you really help. It's cool to see such healthy heads of beautiful hair!

Bene

Ooooh, I'm working my way to tailbone, but I've got another year or so to go. Subscribing!

curlycue

I'm at waist now and my next goal is hip. I don't have my measurements right now but will post later.

schipperchow1

So these are the inspirational ladies aiming for hip in 2010:yay::clap::
1. Bene
2. Classic Beauty
3. curlycue
4. GoldieLocks
5. Schipperchow1
6. Toy
7. Winnettag
??Wavezncurlz - are you in too?

There are no "rules" per se just do what works for Your hair and continue to support each other on our healthy hair growth journey.

Progress/length check in dates:
Dec 21, 2009 - Official Start date
Mar 20, 2010
June 21, 2010
Sep 22, 2010
Dec 21, 2010 - Official End Date (possible start of tailbone 2011?)

Happy hair growing!!

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
1. Bene
2. curlycue
3. GoldieLocks
4. Schipperchow1

There are no "rules" per se just do what works for Your hair and continue to support each other on our healthy hair growth journey.

Mar 20, 2010
June 21, 2010
Sep 22, 2010

Happy hair growing!!

Girl, I'll lurk! I need to get to WL first!:lachen:

F8THINHIM

I will be a consistent lurker of this thread!!! :grin: I keep touching and playing in my tailbone length hair, and boy is it heavy ...... and then I wake up! :lachen:

I am about BSL but will have to cut back since I stretched for 5 months and didn't detangle properly. I lost two fistfuls of hair (newgrowth with straight ends attached :wallbash: ) - Lesson Learned!! :spinning:

Thanks for the inspiration! I will stalk fotkis and learn from the best!

*Muffin*

I'll be doing a length check in January. I'm so ready for it XD. I actually pressed my hair last week, and it grew. It seemed to be close to BSL, but not quite. That's why it stinks being tall sometimes. Takes forever to hit goal points, :grin:. But I'll check again in January and post pics.

winnettag

I know that some here are already at or past hip length, but would anyone be interested in joining me in my quest for hip length stretched in 2010? We could do check ins at the solstices (at least that's when I do my length checks) with Dec 21 as the starting length. I'm currently hovering between midback & waist stretched. HHG!

I'll join you too! I hope to be at WL by the end of the year, but I might not be able to post starting pics until Jan 2nd.

ClassicBeauty

1. Bene
2. curlycue
3. GoldieLocks
4. Schipperchow1

Mar 20, 2010
June 21, 2010
Sep 22, 2010

Happy hair growing!!

I want to join! I'm waistlength now, so maybe I can get to hip by the end of 2010. I'll be sure to post a length picture by Dec 21.

Just one question... can we start a group or a new thread for this challenge?

schipperchow1

Yeahh!!:trampolin:yay: 3 more inspirational ladies on the grow to hip.

welcome Toy, Winnettag & ClassicBeauty to the Hip Length 2010 Challenge.:hiya:

I will make a new thread since we now have 7 people up for this challenge and a few lurkers:yep:

Last edited:

Starr1

My hair has just started brushing classic in the last few weeks, but it's not nearly thick enough for me to claim full classic- I'm hoping that I'll be where I want to be by May.

Lucia

My hair has just started brushing classic in the last few weeks, but it's not nearly thick enough for me to claim full classic- I'm hoping that I'll be where I want to be by May.

What, what? that's great progress, I'm claiming classic for you.

Lita

You are CL...Congrats...Claim It!

lalaland88

I want to join! :)

I am currently @ the start of WL and my hair in the back is 15 inches and in the front 19 (I'm quite short so that why my hair reaches WL @ only 15 inches). I'm trying to grow my hair 24 inches all around which will take me to a few inches past tailbone.

I realised that I only retain 3 inches a year, but recently I've changed my regimen and have been getting about 1/2" a month now! :)

I take hair vitamins w/ biotin and also take MSM, started drink more water and exercising!

I still do the same w/ my hair, like moisturise daily, protein treat it bi-monthly and sleep with a satin pillow case, because scarves don't stay on my head!

Well, I'm very excited and am confident that this will be successful! :)

HHG!

mariofmagdal

Full or not, CLASSIC is AWESOME! I am sure you will reach your goal!

Candy828

Please add me to the list! :yep: I am currently waist length. I am taking one goal step at a time. Next goal I am shooting for is hip length. My biggest challenge has been retention. But, since I implemented my new haircare plan, I am not lossing anymore hair on my ends. Now I am focusing on fullness. I will post pics when I return from vacation......

schipperchow1

:thud:Will you stop at classic or keep growing? How do you wear your hair? What are your tips?

Candy828

Well gang! I decided to press my hair today because I wanted an accurate measurement since I was starting this challenge and will be taking a photo so I could post it when I get back from vacation. The result is that the longest part of my hair is already at hip length! My hair grows fast anyway, but since I have been trying a new haircare routine, my hair is growing about 3/4 inch per month. I use to trim every 3 months, but since last year June I don't do that anymore. Instead I clip out any bad hair I find on a weekly basis. Then I have someone I trust only clip any stray hair to make my hair look even. I found this method online and it seems to work very well for letting hair catchup and fill in when you have suffered from previous retention problems. Because my hair grows fast, instead of going for tailbone length I will say the next stop for me is classic length. But I will still post my hair photos when I return from vacation. I will continue to support the hip length ladies!:yep:

Hair Type: 3b/c

hillytmj

Well gang! I decided to press my hair today because I wanted an accurate measurement since I was starting this challenge and will be taking a photo so I could post it when I get back from vacation. The result is that the longest part of my hair is already at hip length! My hair grows fast anyway, but since I have been trying a new haircare routine, my hair is growing about 3/4 inch per month. I use to trim every 3 months, but since last year June I don't do that anymore. Instead I clip out any bad hair I find on a weekly basis. Then I have someone I trust only clip any stray hair to make my hair look even. I found this method online and it seems to work very well for letting hair catchup and fill in when you have suffered from previous retention problems. Because my hair grows fast, instead of going for tailbone length I will say the next stop for me is classic length. But I will still post my hair photos when I return from vacation. I will continue to support the hip length ladies!:yep:

Hair Type: 3b/c

Congrats on making HL!

GoldenBreeze

Okay, so l'm nowhere near these lengths, but l'm joining this challenge. I figure I can be at hip length in 3-4 years - too optimistic? I'll have a better gauge of my growth when I do my next length in January.

As long as you know you want it, and continue to work for it. You are welcome in this thread. I think I was only a little longer than you are now when I joined this thread. What better place for a budding hip lengther to hang out than with a bunch who have already attained it. I'm not in that group yet either. I'm a little way from WL.

----------------------

Hey ladies,

I'm so happy to see even more of you reaching HL and beyond! Wow, what a difference a few months makes.

Haven't been on the board since the end of Oct 2009. Had a tough health issue to deal with. I don't know how much length I've retained for this year due to the last couple of months illness, but I'm so greatful to my dedicated cousin who dealt with my hair throughout those months. If it were not for her, I think I would be back to SL. That's no joke. Working now to get my hair together and flat ironed for a length check and a pic.