Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

Alma Petra

I have achieved some sort of a weird milestone. I was able to make 4 teeny tiny braids out of my twa, 2 on either side of a side part, and pin them to the side of my head with multiple pins. Even though it doesn't look cute but I'm very happy because I can now stop wearing my weird twa out and instead keep the hair more protected, and hopefully wash it (and strip it) for restyling less often.

tapioca_pudding

Random length check... APL is such a confusing length to me. Is it at the top of my pit? Is it when all of my hair has surpassed my pit? Is it when the first strands touch mid-pit? :drunk: :lol:

In other news, my hair looks fuller which I'm happy about.

Last edited:

tapioca_pudding

So according to this handy dandy chart below, APL is when the hair touches the top of the pit. But I've seen some ladies post photos of their hair well beyond the top the pit asking it's APL and others are like, "Just a few more inches sis..." :huh:

beauti

Well I've been a busy mixtress today. I made a tea base of hibiscus, rosehips, stinging nettle, and horsetail, steeped overnight.

I then made a gel of marshmallow root and slippery elm.

Then I made flaxseed gel using 2 cups of the tea mixture. Once I strained the flaxseed gel I combined it with a cup of the marshmallow gel and added raw honey, fresh aloe gel, and some oils.

I took a cup of the hibiscus tea and combined half cup of marshmallow gel to make a leave-in. I added a tablespoon of mielle organics oil to this.

LASTLY :spinning: I made a dc of fresh pumpkin, one ripe avocado, one container banana baby food :look:, raw honey,some oils, and the last of the tea mix as well as the remainder of the marshmallow gel.

Let me just say the marshmallow and slippery elm produced such thick mucilage I cant wait to use all the products I made with this, including my flaxseed gel!

At the moment I have bentonite clay in my hair and I can't wait until the wash process!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@flyygirlll2

I’ve been meaning to ask/suggest: have you thought of doing a semi-short term protective style like twist, leave them in for about 2 weeks and just style them up or back or however presentable and see how that works with the ssks?

I had quite a few this last wash day and it’s totally my fault. I used straight aloe as a Moisturizer and then just bunned, so my hair was a tangled mess. However. Twist and sealing don’t have the same effect. Also, I noticed when I twist my hair all the way to the end, it’s tangles more.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@flyygirlll2

I’ve been meaning to ask/suggest: have you thought of doing a semi-short term protective style like twist, leave them in for about 2 weeks and just style them up or back or however presentable and see how that works with the ssks?

I had quite a few this last wash day and it’s totally my fault. I used straight aloe as a Moisturizer and then just bunned, so my hair was a tangled mess. However. Twist and sealing don’t have the same effect. Also, I noticed when I twist my hair all the way to the end, it’s tangles more.

Yes, I’m actually doing that now. Since it’s semi straight now, I braided it and put spoolie rollers on the ends. My ends are nicely stretched now. Yeah, I mainly twist/braid until the last inch or so or else it’s a tangled mess. I plan to leave it for two weeks and just moisturize when needed.

My hair being semi straight right now is a much welcomed relief :2inlove:. I envy those who don’t have issue with this stuff.

Last edited: