Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

AgeinATL

@AgeinATL :hiya: I've been busy with work but I still lurk here and there though like now :look:. Thanks! This was a braid out done on stretched hair . I've been wearing it out more but will soon go back to my usual twisted buns.

I don't think I 'll make WL this year. I cut my hair a lot due to all the tangles/ssk's :rolleyes:. Hopefully next year.

Girllllll. Story of my life. I have been getting better at minimizing ssks on my ends. I heavy seal, I twist until I get about 2 inches from the end, I smooth the ends with a fine tooth comb (carefully), and I wrap the ends around a satin covered roller or spoolie roller. My ends seem to be doing much better and I don't have nearly as many knots. If I had made this discovery sooner, I would have reached HL by now!?!?!

Daina

@AgeinATL :hiya: I've been busy with work but I still lurk here and there though like now :look:. Thanks! This was a braid out done on stretched hair . I've been wearing it out more but will soon go back to my usual twisted buns.

I don't think I 'll make WL this year. I cut my hair a lot due to all the tangles/ssk's :rolleyes:. Hopefully next year.

I agree with @AgeinATL, your new avatar looks really pretty!

Daina

So my husband was so happy when he saw the finished product when he got home! He has been touching my hair and smiling. I'm glad I straightened it based on his urging and hopefully I can maintain it for a few weeks. Hate to see his face when my curly bun comes back...perhaps I'll throw another heat session in before the end of the year for him. We are off to the reception, I will ask hubby to get a good pick for me and post later.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Hey Pretty Ladies! It's been a hot minute so just checking in.

I'm still pregnant! LOL Today is my due date and baby is still all snug and comfortable but showing a few signs of getting ready to make his appearance. I'm 3 cm dilated however my cervix is 0 percent effaced so not enough to be admitted for labor and delivery. I am in no pain and still feeling pretty good overall.

I am enjoying reading all your updates. @beauti @Daina I see you! Making great strides and hair looking like perfection. @flyygirlll2 Please don't stay away too long and continue to show us all that beautiful thick hair of yours. Your avatar is beautiful.

My hair is doing well. I'm on auto pilot so not much to update there.

I'll check back in soon!

snoop

I'm still pregnant! LOL Today is my due date and baby is still all snug and comfortable but showing a few signs of getting ready to make his appearance. I'm 3 cm dilated however my cervix is 0 percent effaced so not enough to be admitted for labor and delivery. I am in no pain and still feeling pretty good overall.

I am enjoying reading all your updates. @beauti @Daina I see you! Making great strides and hair looking like perfection. @flyygirlll2 Please don't stay away too long and continue to show us all that beautiful thick hair of yours. Your avatar is beautiful.

I'll check back in soon!

I hope that you don't have to wait too long! Wishing you a speedy and healthy delivery.

faithVA

I'll check back in soon!
May you have a beautiful delivery.

Daina

I'll check back in soon!

@lulu97, hey momma! First thank you so much, you were the reason I joined this thread! I thought WL and beyond were definitely out of reach for me this year. Thanks for the inspiration! Many prayers and blessings on a safe delivery for you and lil one. God bless sis!

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Congrats on WL @Daina !
I hope delivery goes smoothly, @lulu97 !

I'm stopping by to drop some styled hair pictures from vacation. I wound up trimming a good bit. I think maybe an inch or two after these pictures. My hair did not like something to do with the blow drying process. I also wound up returning the Revlon Styler to discourage myself from blow drying more often. But my hair is doing really well after the trim and I don't Feel the lost length so it's all good.

Anyway here we go:

Two days after the blow dry. I was Really feeling my hair.
lhcfedit.png

A week after the blow dry. You can actually see the henna in my hair toward the bottom.
21371030_10154789636416643_5661386922807716274_n.jpg

Alma Petra

Congrats on WL @Daina !

I'm stopping by to drop some styled hair pictures from vacation. I wound up trimming a good bit. I think maybe an inch or two after these pictures. My hair did not like something to do with the blow drying process. I also wound up returning the Revlon Styler to discourage myself from blow drying more often. But my hair is doing really well after the trim and I don't Feel the lost length so it's all good.

Anyway here we go:

View attachment 410691

A week after the blow dry. You can actually see the henna in my hair toward the bottom.
View attachment 410687

:love::love::love:

nyeredzi

Congrats on WL @Daina !

Anyway here we go:

View attachment 410691

View attachment 410687
You look really lovely

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Let me just lurk in order:
@Aggie and @pre_medicalrulz glad you ladies are ok and doing well. Last few years in NY, we are always watching hurricanes as they have the potential to become superstorms for us. Irma was a really big deal and seemed like she was out for vengeance. And that tornado stuff? I blame global warming :look:

@Daina congrats. Your hair is beautiful.

@flyygirlll2 your hair of beautiful. I want you to stop lurking. Like @AgeinATL I heavy seal and it lessens the ssks. I also mechanically detangle maybe 1x every of 2-3 months and clip my ends right before (if I wait 3 months). I stick with finger detanlging or just rinsing conditioner out while keeping the twists intact. Then heavy sealing the same twist.

@lulu97 that baby ain't ready and letting you know!

@Colocha beautiful hair and outfit! Slay!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Congrats on WL @Daina !

Anyway here we go:

View attachment 410691

View attachment 410687
I love your hair. It looks so thick and luscious.

Daina

Congrats on WL @Daina !

Anyway here we go:

View attachment 410691

View attachment 410687

Thank you! Your hair looks beautiful and I love the outfits!!!

Daina

Let me just lurk in order:
@Aggie and @pre_medicalrulz glad you ladies are ok and doing well. Last few years in NY, we are always watching hurricanes as they have the potential to become superstorms for us. Irma was a really big deal and seemed like she was out for vengeance. And that tornado stuff? I blame global warming :look:

@Daina congrats. Your hair is beautiful.

@flyygirlll2 your hair of beautiful. I want you to stop lurking. Like @AgeinATL I heavy seal and it lessens the ssks. I also mechanically detangle maybe 1x every of 2-3 months and clip my ends right before (if I wait 3 months). I stick with finger detanlging or just rinsing conditioner out while keeping the twists intact. Then heavy sealing the same twist.

@lulu97 that baby ain't ready and letting you know!

@Colocha beautiful hair and outfit! Slay!

@Saludable84, thanks sis! Now how bout you stop lurking and come on inchere with all that pretty juicy hair of yours!!!!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I just cut back a little due to WNG and ssk, but this is my length: MBL.
IMG_2309.JPG

This is not my length check bra for BSL. WL is a hard length for me because it's roughly 6 whole inches and with cutting and regular damage (can't help it) it's hard to get it in a full year. October is my 4yr nappiversary.

I hope to be there by the end of the year, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Also want to add that I believe full length checks are more reliable when the hair is fully wet, and in the shower, I actually am WL.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84 Looks like you're closing in on WL :woot:. Hmmmm... I never thought about doing length checks when the hair is fully wet :scratchchin:. My hair shrinks so much wet I just always went with the pull test on dry hair.

Yes ma'am. I actually thought about that earlier this year and another poster mentioned she only believes true length on natural hair when it's fully wet when you get the least shrinkage. In the shower, that same area reaches my waist :look: