Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
CURRENT LENGTH: MBL (see avatar picture)

REGIMEN

DAILY: Scalp massage, GHE & LCOB.
WEEKLY: Pre-poo overnight with AVJ spritz, DC, CW length, scalp scrub, reconstruct, R/O with ACV & moisturizing conditioner OR
Pre-poo overnight with AVJ spritz & oil, DC, shampoo scalp, CW length, reconstruct, R/O with ACV & moisturizing conditioner
MONTHLY: Use detox DC or add detox to DC, mix ayurvedic powder with DC & invert the 1st week.
FALL/WINTER: Protective style with wigs.
SPRING/SUMMER: Low manipulation styles (ponytail wigs, 2 strand twists, wash 'n go's, puffs, buns, twist/braid outs & updo's).

NOTE: I alternate between moisturizing & protein liquid leave-ins and DCs.

EXACT GOAL LENGTH: Classic length.

PLANS TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL: Maintain my hair regimen and become consistent with a healthy lifestyle.

LIST ANY VITAMINS/SUPPLEMENTS YOU ARE TAKING: I take a multivitamin & vitamin D daily.

YOUR ENDS CARE REGIMEN TO KEEP THEM HEALTHY: I butter/oil them daily.

TRIMMING/DUSTING/S&Ding SCHEDULE/ROUTINE: I dust quarterly by the lunar calendar, if needed.

TOP 10 PRODUCTS: I am a product junkie, so I will be using a variety of products during this challenge.

@trclemons You rock wigs so well. Welcome to the challenge and happy hair growing!

long.hair.dont.care

The title of this thread is what my dreams are made of... :cloud9:

Current length:
BSB, I've got a long way to go... I really hope I can make it.

Regimen:
longterm protective styling (minimum 3 weeks)
-daily: scalp messages, moisturise and seal
-weekly: hot oil/prepoo, shampoo, deep condition
-monthly: invert, bentonite clay, light protein treatment, black tea rinse

Exact goal length:
TBL! Ideally, I'll be be WL by Dec 2017 and TBL in Dec 2018

Plans to help you achieve your goal:
Promote growth (scalp massages) and retain growth (m&s, finger detangle with love, minimize shedding)
Im also interested in trying a henna treatment or a bkt.

List any vitamins/supplements you are taking:
biotin (2500 mcg) & multivitamins

Your ends care regimen to keep them healthy:
M&S like my life depends on it; keep my hair stretched; detangle patienly; trim/dust accordingly.

Trimming/Dusting/S&D'ing schedule/routine:
(I suggest you start off with a 1/4 inch dusting. Going forward, trim the same amount every 6 months. We will be working a lot on our ends during this challenge, so I plan on keeping them in tip top shape)
I usually do a combination which is trim once and dust twice a year (april, august, december)
Depending on how my ends act I want to try trimming or dusting twice a year instead (may & november) we'll see!

Top 10 products:
Wild Growth Hair Oil (detangle)
Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil (prepoo)
SheaMoisture Chamomile & Argan Oil Baby Head-To-Toe Wash & Shampoo
TRESemmé Perfectly Undone Conditioner
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Masque (DC)
Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner (protein)
Water + oil + ACV + KKNT in a spray bottle
Virgin Hair Fertilizer (scalp massages)
SheaMoisture JBCO Leave-In Conditioner
A variety of oils

Last edited:

Daina

@trclemons I've seen charts that say it is half of your body...like this one:

View attachment 376515

I consider Classic to be right where your bootie meets the thigh...at least on myself...like this one:

View attachment 376513

@lulu97, thanks for these visuals as I have always been a little confused as to where each length actually is...based on these I am definitely going to join as I think my hair is between MBL and WL now. I always pictured WL to be where TBL is. Here is a picture from September is my assumption on where I am correct?

Attachments

• 20160926_161756.jpg
    20160926_161756.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
The title of this thread is what my dreams are made of... :cloud9:

Current length:
BSB, I've got a long way to go... I really hope I can make it.

Regimen:
longterm protective styling (minimum 3 weeks)
-daily: scalp messages, moisturise and seal
-weekly: hot oil/prepoo, shampoo, deep condition
-monthly: invert, bentonite clay, light protein treatment, black tea rinse

Exact goal length:
TBL! Ideally, I'll be be WL by Dec 2017 and TBL in Dec 2018

Promote growth (scalp massages) and retain growth (m&s, finger detangle with love, minimize shedding)
Im also interested in trying a henna treatment or a bkt.

biotin (2500 mcg) & multivitamins

M&S like my life depends on it; keep my hair stretched; detangle patienly; trim/dust accordingly.

(I suggest you start off with a 1/4 inch dusting. Going forward, trim the same amount every 6 months. We will be working a lot on our ends during this challenge, so I plan on keeping them in tip top shape)
I usually do a combination which is trim once and dust twice a year (april, august, december)
Depending on how my ends act I want to try trimming or dusting twice a year instead (may & november) we'll see!

Top 10 products:
Wild Growth Hair Oil (detangle)
Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil (prepoo)
SheaMoisture Chamomile & Argan Oil Baby Head-To-Toe Wash & Shampoo
TRESemmé Perfectly Undone Conditioner
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Masque (DC)
Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner (protein)
Water + oil + ACV + KKNT in a spray bottle
Virgin Hair Fertilizer (scalp massages)
SheaMoisture JBCO Leave-In Conditioner
A variety of oils

@long.hair.dont.care Welcome to the Challenge Sis. I love that you mentioned that you plan to "finger detangle with love". I want to do the same. It's easy for me to be a little rough with finger detangling so I'm going to remind myself of your quote when I feel myself getting to that rough stage. Thanks for the tip!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@lulu97, thanks for these visuals as I have always been a little confused as to where each length actually is...based on these I am definitely going to join as I think my hair is between MBL and WL now. I always pictured WL to be where TBL is. Here is a picture from September is my assumption on where I am correct?

@Daina You are correct. You are in between MBL and waist but closer to waist from what I can tell. Your hair is lovely. Do you mind sharing any tips on what you have been doing and how you have been successful thus far?

Daina

I've completed all the pre-work! Been working on my overall body and hair health since late last year.

Current length: MBL pic in previous post
Regimen: Co-cleanse and DC weekly with heat or steam. Shampoo once per month; protein(Komaza) or Aphogee 2-minute reconstructor every 2 weeks. Aphogee 2 step every 12 weeks. Styling is braid/twist outs 2 weeks per month. Bun or french braid 2 weeks per month. Only flat iron 3-4 times per year. This year will be 3. Moisturize and seal multiple times per week.

Exact goal length: Between WL and HL

Plans to help you achieve your goal: Continue current regimen, tweaking products seasonally as needed.

List any vitamins/supplements you are taking: Hair La Vie vitamins, Chlorella, Spirulina, Vit D, Omega 3. Growth aid's are Xcel 21, scalp oil mix of EVOO, JBCO and pepermint oil

Trimming/Dusting/S&D'ing schedule/routine: Only trim as needed about 2-3 times per year. I don't trim on a schedule but as my hair needs it

Top Ten Products:
Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle
Komaza Pona hair and scalp treatment
Komaza Protein Stengthener
CRN almond jai twisting butter
CRN curl maker gel
Komaza strengthening oil for ends
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
Macadamia Natural Oil deep conditioner
Vatika Black Seed hair masque
Olaplex
Wen 613
The biggest game changer for me was going to a limited almost no heat regimen. Going to Dominican salons severely damaged and thinned my hair. I've been natural 9 years but was a straight haired natural for most of that time. I love my curls and my hair has really thrived. Getting a Komaza hair analysis was also a game changer. Most of all I've learned patience with lots of prayer. My hair will get to the length it's supposed to when it's supposed to...no sooner no later. There are times I miss my length so when I do I straighten. I don't fear heat I've just learned to use it wisely and with lots of protection.

Looking forward to learning and growing with you ladies!

Last edited:

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
That's MBL???:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

U Look WL
I was thinking the same thing, if that's MBL then I'm still APL!!!:lachen:
I think where your left elbows is, would be the beginning of your hips. You can see where you start to widen back out.

Waist length should begin. At the bottom of your rib cage and it looks like you are past that.

Whew! Thank God for discernment. I was like I'm not reaching MBL until 2019 :lol:. @pre_medicalrulz your hair is perfect :love:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I want to join but my hair is only apl. I need to retain every inch from now to Dec 2018 to reach my goal length :cry3:

Stalker..I mean, lurker here!
HL is my personal goal but I still haven't adjusted my regi enough to feel that I'll make it in two years. I'll come back in December to put my name in the hat.
In the meantime, sending HHG vibes to you ladies! :)

@Napp @MzSwift We will be ready to support you both if/when you decide to join. :2inlove:

caliscurls

Ready to do this!

1. Visit your doctor - check! I have this done every Spring.

2. Reduce your stress. Done!

3. Improve your diet and water intake. I'm generally a very healthy eater but I really need to drink more water. Diet-wise my new goal is to eat more veggies for snacks and incorporate more fish in my diet. I used to be really good at this but have slacked off.

Current length:

Regimen:
  • 24/7 Loose twist wearer usually in a bun or braid. Wash, protein and DC at least every other week. D.C. The ends only on off weeks.

Exact goal length:
  • Tailbone

• Staying on top of the 3 pre-challenge items for the duration
  • Paying attention to my hair, i.e. not getting complacent and slacking off my routine and catching signs of issues when they occur.
  • Being consistent with my routine
  • Detangling with less of a need for perfection

• Performix™ Women's 8HR Time-Released Multi
  • Performix™ SST GLOW (this is for my fitness goals)
  • Premium Gold Flax Products, Inc. 100% Natural True Cold Milled® Golden Flaxseed
  • Saw Palmetto

• Trim .5 inch every 4 to 5 months.....going to put a reminder in my calendar right now

Top 10 products:
  • Komaza Pona Hair and Scalp Treatment
  • Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve Herb Garden shampoo bar
  • Komaza Protein treatment
  • Jessicurl Deep Treatment
  • Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee ( this is my regular moisturizer)
  • My Honey Child Type 4 Hair Creme (winter sealing)
  • Qhemetic Biologics Aethiopika Butter (winter dealing)
  • Bekura 7 fold butter - general sealing all other times of the year as needed, I have a good stash to last through 2017 (it's now discontinued :( )
  • Bekura Java Bean and Honey Balm to smooth edges as needed

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Ready to do this!

1. Visit your doctor - check! I have this done every Spring.

2. Reduce your stress. Done!

3. Improve your diet and water intake. I'm generally a very healthy eater but I really need to drink more water. Diet-wise my new goal is to eat more veggies for snacks and incorporate more fish in my diet. I used to be really good at this but have slacked off.

Current length:

Regimen:
  • 24/7 Loose twist wearer usually in a bun or braid. Wash, protein and DC at least every other week. D.C. The ends only on off weeks.

Exact goal length:
  • Classic

• Staying on top of the 3 pre-challenge items for the duration
  • Paying attention to my hair, i.e. not getting complacent and slacking off my routine and catching signs of issues when they occur.
  • Being consistent with my routine
  • Detangling with less of a need for perfection

• Performix™ Women's 8HR Time-Released Multi
  • Performix™ SST GLOW
  • Premium Gold Flax Products, Inc. 100% Natural True Cold Milled® Golden Flaxseed

• Just cut about 1.5 inches and plan to trim .5 inch every six months now.....going to put a reminder in my calendar right now

Top 10 products:
  • Komaza Pona Hair and Scalp Treatment
  • Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve Herb Garden shampoo bar
  • Komaza Protein treatment
  • Jessicurl Deep Treatment
  • Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee ( this is my regular moisturizer)
  • My Honey Child Type 4 Hair Creme (winter sealing)
  • Qhemetic Biologics Aethiopika Butter (winter dealing)
  • Bekura 7 fold butter - general sealing all other times of the year as needed, I have a good stash to last through 2017 (it's now discontinued :( )
  • Bekura Java Bean and Honey Balm to smooth edges as needed

@caliscurls Welcome to the challenge Sis. I'm happy to see my buddies from the hip 2016 challenge continue to roll in. :auto:

GabbyABaby

Pre-work done! I just had my yearly physical. And I've upped my water intake and fixed my diet in order to regulate my BP.

Current length:
Waist length

Regimen:

Continue current regimen -
  • Wash, DC, airdry then flat iron (300° F) 1x/week (alternating protein & moisture DC each week and using my steamer)
  • Moisturize, seal, and wrap with a silk scarf nightly
  • Finger comb lightly in the morning
  • Relax every 8-10 weeks
Exact goal length:
Hip length

• Consistency - stick to my routine and products that work for my hair
  • Using the comb less and finger detangling for less breakage
  • I've realized that stretching past 10 weeks only causes excessive shedding and breakage for me. Also I never wear protective styles, but I'm very gentle with my hair. So the amount of breakage per week I get is the same as when I constantly wore protective styles. If anything I notice more breakage and SSK's when my hair is not straightened since it's texlaxed.

Manetabolism

Dusting 0.25-0.5 in. every 8 weeks

Ends care regimen
Keeping hair stretched to avoid SSKs and stick to dusting schedule to fix problem area in the middle (caused by breakage due to single strand knots :().

Top 10 products:
Chi Silk Infusion
Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor
GVP Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
Jojoba Oil
Castor Oil
Infusium 23 Moisturizing Conditioner
Doo Gro Triple Strength Moisturizer
L'Oréal EverCreme Cleansing Balm

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Pre-work done! I just had my yearly physical. And I've upped my water intake and fixed my diet in order to regulate my BP.

Current length:
Waist length

Regimen:

Continue current regimen -
  • Wash, DC, airdry then flat iron (300° F) 1x/week (alternating protein & moisture DC each week and using my steamer)
  • Moisturize, seal, and wrap with a silk scarf nightly
  • Finger comb lightly in the morning
  • Relax every 8-10 weeks
Exact goal length:
Hip length

• Consistency - stick to my routine and products that work for my hair
  • Using the comb less and finger detangling for less breakage
  • I've realized that stretching past 10 weeks only causes excessive shedding and breakage for me. Also I never wear protective styles, but I'm very gentle with my hair. So the amount of breakage per week I get is the same as when I constantly wore protective styles. If anything I notice more breakage and SSK's when my hair is not straightened since it's texlaxed.

Manetabolism

Dusting 0.25-0.5 in. every 8 weeks

Ends care regimen
Keeping hair stretched to avoid SSKs and stick to dusting schedule to fix problem area in the middle (caused by breakage due to single strand knots :().

Top 10 products:
Chi Silk Infusion
Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor
GVP Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
Jojoba Oil
Castor Oil
Infusium 23 Moisturizing Conditioner
Doo Gro Triple Strength Moisturizer
L'Oréal EverCreme Cleansing Balm

@GabbyABaby Welcome to the challenge Sis. So very happy to have you here. :2inlove: