Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
@lulu97 Yes, I am still protective styling under wigs! I stopped for the last 2 weeks do to habing some hair fall on my edges (the right side was completely bald). I fell back on 2 strand twist and now my edges are looking pretty good. So now Im going back under the wigs for the rest of the year. I am adding in CP growth oil mix (with a few added extras). Im sure the regamin worked for me so I going to keep pushing forward. I have to make it to WL by the end of the year or at least Feb of next year.
Thank you every one for the support. (I really dont even feel like MBL. I want to start wearing my hair out once I comeplete my goals.
BTW: The wedding planning is coming along well. Im still having fun and not stressed!

beauti

I really like this summer wig

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Health/Fitness/Body/Weight
This morning I did Just Dance (Xbox) with our 7 year old. I could only do 2 songs before I was completely tired! I will build up my cardiovascular strength and health. :yep: I absolutely love this activity: It is so win, win, win!

I ate vegan today, again. Still loving it and the way my body feels. I'm still doing intermittent fasting by eating between 7:30 AM and 3:30 PM and the rest of the time only drinking.

I want to do something that is yoga with great music. I don't know if I can find that, though. I'm looking at Piyo to see what that's about.
Hair
It is washed, detangled, deep conditioned, and chunky twisted under my black Slap Cap. Ends are lubricated with Jakeala's Shea Amla Parfait. Edges are treated with Asha and Miel Edge Genesis ULTRA Oil.

I need to stop avoiding styling: I really, really, really want to try the flat twist out styling method I posted above. Being a newbie flat-twister is what's stalling me out. ;)

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Health/Fitness/Body/Weight
  • Yesterday I did 30 minutes on the elliptical at the house.
  • I'm still eating vegan and absolutely loving it.
  • I'm still eating on an intermittent fasting shedule.
  • Still taking my chewable chorella/spirulina tablet.
  • I'm still getting less water than I want an being less consistent with my multivitamin than I want. I know it's because it requires taking 3. I love these vitamins, but next time I'm purchasing the one-a-day version, though it is less powerful, I believe. I figure I'll get more out of not missing a day than taking the 3 here and there.
Hair
Currently wearing a twist out, with some of the hair having been flat-twisted and some of the hair having been a regular 2-strand twist. I styled it with Jakeala's Shea Amla Parfait.

Also, last night I massaged my DIY CurlyProverbz Ayurvedic Hair Growth Oil into my scalp with my electronic scalp massager. :up:

WP_20170905_017 - headshot - Copy.jpg

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Yesterday I did Just Dance 2017 on the XBox calorie burning ode. Excellent workout, and so fun. I'm about to do it again. Our 7-year old is going to be so outdone at my improving my dancing "behind his back" when my scores start increasing when we dance together (i.e. against each other). :sekret: :shhh: :giggle: :smile:

:cry4:My ends need trimming. Last trim was November 2016, when I lost a LOT of inches. My ends have the normal wear and tear, thinning, and SSks that come over time. I guess I need to try and self trim: I'm sick of salon mishaps.

My ends tangled a bit last wash-and-style day, and I was concerned enough to apply a DC (a new-to-me sample I had of that SM grapeseed one heavy with ceramides) and put my hair into twists. I've had them in for 2 days now, under my asymmetrical wavy bob wig. I need to figure out how to make the part look more authentic, and I'm thinking about de-asymmetry-ing the wig. :smile: Otherwise, this wig always comes through when I'm in a pinch. :yep:

WP_20170908_012 - Copy.jpg

beauti

ok so I ended up banding my hair all the way down to the ends to air dry and my hair was 90% dry by end of the day, which is usually unheard of for me! I will keep doing it this way on wash day bc my curls love each other too much and produce so many tangles!

today I decided to flat iron my hair and um...yeah it didn't turn out too well! my flat ironed results looked worse than my usual blow dry! I know what I did wrong plus my hair has gotten extremely thick and I just didn't feel like getting it super sleek. so I just did half my head and the other half I will just continue to band to keep stretched until wash day.

I did trim my ends an inch all the way around and these pictures are my after results. i definitely gained 3 inches (not including what i trimmed) since the last time I posted progress pics in April :spinning:

I believe I'm a good 3 inches away from waist length. don't know if i will make that by end of the year, I would have to really go hard in order to do it!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Health/Fitness
Did Just Dance with the 7 year-old. I was winded so early! I gotta keep improving my cardio. I'll get there. It was a fantastic work out. Fun, family, and fitness all rolled into one.

Hair
Still wearing the current twist-out. It came out beautifully. I will retwist it tonight instead of letting it shrink into a wash-and-go. I did my scalp and edge massages. My goal is to do them 3x a week: Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. I'm using the DIY CurlyProverbz Ayurvedic Oil on my scalp and Asha & Miel Edge Genesis ULTRA Oil on my edges.

tapioca_pudding

I really think I will surpass APL by Xmas.... lemme put that out there into the Universe for fulfillment.
I need to stop BSing and do a length check before the end of the month so I can know how far I am from APL. Just haven't felt like it lol. In my head Im pretty close but of course photos don't lie. My last length check was in May and I was about an inch away. I got a light trim in June, so I dunno where that put me. Maybe I'll just wait until Xmas and see where I am, iono...... Just ready to get past this milestone and on to the next.

Aggie

@pre_medicalrulz
Praying that you and your babies are okay. Irma, didn't look too nice...
She wasn't. I live in the Bahamas and our islands in the southern end took a beating but most of the islands were okay, thank God. She had tornadoes inside her too which made it doubly worse. Up until Irma, I never heard of hurricanes carrying tornadoes inside them and certainly not in Bahamian waters. What in the world is going on with the weather around the world.

My heart's cry tonight is Oh Lord Jesus, please come!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
She wasn't. I live in the Bahamas and our islands in the southern end took a beating but most of the islands were okay, thank God. She had tornadoes inside her too which made it doubly worse. Up until Irma, I never heard of hurricanes carrying tornadoes inside them and certainly not in Bahamian waters. What in the world is going on with the weather around the world.

I'm happy to hear that the Bahamas didn't take a hit, but she lives in South Florida.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.

This makes me itchy. My skin feels so uncomfortable reading this. Glad you're okay.

Daina

Wanted to share a progress pic, my husband has a special event coming up and he is so over my bun that he asked me to straighten my hair for his special night. His event is tomorrow so I will finish tonight but late last night I partially air-dried and then blow-dried on low. Got too tired so just did a half-up/half-down for work. Decided to do a quick length check even though it's not completely straight. I trimmed a pretty decent amount 2 months or so ago and have been using my CP oil and I think I'm closer to WL than I thought. I will check again once I straighten cause my roots were super puffy. The belt in the picture is around my waist.

Attachments

• 20170913_174655.jpeg
    20170913_174655.jpeg
    887 KB · Views: 79

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
ok so I ended up banding my hair all the way down to the ends to air dry and my hair was 90% dry by end of the day, which is usually unheard of for me! I will keep doing it this way on wash day bc my curls love each other too much and produce so many tangles!

today I decided to flat iron my hair and um...yeah it didn't turn out too well! my flat ironed results looked worse than my usual blow dry! I know what I did wrong plus my hair has gotten extremely thick and I just didn't feel like getting it super sleek. so I just did half my head and the other half I will just continue to band to keep stretched until wash day.

I did trim my ends an inch all the way around and these pictures are my after results. i definitely gained 3 inches (not including what i trimmed) since the last time I posted progress pics in April :spinning:

I believe I'm a good 3 inches away from waist length. don't know if i will make that by end of the year, I would have to really go hard in order to do it!

Yes!!!!!! Sis, I see you!!