Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, all! I hope this post finds you well.

Health/Weight
I'm on Day 4 of the Cabbage Soup Diet. So far so good. I had a few cheats such as a Jason's Deli Mediterranean wrap (340 calories) one day and some healthy chips another day, but I'm still consuming waaaaaaaaaay less calories than otherwise, and I can tell I'm dropping a little weight.

Hair
The good: The last 4 days have been low-manipulation, which is good for me as I like to practice styling perhaps a little too often for someone aiming to grow her hair. I was able to de-frizz my twist-out-turned-ponytail-with-side-bang via the Mielle Organics edge gel!!! Good deal! :up:

The not-so-good: I'm feeling a little overwhelmed due to my own busyness: Too much hair stuff in the house.

I wrote this at another thread:
I used a gift certificate to buy some peppermint oil, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, and fenugreek seeds.

I'm supposed to be organizing my hair products and purging. I don't even want to look at all the spots where I've got stuff stashed. I just want to pretend like my little bathroom wall cabinet is my entire hair product world.

I know I'm not going to throw/give products away because if I'd done that with my APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle or Camille Rose Naturals Style Setter, I'd still be purchasing and trialing for a protein-free DC and a styling butter . . . and these two products turned out to be GREAT for my hair on the second use. I have to keep products around until I'm sure they're a fail.

Y'all, I really cannot buy anything else. There's not even time to try all this stuff. Coconut oil, castor oil, and EVOO have to be it for the YEAR. Besides the SM hipo masque if I'm having a hair emergency or something, no reups even.

I have to shut her down. :cry4:

I'll tackle it all soon. :yep: Having too much stuff is not my thing. I only do this with hair stuff and books, thank goodness. :meditate:

NaturalShe94

Hi, all! I hope this post finds you well.

Health/Weight
I'm on Day 4 of the Cabbage Soup Diet. So far so good. I had a few cheats such as a Jason's Deli Mediterranean wrap (340 calories) one day and some healthy chips another day, but I'm still consuming waaaaaaaaaay less calories than otherwise, and I can tell I'm dropping a little weight.

Hair
The good: The last 4 days have been low-manipulation, which is good for me as I like to practice styling perhaps a little too often for someone aiming to grow her hair. I was able to de-frizz my twist-out-turned-ponytail-with-side-bang via the Mielle Organics edge gel!!! Good deal! :up:

The not-so-good: I'm feeling a little overwhelmed due to my own busyness: Too much hair stuff in the house.

I wrote this at another thread:
I used a gift certificate to buy some peppermint oil, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, and fenugreek seeds.

I'm supposed to be organizing my hair products and purging. I don't even want to look at all the spots where I've got stuff stashed. I just want to pretend like my little bathroom wall cabinet is my entire hair product world.

I know I'm not going to throw/give products away because if I'd done that with my APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle or Camille Rose Naturals Style Setter, I'd still be purchasing and trialing for a protein-free DC and a styling butter . . . and these two products turned out to be GREAT for my hair on the second use. I have to keep products around until I'm sure they're a fail.

Y'all, I really cannot buy anything else. There's not even time to try all this stuff. Coconut oil, castor oil, and EVOO have to be it for the YEAR. Besides the SM hipo masque if I'm having a hair emergency or something, no reups even.

I have to shut her down. :cry4:

I'll tackle it all soon. :yep: Having too much stuff is not my thing. I only do this with hair stuff and books, thank goodness. :meditate:

What are the protein free products you use??? Almost every product I have is more "strengthing" over moisturizing and I want to get some protein free products... Can't figure out what to get though...

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Mannn...youtube makes everything look so easy and will have you thinking you can do all kinds of thangs! :lol: After watching 50 videos :look: I took the plunge and did these stitch braids. I'm really not a braider plus I'm a lefty so you can imagine how torturous this was! Gonna keep them in for a minimum of 2 weeks after all the sweat and arm fatigue that went into this.

View attachment 396551

You did an awesome job! They are so pretty!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
What are the protein free products you use??? Almost every product I have is more "strengthing" over moisturizing and I want to get some protein free products... Can't figure out what to get though...

I'm having the hardest time finding protein-free products on the ground.

I'm pretty sure the following items below that I have are protein-free:
  • Annabelle PerfectBlends Protein-free Marshmallow Root . . . DC (from Etsy.com)
  • Annabelle PerfectBlends Ultra Conditioning Soufflé (from Etsy.com)
  • Bekura Beauty's Y.A.M.
I don't think I have anything else that is, and I'm surprised by that.

So I'm in the same boat as you: I'm looking for a protein-free DC that I can purchase OTG.

Last edited:

NaturalShe94

I'm having the hardest time finding protein-free products on the ground.

I'm pretty sure the following items below that I have are protein-free:
  • Etsy.com's Annabelle PerfectBlends Protein-free Marshmallow Root . . . DC
  • Etsy.com's Annabelle PerfectBlends Ultra Conditioning Soufflé
  • Bekura Beauty's Y.A.M.
I don't think I have anything else that is, and I'm surprised by that.

So I'm in the same boat as you: I'm looking for a protein-free DC that I can purchase OTG.

I think I saw that Marshmallow Root DC thingy you mentioned on google when I was searching, can't remember the brand though....
I did come across TGIN Honey Miracle Hair Mask and I also came across AsIAm Hydration Elation Intensive Deep Conditioner on Naturally Curly in the Protein-Free section as well as the AsIAm Coconut Co-wash.... Think I will go searching for those this weekend....

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I think I saw that Marshmallow Root DC thingy you mentioned on google when I was searching, can't remember the brand though....
I did come across TGIN Honey Miracle Hair Mask and I also came across AsIAm Hydration Elation Intensive Deep Conditioner on Naturally Curly in the Protein-Free section as well as the AsIAm Coconut Co-wash.... Think I will go searching for those this weekend....

:yep: Mm! I forgot about that TGIN mask. I have a tiny sample of it. From one use on a small section, it seemed good!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair feels longer than it was 2 weeks ago. I've been eating clean and hitting the gym almost everyday. I also started doing an overnight coconut oil treatment once a week before wash day.

I eat a lot of raw fruit and veggies. I cut out gluten (for the most part). So far I have lost 6lbs

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
My hair feels longer than it was 2 weeks ago. I've been eating clean and hitting the gym almost everyday. I also started doing an overnight coconut oil treatment once a week before wash day.

I eat a lot of raw fruit and veggies. I cut out gluten (for the most part). So far I have lost 6lbs

That's awesome. I switched to a plant based diet (well around 90% LOL) a few months ago and I swear I feel the best that I've ever felt in my life. Skin just-a-glowing, hair just-a-thriving and even at 5 months pregnant..I haven't gained a single pound.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Oh my, I never realised! Mine is also in May, on the 19th though. I'm well @lulu97 and time does fly. I can't believe mine will be 3 this year as well!!!

I'm loving all of the May babies in here! Mine is May 21st! :)

I'm currently waiting on DH to take lunch so that I can blow dry and start my flat iron. I hope it turns out OK and DH can take some good pix. Fingers crossed!

Mine and the little one's special day is the 25th. We need to have an online party to celebrate all these birthday's! LOL

As far as what we are doing:
We are having a small family get together on our backyard deck. (Mostly for the little one) Hubby is grilling, we are pulling out the water slide/pool for the kiddo's and later that night we are making s'mores around the fire instead of having a cake. Nothing fancy. Just family and fun. All I requested for myself were flowers...I just love fresh cut flowers! Do you Ladies have any plans?

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Wow @lulu97! You won't need any time to snap back. Are you able to exercise too?

Kinda sorta. I was doing Pilates 3 times a week, but pulled a muscle in my groin area (I hate saying groin LOL) and the doctor told me to stop Pilates for 6 weeks and let it heal. It was my 2nd time pulling that same muscle and she was afraid it would tear if I did not let it heal properly. Well 6 weeks have passed and it still bothers me from time to time, so I still haven't resumed Pilates.

So the only exercise I get to do is walk. I consider it exercise since I'm pushing my toddler in his jogger stroller and it kinda wears me out after 30 minutes.

I'm still pretty small. Most people can hardly tell I'm pregnant unless I'm wearing something form fitting. I really only look pregnant with my clothes off...otherwise I just look a little bloated. LOL

image.jpg

MzSwift

Wow, @lulu97 you look great!! You'll definitely be able to keep up with two little ones and have that snapback!! It's been two months for me and there is no snap for me. LoL

Your cookout sounds like it'll be a lovely time!
DH's birthday is May 10th and our wedding anniversary is on the 27th. We're gonna go to the family lakehouse for one big celebration during Memorial Day weekend. No big plans but it's a nice getaway and the grandparents get to see the grandkids.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Wow, @lulu97 you look great!! You'll definitely be able to keep up with two little ones and have that snapback!! It's been two months for me and there is no snap for me. LoL

Your cookout sounds like it'll be a lovely time!
DH's birthday is May 10th and our wedding anniversary is on the 27th. We're gonna go to the family lakehouse for one big celebration during Memorial Day weekend. No big plans but it's a nice getaway and the grandparents get to see the grandkids.

Thank you!

Your plans sound like fun! It's nice to get away from the kiddies from time to time and just enjoy your union. Every time we do a husband/wife getaway, I somehow come back pregnant! :blush: :eyebrows2::giggle: