Hip /Tailbone club anyone?

Vintagecoilylocks

With so many lady's hitting waist or have already hit waist this year, I would like to connect with some lady's seeking or are already at hip/tailbone and longer. These lengths do bring a new dimemsion to hair care, styles and attitude. I am nursing a crown layer currently past my waist to catch up with the rest at tailbone.

I love my hair this long. I do hope for longer but if not I want to keep it as beautiful as possible. Just want to hear your feelings on your long hair , experiences, goals and things you are doing to keep it. check in any time with thoughts and great discoveries of your hair.
For me I am 5ft.6inches and tailbone/hip is approx. 34 1/2 inches from top of my head and 38 inches from my front hairline.

I love wearing it in a braid down or braided buns. I have tried some of the braids from dreamweaver braid site and they are great. The five plait is so interesting. Wrapping two braids across my head is a favorite.

Hip/Tailbone is the length required to join the International long hair club. I may not join because of the obligations but it will be nice knowing I made it. :)

Looking forward to hearing from you ladies of long hair desires. :Rose:

Mija

Exotical OG
I'm interested in joining. I'm 5'4 and 3/4s:) and from my front hairline to the back I'm at 34.5 inches. My hair grows in a v-shape and my goal is to have the tip grow to 35-36 inches (mid-butt) and get the sides to grow at least to 33-34 inches. I've been a protective styler since high school so I usually wear a bun; and ponytails, flat twists, & cornrows- rarely. I've done bun coils but I haven't experimented like others with figure 8 bun's and chinese buns, etc. I try to only style my hair twice a day (am & pm) so I'm not manipulating it too much.

The majority of what I use are my holy grail staples but I've been experimenting here and there with coconut milk, Aussie cond's, and other conditioners. I always deep condition (& pre-poo) every week to keep my length and ends moisturized and strong. I ACV rinse to remove buildup and keep my scalp clean and then wash with CON. I haven't had much success with the CG routine- daily CO washing- its too drying and stressful on my hair. I end up detangling too much and cutting knots out. I only condition wash if I just washed my hair within the last few days and it's dry.

My experience with my hair has been great. I wish I had known in jr high and high school what I know now. I just realized I needed to pay attention to its condition, how it responds to products, ingredients, and the tools I was using on it. I plan on getting some silk night caps and Devacurl One condition.

Last edited:

SherryLove

visuals, please, ladies.... lol....one person that comes to my mind is unlvgirl who's at tailbone length already.

Millahdoowop

Dang, y'all serious about your hair up in here. I'm no where near that length and I don't know if I want to go that long. The thickness of my hair and that length would make my hair almost unmanageable. Well not unmanageable, but I wouldn't have the patience to deal with it. Go head wit yo bad selves...:clap:

Carlie

It's so inspiring to hear about natural sistas growing their hair to such great lengths! That's awesome! :yep: You GROW girls! :cool:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I just may be in the market for tail bone length...Currently the very back of my hair has just passed my waist. The sides are about three (3) to four (4) inches shorter. I hope to grow my hair so that it can lay on and cover the small of my back. I guess the end of it would be at tail bone.

I just measured the distance from my waist to my hip bone. It looks like I am about four (4) inches from my hip bone. I doubt if I will reach that length in 2005. I grow about three (3) inches in a six (6) month time frame.

Now my hair is longer and healthier than it has been since I have been an adult. For the first time in my life, I think my pressed out/straightened hair is beautiful. I use the baggie method too. I have been using it since December 2003! It is DEFINITELY a keeper for me.

I am trying to wait and trim my hair in December. So, I won't be straightening my hair, or taking photos until then. Therefore, I won't know if I have reached tail bone until then. No matter what happens now, I have finally learned how to create an environment for my hair to thrive. Nice thread!

Last edited:

Mija

Exotical OG

I always end up taking my pic down because of trolls:). (My neck is greasy from evoo in this pic-lol.)

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Dang, Mija!:eek:

That's some length, Girl! I could pull all day and my hair would barely be about half that length. It looks your are at tail bone and then some! You grow, Girl. Very nice!

SherryLove

Mija said:

I always end up taking my pic down because of trolls:). (My neck is greasy from evoo in this pic-lol.)

thanks for sharing the pic again....you have beautiful hair!!!!!

Jewell

Yes, Mija, your hair is very lovely. :D I have seen your pics before, but I have never seen any from vintagecoilylocks. That is what I agreed with qtgirl on.

Carlie

Jewell said:
Yes, Mija, your hair is very lovely. :D I have seen your pics before, but I have never seen any from vintagecoilylocks. That is what I agreed with qtgirl on.

I believe that's her in her avatar. :yep:

Ayeshia

Wow your hair is pretty Mija :clap: And chicoros hair is to die for. And here I am trying to get to shoulde rlength :rofl: I guess if I did aim for hip bone it would take about 5 yeras :ohwell: Ill just see if I can get to BS and then work from there. Good Luck ladies :woot:

Victorian

old head
Wow, you guys are serious about the hair! :clap: Congrats to all of you in reaching your current length and good luck on your journey to tailbone length! :weird:

and um, it might not be any of my business, but I remember vintagecoilylocks has said explicitly at least twice that that's not her in her avatar--it's a painting.

Carlie

BlackCardinal said:
and um, it might not be any of my business, but I remember vintagecoilylocks has said explicitly at least twice that that's not her in her avatar--it's a painting.

Thanks for clarifying that. :blush: Looks like I was mistaken. :yep:

SherryLove

lovechic said:
Great And Inspiring Thread, But I'll Stick To Waist Length For Me!

i hear you, love chic.. i will take any length from medium to very long as long as it is healthy... as soon as my hair begins looking unhealthy, it will be saying hello to my favorite pair of scissors.....the ladies here who have watched my progress know that i will do it too.

lovechic

SherryLove said:
i hear you, love chic.. i will take any length from medium to very long as long as it is healthy... as soon as my hair begins looking unhealthy, it will be saying hello to my favorite pair of scissors.....the ladies here who have watched my progress know that i will do it too.
LOL YEAH SHERRY, I'VE BEEN MAD AT YOU PLENTY OF TIMES FOR CUTTING YOIUR HAIR!LOL! YOUR HAIR IS GORGEOUS!

SherryLove

lovechic said:
LOL YEAH SHERRY, I'VE BEEN MAD AT YOU PLENTY OF TIMES FOR CUTTING YOIUR HAIR!LOL! YOUR HAIR IS GORGEOUS!

and you do not know how hard i prayed it would grow back each time... LOL...

thanks.....

Vintagecoilylocks

Mija your hair is lovely, the way it is so consistent in the curl is fabulous.
Your routine sounds really simple and down to earth. I had to really get real about my hair and it paid off. I had some set backs but I know what went wrong. Its like being a knew person having such a full knowledge of one's hair. I have the natural V also. I love it since my curls do what they want anyway.

Are you saying you mostly bun but not braid? I have been wondering about that because the shear act of braiding requires alot of touching and slight pulling.

My avatar is a painting I fell in love with many years ago. It is a hair goal of mine. I love that tassle tie ant the end. So royal.

Well I just knew there were more long haired ladies out there. Keep checking in.

Chicoro just keep growing and you will get there. Your hair sounds so full and beautiful already. I think hip to classic is so elegant. Ever check out www.tlhp.de/
Some nice shots of hip and tailbone. My curly crimpy will never look like alot of them but I love seeing what it looks like. Thats why i like my avatar it give me a good idea of tailbone crimpy fluffy hair and a nice way to fix it. :)