Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@ElevatedEnergy congrats on the new milestone!!! :congrats:

Can I ask: what product are you setting with? Also, how do you wrap your hair to get it further stretched?

Thanks!

@Colocha Thank you! I usually set with a water bottle that has a squirt of conditioner in it on clean hair. I finger comb out the curls and cross wrap if I want it to show length. But it usually takes a few days of doing this.

For this last particular set that I'm referring to, it was unplanned and done on dry hair that was already stretched and airdried in braids. I had large amounts of oils and butter in my hair leftover from my DC, so my hair was weighed down from that as well.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
@Colocha Thank you! I usually set with a water bottle that has a squirt of conditioner in it on clean hair. I finger comb out the curls and cross wrap if I want it to show length. But it usually takes a few days of doing this.

For this last particular set that I'm referring to, it was unplanned and done on dry hair that was already stretched and airdried in braids. I had large amounts of oils and butter in my hair leftover from my DC, so my hair was weighed down from that as well.
Thank you!

faithVA

I've reached a new milestone with my length. My Day 1 roller set is grazing hip length..puffy roots and all. It usually takes about 5 days of wrapping my hair for the length to start creeping down there but I'm getting that length on Day 1 now!

I honestly don't think I'll be allowing my hair to grow longer once my roller sets and the braidout done on roller set hair gets to tailbone. I'll start maintaining there, trimming the back lower half of my hair and allowing the crown and bangs to catch up with it.

I'm not concerned with the overall length (when I pull it) because I'm not walking around pulling and stretching my hair when I go out. (It still is at the bottom of my butt) I'm more concerned about the length of my hair when I wear my favorite styles and I definitely don't want that to go past my TBL.
AMAZING! I can't even imagine :lol:

And I still keep forgetting this is you. Lawd, I need a vacation. I was trying to figure out who this new person is and why she wasn't showing us a picture of this long hair :nono: You're trying to send me to therapy. :lol:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I would post it but I'm not honestly not comfortable showing it with my bootie all in the picture. I was gonna post it yesterday but kept feeling uneasy about it so I decided to just go with my gut.

I just finalized my Black Friday list for hair shopping yesterday and decided this morning just to skip BF shopping all together. My tablet was on its last leg and decided to go ahead and give up the ghost and head to electronic heaven this morning. I'm going to spend those coins on a new IPad instead.

What y'all getting for Black Friday?

tapioca_pudding

I would post it but I'm not honestly not comfortable showing it with my bootie all in the picture. I was gonna post it yesterday but kept feeling uneasy about it so I decided to just go with my gut.

I just finalized my Black Friday list for hair shopping yesterday and decided this morning just to skip BF shopping all together. My tablet was on its last leg and decided to go ahead and give up the ghost and head to electronic heaven this morning. I'm going to spend those coins on a new IPad instead.

Sis ignore us, you know we don't have proper decorum when it comes to uber lengths of hair :lol: :kiss: :love: The innanet is dark and full of terrors.

I was in the other thread where you all were discussing Vatika frosting so I'm trying to decide if I'm going to try for some of that on BF. That's pretty much all I want at the moment. Oh and maybe more ayurveda powders but there's an indian store close to me so that's not a huge priority. I'm kinda just chillin' this year.... :yep:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Sis ignore us, you know we don't have proper decorum when it comes to uber lengths of hair :lol: :kiss: :love: The innanet is dark and full of terrors.

I was in the other thread where you all were discussing Vatika frosting so I'm trying to decide if I'm going to try for some of that on BF. That's pretty much all I want at the moment. Oh and maybe more ayurveda powders but there's an indian store close to me so that's not a huge priority. I'm kinda just chillin' this year.... :yep:

LOL I know my sisters mean well! And y'all know I share pictures all the time...I think I may be the most picture sharing member on here...but I have my limits. LOL

I wish my Indian Market had a better selection of powders. They have henna galore but the other powders are questionable. They have the Hesh brand but it looked as though someone had rubbed the expiration dates off all the boxes. I was like ohhhhh heyal to the nall!

tapioca_pudding

LOL I know my sisters mean well! And y'all know I share pictures all the time...I think I may be the most picture sharing member on here...but I have my limits. LOL

I wish my Indian Market had a better selection of powders. They have henna galore but the other powders are questionable. They have the Hesh brand but it looked as though someone had rubbed the expiration dates off all the boxes. I was like ohhhhh heyal to the nall!
I completely understand!! :yep:

Yeah there are two markets near me... one is on the up and up but the other one is shady, looks like someone's kitchen cupboard. I don't trust nothing in there LOL.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Way to follow your gut. :yep: Now if your gut changes its mind, I'm here for it!

I think the only thing I really "need" to try is that Bask & Bloom Brahmi mask that @PJaye mentioned in that 1st annual hair awards thread. I could always use standing dryer, but I can wait.

@Beany shared that Carols Daughter's thing (91 cents each for the rhassoul mask, shampoo, and conditioner), and I got 8 items. If they're not great, I can doctor them up with oil and ayurvedic powders.

After that haul and my Henna Sooq purchases, I just need to quit. :yep: The B&B DC is okay because I just discovered that my hair loves DCs with honey, and it has honey plus brahmi plus lots of other great goodness.

I will purchase more Henna Sooq CoVeda shampoo bars at some point.

shanelallyn30

Im with you on this one! there is no need for booty flicks. we all will get to some crazy length one day. solution: just keep your clothes on. lol

Way to follow your gut. :yep: Now if your gut changes its mind, I'm here for it!

I think the only thing I really "need" to try is that Bask & Bloom Brahmi mask that @PJaye mentioned in that 1st annual hair awards thread. I could always use standing dryer, but I can wait.

@Beany shared that Carols Daughter's thing (91 cents each for the rhassoul mask, shampoo, and conditioner), and I got 8 items. If they're not great, I can doctor them up with oil and ayurvedic powders.

After that haul and my Henna Sooq purchases, I just need to quit. :yep: The B&B DC is okay because I just discovered that my hair loves DCs with honey, and it has honey plus brahmi plus lots of other great goodness.

I will purchase more Henna Sooq CoVeda shampoo bars at some point.

Taleah2009

What's vatika frosting and do I need it?

Nini90012

Thanks!! :kiss: I remember wet bunning was huge back in the day but my crown always suffers breakage because it's my weakest section. I can't find a hair tie that would prevent damage. So I only do it in rush situations such as today. But it's hella convenient and easy....

Oh so I used the Aphogee leave-in in the pink bottle after cowashing, then added Qhemet Biologics AOHC mainly to my ends. I use Wetline gel to smooth my edges.
Hello. Try the puffcuff. They are awesome! No more breakage for me.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
We are approaching the end of the year and I hope you all have smashed your goals! Before the year is out, I will be updating the thread title. Switching it from 2017-2018 to 2018-2019. Therefore keeping it a revolving 2 year challenge. I figured it would be easier to keep this thread with a history of all our challenges/success.